My Audi S3 build

Hi mate which smf flywheel did you get fitted. Car is coming along nicely!
I've recently had a loba/Sachs SMF setup fitted and the idle chatter isn't too bad at all but I get some deceleration noise that's thrash (which I can live with) but the worst thing is not being able to shift into gears if rpm is at 6000 or higher. Wondering if yours is bang on?

This thread may help you,if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=13553&highlight=loba+clutch+release&page=5

There have been problems with high rpm shifts on some Loba SMF setups,and there is a sort of cure in this thread.

This thread may help you,if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=13553&highlight=loba+clutch+release&page=5

There have been problems with high rpm shifts on some Loba SMF setups,and there is a sort of cure in this thread.
Hi and thanks for replying, the cure/fix in there is suited to 02M gearboxes. Most of our S3 gearboxes are 02Q.
I've been reading that thread over and over and I've actually replied to it but have got no answer.
@Mario8P has had this problem, I've just messaged him via Facebook as vagoc won't let me message him lol.

Sorry for thread hijack

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi and thanks for replying, the cure/fix in there is suited to 02M gearboxes. Most of our S3 gearboxes are 02Q.
I've been reading that thread over and over and I've actually replied to it but have got no answer.
@Mario8P has had this problem, I've just messaged him via Facebook as vagoc won't let me message him lol.

Sorry for thread hijack

No probs....I know the issue exists,and had occurred on a number of cars,but Loba weren't terribly helpful.
Mario is likely to be your best bet,as I know a few people who have either had to live with it,or replace the clutch with a type that has no problems.

Good luck.

Hi mate which smf flywheel did you get fitted. Car is coming along nicely!
I've recently had a loba/Sachs SMF setup fitted and the idle chatter isn't too bad at all but I get some deceleration noise that's thrash (which I can live with) but the worst thing is not being able to shift into gears if rpm is at 6000 or higher. Wondering if yours is bang on?
I've not given it any beans yet just taking it steady while it beds in, can hardly hear the SMF chatter at all! It is a Sachs SMF. I'll update you when it has bedded in :)

Reactions: saq85 and Compkiler

Sorry for thread hijack
Given it chance to bed in and my gear changes are nice and clean no problem getting it in to any gears :)

Had Stage 2+ remap done at LVS Racing open day :) what a massive difference it makes. Pulls so much harder all the way through the revs now!

Was a good day out too some nice cars and free food and drinks! Big up LVS Racing!!

I'm just running a standard exhaust with the cat removed so they had to hold the map back a little.

Took it to the dyno today and I'm pleased with the results :)

351.5 bhp & 313.1 lbft torque

Reactions: Allman45, micks378, Krony and 2 others
Had Stage 2+ remap done at LVS Racing open day :) what a massive difference it makes. Pulls so much harder all the way through the revs now!

Was a good day out too some nice cars and free food and drinks! Big up LVS Racing!!

I'm just running a standard exhaust with the cat removed so they had to hold the map back a little.

Took it to the dyno today and I'm pleased with the results :)

351.5 bhp & 313.1 lbft torque

Have you removed both cats mate? or Just pre cat?

Have you removed both cats mate? or Just pre cat?
I have removed them both. The downpipe is just a straight pipe through now to the centre silencer. But it is only standard bore. Need 3inch all the way through then have the map tweeked :)

Reactions: Allman45
Uprated dog bone bushes fitted. Gear changes feel so much better now they have made a massive difference well worth upgrading!

Saw this on the day it looks very clean and I'm kinda jealous of the colour!

Reactions: adam_may
Short shifter fitted, loads better over standard would recommend!

Reactions: S.
do you find it heavier than oem shifter?

it's great, and massive improvement untill you get single mass flywheel, then no more fast shifts at higher revs.

Reactions: grchmason
it's great, and massive improvement untill you get single mass flywheel, then no more fast shifts at higher revs.
I have SMF on mine and it seems to be ok, loads better than the standard shifter

Reactions: S.
that's a great news. mine obviously doesn't like me :pirate:

Mines the same, won't shft after 6500rpm. Not that I need to but still Lol.

Mines the same, won't shft after 6500rpm. Not that I need to but still Lol.

Depends very much on the clutch you choose.

Mine is a Spec Stg3+ carbon-metallic clutch which allows you to shift easily up to the rev limit.

The Loba clutches and some others are well known for being reluctant.

Reactions: grchmason
So glad I went DMF....... The amount of people i have seen with problems with Single Mass and LOBA is unreal and for what is a big job and price I feel so sorry for all involved

Reactions: S3Alex