My Audi App

Just updated mine and it says all windows open, tailgate open.

Its in the garage so not an issue if they are, but I know they were closed when I locked it up last night.

Still showing rings for me. App seems a bit useless to me?

It’s useless.

Strangely enough the Pandora app has better control over the car and only shows a door open when it’s…….actually open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and kayemill
It’s useless.

Strangely enough the Pandora app has better control over the car and only shows a door open when it’s…….actually open

The only useful thing I find with the app is the ability to find a location on the maps and send it to the car in advance of setting off, it just saves a bit of time when going somewhere new. Plus I will say that 9 times out of 10 the location has arrived to the sat nav when you turn on the car, whereas with my previous q3 (same mmi) you had to wait a few minutes from turning on the car for the location to show up.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
The only useful thing I find with the app is the ability to find a location on the maps and send it to the car in advance of setting off, it just saves a bit of time when going somewhere new. Plus I will say that 9 times out of 10 the location has arrived to the sat nav when you turn on the car, whereas with my previous q3 (same mmi) you had to wait a few minutes from turning on the car for the location to show up.
Out of interest, how do you send a location?

Out of interest, how do you send a location?

Click on map icon

Search then it comes up with it as an option

6e705bb8b3e1c64638bcd2cfcf12e1e7.png

Reactions: DangerMouseUK, Southall87 and kayemill
My App has said a few times that 'Although the car is/was locked there may be a window or tailgate open' stuff.

I've messed with it a couple of times just opening a particular door and refreshing the App, first time opening closing the tailgate 'fixed' it second time I went straight to the tailgate but that didn’t alter anything, ended up being drivers door that altered the App status, I wonder what the App looks for, or more likely what information the car tells the App?

On every occasion the App has said the car is not parked safely everything was shut/closed

Mine has done this one again;

2822fcabbf2aa4bc36e63d57f13aa80b.jpg

Pops up briefly with a time some random time in the past during the day and the normally updates again to say fully locked or rarely sometimes it’ll update to all windows and tailgate open.

I’m guessing again that the car is quick to send the status to the server when you’ve stopped the engine but if you don’t lock it quick enough it’ll just send the unlocked status to the server and not bother to update that status unless you manually refresh it. Seems to be a weird way to do it, they should code the car that every single time there is a change to the cars locking status it should update the Audi servers.

I’d email Audi Digital Support but they’re not going to do anything helpful at all.

Ah what the hell I’ve logged a case with them, see what they come out with this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit
Pics of the car are back on mine.

I'm still trying to get mine to work. If I try to set myself up as the key user I get an immediate error saying it can't do it. I've tried deleting my profile and restarting it a couple times and that hasn't sorted it so I'm not quite sure how to get it working.

Hold the power part of the touch circle on the centre console for 30-40 seconds until the car does a soft reboot then try again

If that doesn’t work touch two fingers next to each other in the top right of the screen until an engineering screen comes up then hit quit which will do a full reboot then try again

If none of the work you’ve got me stumped lol

Reactions: Waq1 and Daggerit
Hold the power part of the touch circle on the centre console for 30-40 seconds until the car does a soft reboot then try again

If that doesn’t work touch two fingers next to each other in the top right of the screen until an engineering screen comes up then hit quit which will do a full reboot then try again

If none of the work you’ve got me stumped lol

I’ll give those a shot, thanks for the advice!

And again today

c264183d6e28d6b721b0c30a4acc5779.jpg

When I opened the app the it said the vehicle was not locked/parked safely one day ago then after 20-30 seconds updated to being parked safely.

I’m pretty sure that it was not left unlocked yesterday at any point in time but again I’m guessing the car just sends the locking status from some random time whilst you’re either just getting into the car or sat in it just before you’re getting out, not sure but they really need to code how it does this better. I’ve started to check the handles now when I leave to make sure it is locked!

I’ve logged a case but as usual they’re going to do next to nothing about it I guess!

And again today

c264183d6e28d6b721b0c30a4acc5779.jpg

When I opened the app the it said the vehicle was not locked/parked safely one day ago then after 20-30 seconds updated to being parked safely.

I’m pretty sure that it was not left unlocked yesterday at any point in time but again I’m guessing the car just sends the locking status from some random time whilst you’re either just getting into the car or sat in it just before you’re getting out, not sure but they really need to code how it does this better. I’ve started to check the handles now when I leave to make sure it is locked!

I’ve logged a case but as usual they’re going to do next to nothing about it I guess!

Best not to rely totally on the info this app presently gives. I've seen windows open, bonnet open, car located a mile away, unlocked etc. when its not. Fuel level and Range appear to be nearly there.

I still haven’t been able to get it working despite being set as the key user and everything else I can see that needs done.

Just get this:

a4debb4c6711a2875999ae3fa00e40d9.jpg

I still haven’t been able to get it working despite being set as the key user and everything else I can see that needs done.

Just get this:

This is mine now..
IMG 0991 Medium
IMG 0990 Medium

and Pandora
IMG 0992 Medium

It would be nice if they sorted it out, surely it can’t be that hard.

It would be nice if they sorted it out, surely it can’t be that hard.

