My Audi App

Reaction score
Does your app sometimes show;

Vehicle Not Parked Safely (guessing new wording for vehicle unlocked). With everything else Green?

When you thought the car actually was locked?

If I refresh the status the warning goes away.

In the older S3 I used to get warnings about the boot and window not being closed when they were . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine showed the drivers window to be open on Sunday, walked the 2 miles back to the car to find it all closed up and safely locked..

Reactions: DangerMouseUK

Vehicle Not Parked Safely (guessing new wording for vehicle unlocked). With everything else Green?

In the older S3 I used to get warnings about the boot and window not being closed when they were . . .

Has done once. Luckily when in the garage at home so no 2 mile walk as above.

Yes, this happens fairly regularly, never unlocked or boot open.

I just put it down to the app being rubbish, which it is! i.e still no FOD capability even though FOD is available and works.

Reactions: audia31.5, Royce44 and DangerMouseUK
FOD now offers me this
ee24c72306e7925a89c8f62905c9cd4a.png

• Haha
Reactions: DangerMouseUK and RSt3ve
If it does say it's open, can't you close it with the app?

Reactions: billymc92, DangerMouseUK and RichK
If it does say it's open, can't you close it with the app?
Yeah good point - I'm just wondering whether I did lock it in the first place as I'm pretty sure I did and the status made me doubt whether I did or not.

Also Vehicle Not Parked Safely is a bit of a silly message - can't they just say Vehicle Unlocked if thats what the warning is - pretty sure thats what it used to say before!

Reactions: Mike.46
FOD now offers me this
ee24c72306e7925a89c8f62905c9cd4a.png

I have been in touch with Audi Germany about sorting out the connect key… as it doesn’t work. No answer yet but hopefully eventually it will!

Can lock the car but can't close the windows via the app as far as I am aware..

Reactions: Mike.46, garethdj and DangerMouseUK
App is absolute rubbish. Info always not updated or completely wrong. It’s ridiculous that in 2022 we have only remote close/opening when Volks app for a freaking Polo has far many features!

Reactions: NWHighlander, Maddave and DangerMouseUK
Mine did it again today

e108ab009313b4b7f54bafc072729886.jpg

Have a feeling it sends an update to the servers when the car is unlocked as you’re getting out or getting in and then doesn’t re-update until you manually try to refresh the status and even then that doesn’t work sometimes can sit there trying to refresh it 3-4 times and it still says last updated X minutes ago!

And again tonight

23db56ab8d79e394404499dbd687fac7.jpg

I think the car seems to send a status to the servers when it’s unlocked but then doesn’t send one when it’s been locked unless you manually request it by refreshing the status.

Seems to be really bad comms design between the car and the Audi connect servers.

Even Jaguar Land Rover get this stuff right!!

On my second F3 RSQ3 and the app is still a useless distraction as before. Incorrect messages causing me to recheck, especially in town. I no longer use or consult it.

Mike

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Mike.46

I got last time for almost a week info that all windows are open :)

Separate from the other issue in the other post about settings not applying I’ve had it do this again on this new car.

Said the car isn’t parked safely/unlocked but when I refreshed the app by pulling down and hitting the refresh logo it changed to all locked.

I think it’s something to do with the car sending the status when you’ve turned the engine off but not got out yet so will send the status to Audi that the car is unlocked. Or sending the status when you just unlock the car before a drive then not updating the servers again when you get out.

They should have designed it so that it waits for you to lock the car before sending the status, or updates the Audi servers every time there’s a change in the lock/unlock status of the car.

Poorly designed IMO - if Volvo, JLR, Mercedes and BMW can all get their apps to work reasonably well why can’t Audi?

My app alerted yesterday that by boot and all windows were open. Car has been parked in my garage for a week. Of course I went and checked it. All locked up as expected and no issues. Audi need to sort these annoying bugs.

I think it’s something to do with the car sending the status when you’ve turned the engine off but not got out yet so will send the status to Audi that the car is unlocked. Or sending the status when you just unlock the car before a drive then not updating the servers again when you get out.
could be, but it doesn’t explain why the status can change from all locked up safely to everything open, whilst the car has been parked up for a week and the car keys/app/and owner are in a separate country (happened to me recently whilst on holiday). Bit frustrating that all of a sudden you’re car is open, all windows and boot open whilst sat in an airport car park and you’re half way round the world. Funny thing is it didn’t bother me as I knew the app plays up. One day though it might get broken into and I might dismiss it - bit like the boy crying wolf!

