My Audi APP

Brian Leslie

Reaction score
Anyone know if Audi are working on the App?
Last 24 hours or so the App will not connect to my the car when I try.
I can still add addresses to the App but no updates on the vehicles status such as fuel or mileage.
Come up with the following message after trying to connect.

Error E:VSR.PA.1 (210902111755)

Wont lock or unlock either (through the App) and comes up with another slightly different error message

Error E:RLU.PA.200 9210902111826)

mine hadnt been working for few days. Today the car received a update for audi connected services and the My Audi app is working again

Reactions: Brian Leslie
mine hadnt been working for few days. Today the car received a update for audi connected services and the My Audi app is working again
Thanks for the reply, appreciated.
Just went to pick my wife up from work and it’s now working again.

Same here - yesterday the app unable to connect.

This evening the MMI stuck on 'initializing' and then , after a hard boot, downloaded and installed an update for Audi connect - all okay now

Reactions: Brian Leslie
The app is pure trash, lost count of the number of times I’ve had to go check my car because it says it’s unlocked or the lights are on when it’s not.

outside of generating anxiety I’m not sure what it’s supposed to do.

The app is pure trash, lost count of the number of times I’ve had to go check my car because it says it’s unlocked or the lights are on when it’s not.

outside of generating anxiety I’m not sure what it’s supposed to do.
I agree that current status is unreliable (I ignore it) and the app is far from best in class. But I do find some things useful: the remaining range (to plan whether I might need a fuel stop on the way somewhere), the ability to pre-set the satnav before getting the car, access to online manuals (really useful when I had a puncture for the first time, early on, before I had got around to reading the instructions for changing a wheel) and the find my car functionality.

Hopefully it will get better over time.

Reactions: Frizzley and Brian Leslie
I agree that current status is unreliable (I ignore it) and the app is far from best in class. But I do find some things useful: the remaining range (to plan whether I might need a fuel stop on the way somewhere), the ability to pre-set the satnav before getting the car, access to online manuals (really useful when I had a puncture for the first time, early on, before I had got around to reading the instructions for changing a wheel) and the find my car functionality.

Hopefully it will get better over time.
There’s no reason for it to be so bad though, VW/Skoda offer the same things and by all accounts they work without Issue. Its the same company, why can’t they talk to each other or follow what is clearly a successful model.

The app clearly isn’t fit for purpose, i I work in tech and if i put in a solution that was broken as frequently as the app is I’d be sacked.

There’s no reason for it to be so bad though, VW/Skoda offer the same things and by all accounts they work without Issue. Its the same company, why can’t they talk to each other or follow what is clearly a successful model.

The app clearly isn’t fit for purpose, i I work in tech and if i put in a solution that was broken as frequently as the app is I’d be sacked.
I’m surprised to hear that VW and Skoda apps work better, bearing in mind they are likely to share core code. The app should be better than it is; but I doubt that Audi consider this to be core functionality. How many people have an app in their top 5 wants from a car? I view the functions that do work reliably - most of them, to be fair - as a bonus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frizzley
The MyAudi app was originally showing an error for me that the server had sent an invalid response, but the website shows vehicle details okay. On the phone app I logged out and back in and the car details now show okay.

Keeping in mind that the app can lock/unlock your car I'm not sure that I'm happy it has no apparent protection on who can access the app, I would have thought that at the very least you would have the option of enabling facial recognition or a PIN.

Looking at Audi's online services at the moment they seem to be in limbo as if they are trying to update/replace them but haven't quite finished yet.

I’m surprised to hear that VW and Skoda apps work better, bearing in mind they are likely to share core code. The app should be better than it is; but I doubt that Audi consider this to be core functionality. How many people have an app in their top 5 wants from a car? I view the functions that do work reliably - most of them, to be fair - as a bonus.
It might be a “bonus” but even if that’s the case release it when it’s working properly, don’t beta test on your customers. If they’d have said this is a beta, and will have issues until a proper release is finalised then fine.

And also it’s listed as part of the equipment that comes with the car, so whilst most people won’t be that bothered about it. It’s costing you money regardless it’s included in the cost.

Apart from the occasional wider outages I find the app is pretty stable and reliable. Use it with both my S5 and wife’s Q3 and have not had any issues so sounds more of an issue with the data being sent from the car than the app itself.

Personally i see the app as a solution looking for a problem to fix. Quite happy to use a key to open or lock the car and look at either the fuel gauge or the trip computer to see when I need to refuel But perhaps I’m a bit old school. Will admit to The car finder and alarm notification functions being useful but the app availability/functionality played absolutely not part in the decision making process of either car or the TTRS and the A5 I had before them. Nor will I be looking pay to use its connect functionality at the end of the initial 3 year free period

Plenty of BMW, MB, VW, Porsche who owners report plenty of issues with their apps too and suspect audi is no better ir worse than any of these.

Reactions: AdamInKent