My audi looks like it sits high

Fuzzyduckjb

Reaction score
I've thought this since picking it up, not super high but high enough for me to notice. A4 tdi 190 16 plate s line not sure if quattro makes any difference. I have the 19 rs alloys on mine and in a car park I saw a 67 plate with rotors on so I did a quick sneaky measurement, mine fits 3 fingers between tyre and bodywork his was like 2 and a half. Now I know this seems petty but I can definitely tell the difference.
Probably horrendous explanation but any help would be appreciated

They have standard S-Line suspension, sounds like yours has had the "comfort" option ticked, this rides higher but softer. I take it you've not had it since new?

Well I read a post on this not half an hour ago, so I went and got the codes from my boot and did a little research and is says sports suspension...no such code for comfort package.
No i haven't had it since new

Maybe the other car had more stuff in the boot

Reactions: OCDaveS4
I think yours is a little high in the ride height tolerance band then, it does vary quite a bit. More often than not people complain of a bit uneven ride height side to side, rather than just overall height. I had a loan car once which was a BE with 19" wheels and that was higher than the 3 fingers your talking about, but still had sports suspension, it had only done 300 miles so probably hadn't fully bedded in.

Ahh that makes sense, mines done 40k so is definitely bedded in. Is there a way of making it look lower other than eibach springs as I dont really want to ruin the feel of the ride and I think springs may hinder that somewhat.

He might have had a dead body in the boot and you didn't

Reactions: OCDaveS4 and tickedon
Ahh that makes sense, mines done 40k so is definitely bedded in. Is there a way of making it look lower other than eibach springs as I dont really want to ruin the feel of the ride and I think springs may hinder that somewhat.

From experience, you won’t notice a reduction in ride quality fitting Eibach springs, so don’t let that put you off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also considered this route with my last A4, as it was a bit uneven side to side, but fought shy in the end as I didn't want to pay the extra insurance if you declare the mod.

From my research I think, as far the B9 is concerned anyway, if you're going from sports suspension already (-20mm approx. on standard height) to the Eibach pro kit the drop is only about another 10mm, so quite subtle, and ride still good as @Daggerit clarifies. Cars with these fitted do look great IMO.

Reactions: Daggerit
This is how mine sits with the eibach pro kit with 10mm spacers all round and I also have 235 40 winter tyres on.
fb5427164d1788a3e88cd269e5ea3342.jpg

I find the ride not so good though. The rear of my car seems to skip about and it feels like the car moves to the side (at the rear) when going over imperfections in the road. I hadn’t mentioned that to a work colleague who was sitting in the back and they pipped up and said the exact same thing.
I thought it was the stiffer rear anti roll bar I had put on so went back to stock and it made no difference. I had the stiffer anti roll bar and a stronger front strut brace on before I lowered it and it was lovely, handled really nice. Put the springs on and it all went wrong. But I know lots of people on here said it didn’t change there ride quality so I’m just doing a process of elimination and putting things back to stock to see if anything changes. Wheel spacers off next, but I can’t see that making a difference.
Was thinking about trying the MSS spring kit as you can adjust the height and there R & D fitting centre is a 2 minute drive from my house.

This is how mine sits with the eibach pro kit with 10mm spacers all round and I also have 235 40 winter tyres on.
fb5427164d1788a3e88cd269e5ea3342.jpg

I find the ride not so good though. The rear of my car seems to skip about and it feels like the car moves to the side (at the rear) when going over imperfections in the road. I hadn’t mentioned that to a work colleague who was sitting in the back and they pipped up and said the exact same thing.
I thought it was the stiffer rear anti roll bar I had put on so went back to stock and it made no difference. I had the stiffer anti roll bar and a stronger front strut brace on before I lowered it and it was lovely, handled really nice. Put the springs on and it all went wrong. But I know lots of people on here said it didn’t change there ride quality so I’m just doing a process of elimination and putting things back to stock to see if anything changes. Wheel spacers off next, but I can’t see that making a difference.
Was thinking about trying the MSS spring kit as you can adjust the height and there R & D fitting centre is a 2 minute drive from my house.

