1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Audi/MMI Connect

GPS3-1 Oct 12, 2018

1. GPS3-1

GPS3-1 New Member

Hi, Firstly, I am sorry if this has been covered before! It is trying me mad.

I've recently bought a 18 plate. The Audi connect is setup on the car, so I can see all local info/weather etc. I believe this is driven off a built in SIM card?

I have downloaded both the myAudi and MMI connect app. What I get from the MMI connect app is:

- No connection to vehicle possible

- Initiate connection to MMI in the myAudi app

This means I am unable to get any info on the car i.e. mpg, oil level, remotely locking etc. Am I missing something!? I have called Audi they have no idea!

I have tried it in the car sill the same.

If I try to connect to the Wi-Fi on the car it redirects me to setup or register a SIM card. My understanding is that I don't require an additional SIM to us thecar status report etc. Is this correct?

I am using an iPhone.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member Team Brill Red saloon Audi A3

There was a thread on this in this forum earlier this week. Quite a lot of dialogue and feedback.

Ormesome likes this.
  4. Ormesome

Ormesome Well-Known Member TDi quattro S-line owners group S tronic Q2 owners group

These 2 links will answer all your questions. I was in the same boat as you around a week ago and aswked exactly the same questions! Going from an A3 with nothing to a Q2 with VC and tech pack. Still disappointed by the app connectivity but whatever. All I need is the ability to send a destination to my car via the app which is easy. Take some time to read these 2 links then post back with questions but you shouldn't have any.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-connect-mmi-app-wont-connect.379701/

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...r-downloads-what-connect-or-data-plan.379919/

Tashfeen likes this.