Audi's Software development team must be awaiting a few replacement chips since covid-19.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Daggerit

Just get this:

That’s how it looks when the final part of activation isn’t complete (signing in in the car).

Did you sign in with your myAudi username and password in the car and set yourself as the key user?

That’s how it looks when the final part of activation isn’t complete (signing in in the car).

Did you sign in with your myAudi username and password in the car and set yourself as the key user?

Yeah it pops up saying I’m the key user when I get in the car, with my name correctly displayed and things. It’s a bit weird.

Yeah I either get that all the windows and tailgate are open or I just get that the vehicle isn’t parked safely (unlocked).

The first one is a genuine misread of the status I think whereas the second one was an accurate status when the car sent it just misleading as it was probably from when you were getting in or out and just before/after you locked/unlocked the car - still have a case open with Audi Digital about it, they’re not doing much.

Yeah it pops up saying I’m the key user when I get in the car, with my name correctly displayed and things. It’s a bit weird.

Have you tried removing yourself as the key user which will delete everyone in the car then doing a factory reset of the MMI via Settings and the maintenance I think or general?

Might be worth a shot?

Audi Digital before asked me if the News and Weather apps work I’m guessing they ask that to check if your eSIM is working and loading data correctly?

Have you tried removing yourself as the key user which will delete everyone in the car then doing a factory reset of the MMI via Settings and the maintenance I think or general?

Might be worth a shot?

I think that’ll be the next step but I’m hesitant because it took me days to get it to accept me as the key user in the first place.

Lol yeah I feel your pain.

Also they normally ask me when I send screenshots to make sure I have 3 bars of LTE coverage on the screen not sure how that will be more effective than 1 or 2 bars but maybe the MMI system needs a certain amount of data speed otherwise it will timeout waiting?

I know in the UK the telecom partner is O2 UK who can be a bit patchy sometimes!

Lol yeah I feel your pain.

Also they normally ask me when I send screenshots to make sure I have 3 bars of LTE coverage on the screen not sure how that will be more effective than 1 or 2 bars but maybe the MMI system needs a certain amount of data speed otherwise it will timeout waiting?

I know in the UK the telecom partner is O2 UK who can be a bit patchy sometimes!

That’s useful to know, I’ll maybe try it in a different place because parked in front of my house it only has one or two bars.

Mine has done it again tonight but not the windows and tailgate open one just the vehicle not parked safely one.

Is anyone getting the exact same message as this or are you all getting just tailgate or windows open?

f8fd6407f1c19f5e36637e73b872d496.jpg

The car is fully locked and the app normally refreshes and updates to saying fully locked just not sure why it sends the wrong update to the servers at the wrong time. Keeps making me second guess whether the car is actually locked or not. Better to not even have the feature at all if it’s wrong all the time!

Mine has done it again tonight but not the windows and tailgate open one just the vehicle not parked safely one.

Is anyone getting the exact same message as this or are you all getting just tailgate or windows open?

The car is fully locked and the app normally refreshes and updates to saying fully locked just not sure why it sends the wrong update to the servers at the wrong time. Keeps making me second guess whether the car is actually locked or not. Better to not even have the feature at all if it’s wrong all the time!

Try hitting lock on the app and see if that works. It did for me once but obviously that's no proof.

Guys how the hek do i get logged in on the car? Every time i out myaudi app login details onto screen it fails. Been like that for 1 week now.

Guys how the hek do i get logged in on the car? Every time i out myaudi app login details onto screen it fails. Been like that for 1 week now.

Mine did that for about the first week then suddenly just let me log in. In my case I had myself set up as the key user first then eventually let me actually log in but it felt like it just wasn’t connecting to the server or something.

Doesn’t help how you can get it fixed, but it might just suddenly start working if you keep at it like I did.

Yes I get that quite a few times, ive taken to checking the app now when I leave the car parked
Oddly for the first time the other day it showed my cars location where it was actually parked and not at my home, maybe the app is still being improved on?

They are working on it as Audi Digital have sent it off to a high level team apparently lol so must be a known issue, they keep asking for screenshots every few weeks!
Doubt they'll get very far though!!

Audi App again telling me that although the car was locked the vehicle is not parked safely....................................
And then I get a phone call from the Russian Pandora girl telling me the tailgate is open :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Audi App again telling me that although the car was locked the vehicle is not parked safely....................................
And then I get a phone call from the Russian Pandora girl telling me the tailgate is open :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit
The **** is surely about to drop out the market for hot hatches very soon. That car must have 25k to vanish within a few months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mines done this in the rain tonight, ‘Vehicle Not Parked Safely’. All windows open…?

Having just got out the shower my heart sank thinking all the windows were open

1f2f3d5aa303837762a322f780f9e97a.jpg

Mines done this in the rain tonight, ‘Vehicle Not Parked Safely’. All windows open…?

It’s a glitch. Crappy app. Said this so many times to us then check the garage and it’s locked up.

Reactions: miyagi_gb

I’ve stopped looking now as mine does it all of the time and I have to go and check every time. About time they fixed this……rubbish coding.

Reactions: miyagi_gb