Last edited:
Mine has said 'Vehicle not parked safely' or 'Although the vehicle is locked some windows may be open' (something like that) a quick open and close all the doors and tailgate and it changed to 'Vehicle parked safely'
The sales team spent an age getting the app to work when I picked the car up and i'm still wondering why they bothered? does it tell them some other information as well?

Reactions: 8YARWY and DangerMouseUK
Separate from the other issue in the other post about settings not applying I’ve had it do this again on this new car.

Said the car isn’t parked safely/unlocked but when I refreshed the app by pulling down and hitting the refresh logo it changed to all locked.

They should have designed it so that it waits for you to lock the car before sending the status, or updates the Audi servers every time there’s a change in the lock/unlock status of the car.

Poorly designed IMO - if Volvo, JLR, Mercedes and BMW can all get their apps to work reasonably well why can’t Audi?

how is the app configured? Is it set to background refresh?

I’ve never had this issue on my A6, so if it was a server issue I’d have expected to.

I think it’s more how the 8Y A3s are talking to the Audi servers rather than the servers themselves or maybe a combo of the two.

I’ve seen other MMIs have no faults and some models have loads so I think it’s model dependant.

I know the 8Y has a new generation of MMI it’s MIB3 or something?

This is what it randomly shows before sometimes updating and then showing locked. Confused the hell out of me sometimes.

42904884027fcdd9aa9289eb3c9f9a36.jpg

I think it’s more how the 8Y A3s are talking to the Audi servers rather than the servers themselves or maybe a combo of the two.

I’ve seen other MMIs have no faults and some models have loads so I think it’s model dependant.

I know the 8Y has a new generation of MMI it’s MIB3 or something?

Yup MIB3 or it’s developer code word ‘maybe it’ll break’

Reactions: Waq1 and DangerMouseUK
Since I’ve re-added the car into the app I’ve noticed the picture of it has vanished - just got the four Audi rings now!

Deleted app and reinstalled and its still like this does anyone know how I can get my cars image back?

Who codes this stuff!!!

Did anyone else lose their car picture in the app? It’s not the end of the world but wondering if anyone had this and managed to get it fixed?

Did anyone else lose their car picture in the app? It’s not the end of the world but wondering if anyone had this and managed to get it fixed?

Just checked mine and it just shows 4 rings, must have happened with the recent app update.

Mine still showing the car on Apple. As far as I know, you can’t customise the picture anyway either and as mine in exclusive paint, it’s just a horrible grey colour!

Its the same on my.audi.com as well which is very strange no car or rings at all just a blank area !!!

Are they having issues again?

Just in from Audi Digital support;

Thank you for the information provided.

Kindly be informed that the issue regarding the myAudi App is currently being investigated at high priority by our highest resolution team.

Please, rest assured that as soon as we get provided with an update from our technical team, we will immediately notify you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and kindly ask for your patience.

Just in from Audi Digital support;

Thank you for the information provided.

Kindly be informed that the issue regarding the myAudi App is currently being investigated at high priority by our highest resolution team.

Please, rest assured that as soon as we get provided with an update from our technical team, we will immediately notify you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and kindly ask for your patience.

High priority
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DangerMouseUK, Waq1, Southall87 and 3 others
New Audi app update on App Store didn’t fix anything though - had some hope when they listed bug fixed but no, no joy.

New Audi app update on App Store didn’t fix anything though - had some hope when they listed bug fixed but no, no joy.

I wouldn’t worry about it, no need to look at picture of the car on the app, just go look at it or take your own photo

Yeah fair enough not the biggest problem in the world is it? lol
Would much rather they fix the random times it shows the car unlocked incorrectly than the picture, was still neat to have though.

Reactions: RichK
Checked mine after seeing this thread.

was rings then app updated. Now back to vehicle.

Just updated mine and it says all windows open, tailgate open.

Its in the garage so not an issue if they are, but I know they were closed when I locked it up last night.

Still showing rings for me. App seems a bit useless to me?

Reactions: 8YARWY and DangerMouseUK