1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

My Audi S3 Sprint Blue 2010

grchmason Jan 15, 2014

1. grchmason

grchmason Registered User

Perfect sounds a plan for the weekend then..... very much appreciated my friend are the instructions online at all ?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. mechanic69

mechanic69 Registered User Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

grchmason likes this.
  4. grchmason

Awesome it sounds far to easy lol!! 9 out 10 is just me panicking no mention of wheel or liner off either :)

Thats a great help mate cheers :friends:

5. mechanic69

?? Step 1 says "remove the 8 T25 torx holding the engine pan to the bottom of the vehicle. Remove the 7 T25 torx bolts holding the passenger side lower inner fender liner to the car. Pull both the pan and liner off of the car."

grchmason likes this.
  6. grchmason

So it does lol!... I was just looking at pics that will teach me to read instructions properly first :joycat:

and passenger side is gearbox side oh yeah its USA cars so drivers side for us lol I would of jacked the wrong side up too lol lol :innocent:

mechanic69 likes this.
  7. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Registered User

Youll definitely need the arch liner out for changing it ,its a bit fidgety with little space!

You might struggle to get the O-ring to stay in place when re-fitting, if so just remove O-ring then put a little sealer in the recess for it and put it back in, that holds it in place. Can be really annoying if it wont stay in place!!

What extra noise do you get with it deleted? I assume it gives better flow too, not upsetting it with cut-outs..

grchmason likes this.
  8. grchmason

It's all fitted and taking it out tonight so will report with back my humble opinion :)

Touch wood O Ring went in easy and I agree looking at old and new Turbo muffler it's night and day and really must add to a all-round better flowing air and turbo :)

Updates coming!!!

9. grchmason

Also BBS CK's 19x8 et44 are coming off today and will be for sale tonight along with Brand new Falken 453...... 225 35 19 tyres

Pics coming soon!

10. mechanic69

Any feedback on this mod yet?

11. grchmason

Hi Mate

Sorry yes TTE muffler delete a deffo increase in boost and spool along with a nice noise in cabin is awesome!!!! Much more raw if that makes sense I also changed my Revo settings thanks to Kev's advice and really has been again fantastic advice!

All in all a great week of upgrades :)

S3Alex likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Marshy

Marshy Settled in

Glad your happy mate.
    I fitted the cts discharge on my S3 and found it made a noticeable difference.
    A week or so later I fitted the intercooler to throttle body pipe which in my opinion undone all the good work of the discharge pipe so I sold it.
    Glad your still enjoying your car though

grchmason and S3Alex like this.
  14. grchmason

Thanks to you and your awesome advice :)

Reading your reviews made me only want discharge pipe and the seeing it was with muffler delete with CTS i thought ahhh haaa letes try that first and makes perfect sense that its that not the pipe :)

I can only thank you endlessly as you always give the best advice Kev ....... and Revo settings really was like night and day

:cheerful::cheerful::cheerful::cheerful::cheerful::cheerful:

Marshy likes this.
  15. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Gold Supporter

People keep going on about Revo and APR being off-the-shelf generic maps,whilst forgetting that fuelling,timing and boost all need to be adjusted and set up properly.

Once that's done,the car feels and runs totally differently.
    Glad you're having fun.

Marshy and grchmason like this.
  16. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Registered User

What discharge pipes yous guys been looking at? What negative effect did intercooler-intake pipe have? Ive bought Forge boost pipes to get rid of the pancake pipes (a Golf has), but S3 pipes are tubular standard anyway? Are the upgrades on S3 just bigger diameter?

grchmason likes this.
  17. Marshy

Marshy Settled in

On my car running Revo software I found it moved the power further up the revs,
    It wasn't suited to my style of driving as I drive quick but don't rev the nuts of the car.
    It's more personal preference but for me unless needed to run WMI it's not worth doing.

grchmason likes this.
  18. grchmason

I really can not agree anymore and the difference it has made has really made me think do I need more power lol!!

Then I look at your thread and you go upset me Alex lol lol! ........ One thing has become clear is that the brakes all be it brand new upgraded are pretty **** :)

19. grchmason

From all my limited research it's not the pipe but more the Turbo muffler delete that comes with them is were the gains are had mate

and can get that separate at a lot less costs :)

Marshy likes this.
  20. Marshy

Marshy Settled in

Yeah it's the muffler that makes the difference, the pipe on the S3 isn't that restrictive.
    Originally the muffler was only available with the discharge pipe but now can be bought on its own.

grchmason likes this.
  21. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Registered User

Fitting K04 to Mk6 Golf involves cutting the silencer off the compressor housing to fit the TSI block anyway, so thatll be long gone. Lol!
    The S3 got plastic intercooler to inlet pipe or they upgraded from standard compared to Golf etc? Upgrade just bigger diameter?