Did you get a full alignment done afterward? There are a few people I know of who have fitted lowering springs and had serious geometry issues afterwards causing tyre damage and poor handling.

Did you get a full alignment done afterward? There are a few people I know of who have fitted lowering springs and had serious geometry issues afterwards causing tyre damage and poor handling.

I did, was thinking about getting it done again somewhere else to double check though. The tyres seem to be fine, I’ve had the springs on about 5 months and both the summer and winter tyres are wearing evenly. Done 4k since the winters have been on and all measurements are equal across the tyres. I also have comfort adaptive suspension.

This is a worry now, I was about to purchase so springs and get it done asap but now I'm not sure
Thank you for the info though

I did, was thinking about getting it done again somewhere else to double check though. The tyres seem to be fine, I’ve had the springs on about 5 months and both the summer and winter tyres are wearing evenly. Done 4k since the winters have been on and all measurements are equal across the tyres. I also have comfort adaptive suspension.

A friend who put springs on his S3 had something similar and had to take the car to have the suspension system recalibrated and then he said it drove good as new.

I didn't have mine done but I went from the S4 active suspension which would've likely had less of an overall change than yours so maybe that's the difference?

This is a worry now, I was about to purchase so springs and get it done asap but now I'm not sure
Thank you for the info though

I’d say I’m a one-off. The majority of everyone that has done it has been happy with the mod. It could be that something isn’t fitted properly at the rear, the front feels fine. I didn’t fit the springs but I’m going to check everything when I’ve got the car in the air next. Also look at the MSS kit, you can adjust the ride height to whatever you want without changing the dampers. https://shop.mss.company/shop/mss-sports-adjustable-ride-system-audi-a4-avant/?make=audi

A friend who put springs on his S3 had something similar and had to take the car to have the suspension system recalibrated and then he said it drove good as new.

I didn't have mine done but I went from the S4 active suspension which would've likely had less of an overall change than yours so maybe that's the difference?

Yeah could be. I was starting to think it was just me being fussy and it was normal as the dampers are obviously being squeezed. Strangely enough comfort mode is the worst setting, the car just doesn’t know how to deal with the bumps. It seems to ride better in dynamic but still skips about.

Yeah could be. I was starting to think it was just me being fussy and it was normal as the dampers are obviously being squeezed. Strangely enough comfort mode is the worst setting, the car just doesn’t know how to deal with the bumps. It seems to ride better in dynamic but still skips about.

I guess that would kind of make sense then. Like it's over sprung and under-damped maybe. I guess the tell for that would be that it bounces a little after hitting a bump or sways more than expected in a corner, which sounds like it's what you're expecting. Maybe if our cars can be re-calibrated that would help yours quite a lot?

Well I think k I'm going to go for the eibach sport line kit. 30mm front and back. So fingers crossed it all goes well...I shall keep you posted once I manage to get them fitted

Reactions: Daggerit
Well I think k I'm going to go for the eibach sport line kit. 30mm front and back. So fingers crossed it all goes well...I shall keep you posted once I manage to get them fitted

Isn’t the sport line kit the really low version 40mm? Thought the pro kit was 30mm.

Oh Bloodyhell I thought it was the other way round, I shall double check before I order....thanks for the heads up

I guess that would kind of make sense then. Like it's over sprung and under-damped maybe. I guess the tell for that would be that it bounces a little after hitting a bump or sways more than expected in a corner, which sounds like it's what you're expecting. Maybe if our cars can be re-calibrated that would help yours quite a lot?

Yeah I think I’ll look into that. Probably have to go to the dealer. I don’t know what makes mine comfort adaptive over the normal sport adaptive. Could be I have a different damper. Or would it be the spring rate they change between the 2 setups?