We getting wheel pic update then? ;)

grchmason likes this.
  22. Marshy

Marshy Settled in

From memory the intake pipes the same on golf and S3.
    The discharge pipe is only different from K03 to K04

grchmason likes this.
  23. grchmason

Amen.......... When I saw my own discharge pipe really could not notice any deference in diameter and deffo not enough to make me think oh yeah lets buy a new pipe lol!

But the muffler you could see first hand just how disturbing to the air it could be and really is a no brainer once the cards are on the table

24. grchmason

I'm with you mate sure there the same 100%

Marshy likes this.
  25. Marshy

Marshy Settled in

What wheels you going for then?

grchmason likes this.
  26. grchmason

Pic's soon mate I have gone all sensible to keep the wife happy lol lol!!!!!!

27. grchmason

Really going to miss the 19's BBS CK's if I'm honest I keep looking at pics thinking am I doing the right thing :cry::cry::cry::cry:

28. mechanic69

This debate still baffles me, if the silencer delete makes it better, and an upgraded intercooler is better then how can fitting the cts down pipe make it worse? Less restrictions = more air, therefore the Map needs tweaking...

29. Marshy

Marshy Settled in

As I said its my personal experience.
    Although if you do some research that intake pipe is shaped like that for a reason and improves low down torque.
    When asking for it, more air is the key to more power.
    A bit like an intake you gain more power higher up the rev band but lose that sweet spot low down.
    Again personal choice but definitely a mod if never do again.

30. grchmason

A sad day the BBS CK'S are off and looking every bit as stunning as ever :) IMG_5172.jpg

31. grchmason

For everyone that has messaged all details and a load more pics are in the for sale section

Thanks

32. grchmason

Few updates coming :)

But got sent these from A local HomeGrown German Night meet I support every month Credit to the Photographer.......... Avi B Photography

Load more pics coming :)

IMG_6002.jpg

11872293_457552097757058_5619864233084457031_o copy.jpg 1891592_458217451023856_7714105467937533009_o copy.jpg

leshkin, sliced and Dt_racing like this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer... VCDS Map User

Lovely motor mate! When I saw it last night, it looked very nice, but had a browse through this thread and boy does it look sweet in some of the photos! The CKs looked amazing too!

grchmason likes this.
  35. grchmason

Hi Mate

Thank you really am glad you like her :)

The CK's I have had for a few years now and really fancied a change and to be honest was a harsh ride..... really prefer the ride of the 18's much more forgiving if that makes sense and not so scared of pot holes now :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

36. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer... VCDS Map User

Yeah, I'm looking at changing my wheels too and not even considering 19s for the same reasons :)

grchmason likes this.
  37. s3_trev

s3_trev Northern Ireland

Hey dude whats this muffler delete you guys are going on about??? I am intrigued lol.

Edit: Are you referring to the throttle pipe? AKA the pancake pipe? I have the Revo version but just wanted to check if this is the mod that you have had so much success with?

Also if you dont mind me asking, what SPS settings are you running now?

Cheers.

grchmason likes this.
  38. grchmason

Great minds think a Like :)

leshkin likes this.
  39. grchmason

Hi Trev

Pic is on page 9 of the TTE Turbo Muffler Delete.......... 30 mins to fit 3 bolts on turbo inner arch out job done and really improves sound a flow for what it costs a awesome mod!

Car sounds so much more deeper in tone and more turbo noise that I have grown to love :)

My Revo settings are....... 8 - 5 - 6 and are perfect pulls better than ever!

Hope that helps

s3_trev and Marshy like this.
  40. s3_trev

s3_trev Northern Ireland

I think Im confusing myself here. First of all, the "discharge" pipe and the "throttle" pipe are they the same or different? I have the revo throttle pipe which replaced the pancake pipe in the middle front of the engine. But looking at that pic you posted, the "discharge" pipe seems to be a different pipe altogether?

Edit: figured it out lol. Where did you buy the bits mate?

Edit 2: Gonna throw a wanted post up in the offchance someone is selling a discharge pipe lol

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    grchmason likes this.
  41. swatchuk

swatchuk Registered User

Maybe we should see about a group buy for the discharge and throttle pipes.

grchmason and s3_trev like this.
  42. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Registered User

Dont Forge do discharge/ throttle pipe kits for S3? I recently bought the kit for Mk6 Golf around £180.. Made a noticeable difference and thats before ive even fitted K04. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

43. mechanic69

The discharge pipe goes turbo to intercooler, the throttle pipe goes intercooler to inlet manifold. I've read the throttle pipe isn't the greatest mod? How's yours perform?

s3_trev and grchmason like this.