My Audi A3 sportback

Dan_anthony

Audi A3
Reaction score
Thought it was the right time to start a little build thread this is my daily runner so things whont happen as fast as I'd like!!

This is my first Audi and I have to say I love it the drive is superb compared to my previous car. So far I've only done a few little cosmetics nothing major but have a few plans with what is like to do!

I purchased the car on 21/07/2015 and didn't do anything for a few weeks. I then decided I'd buy some wind deflectors!

Before:

After:

I then decided I needed some new plates so ended up buying a set that I love my last names knight hense the plate

Next little thing was to make the car look slightly cleaner and not cluttered so debadged the car!

Before:

After:

Sorry it isn't as a good read as most yours and things whont happen as quick but I'll get there a few mods in mind so watch this space!!

C+C welcome

Reactions: Verse1
Yeah especially the 4 legs.

Reactions: Ice Kay, Dan_anthony and Dannymoto
Love the changes to the car Dan. Some nice pics there. :) x

Reactions: Dan_anthony
Thanks lads I'm stuck with ideas at the min so any input is great they are my next purchase I think :)

1d4c81b9b0afcc81935ac4e708c6be61.jpg

Mine, with pressed plates.

You got a link to the rain deflectors?

Well a little update got my pressed plates ordered and fitted along with my LED number plate lights!

Similar to mine, pressed plates and LED's do prefer yours without the GB though, got a link and how did you mount em?

Velcro worked well for me.

I'm thinking of getting some lower power LED's though

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321413552350

These are what I've got couldn't recommend this guy highly enough fast response and dispatch he sends out the sticky pads to fit them which is what I used and had not problem with them!

Reactions: Mujnu
Nice little upgrade got delivered today thanks to Jamie on here great guy can't thank him enough this will be getting fitted tomorrow on my day off!!

Genuine rs3 grill ;)

Quite interested with doing the grill change too, do you mind me asking how much it set you back

Messaged you mate! I think it's a nice change its not to much neither was thinking of getting the black rings but thought it would be to much black!

Reactions: Usmxn
Messaged you mate! I think it's a nice change its not to much neither was thinking of getting the black rings but thought it would be to much black!

I would leave them chrome mate, gives it that little bit more of a definition

UPDATE:

Decided to fit the rs3 grill and pressed plate today wasn't as straight forward as id have liked but got it done in the end and im happy with the results

Here's the car before:

During:

And after:

Took me and a mate 2 hours altogether but 2 hours well spent!

If anyone would like a guide or any help removing there grill just give me a shout I'll be happy to help!!

Reactions: Verse1, Dannymoto and Usmxn
Looks amazing mate! Really does transform the car :)

A guide would be perfect

Thanks mate if need be I'll write one up pretty straight forward once you no what your doing!
Thank you again mate

Well gave the car a good clean the other day! Gotta love a clean car!!

I picked up a set of s line alloys that I quite fancied today and got them fitted I quite like them

Looks really good!

I'd dechrome those strips where the fog lights should be. Wrap them matt black or plastidip.

Looks really good!

I'd dechrome those strips where the fog lights should be. Wrap them matt black or plastidip.
Thanks mate just need to lower it which will happen in Jan along with the tints :)

Can you remove that strip it looks like it can be removed I just daren't lol

Thanks mate just need to lower it which will happen in Jan along with the tints :)

Can you remove that strip it looks like it can be removed I just daren't lol

I imagine it comes off separately or the whole plastic moulding comes off and you can wrap or plastidip (or paint) the chrome part.

UPDATE:

Decided to fit the rs3 grill and pressed plate today wasn't as straight forward as id have liked but got it done in the end and im happy with the results

Here's the car before:

During:

And after:

Took me and a mate 2 hours altogether but 2 hours well spent!

If anyone would like a guide or any help removing there grill just give me a shout I'll be happy to help!!

Could you tell me where you got your grill and how much? There are various different ones on ebay from £120 to £250 i dont want to buy the wrong one.

My car is a 2010 1.6 techink sportback

thanks

Could you tell me where you got your grill and how much? There are various different ones on ebay from £120 to £250 i dont want to buy the wrong one.

My car is a 2010 1.6 techink sportback

thanks

I got mine from a lad off here mine is a genuine rs3 grill others on eBay etc are copies a lad on Facebook called mark Brodie sells them for xenonz explain what you want along with your make and model and he will sort you out!

Not much of an update just decided to change my grill around aswell as getting a few snaps with a few mates and there cars!! Ordered some h&r springs hopefully fitting them soon!

Springs

And a few snaps with a few mates hopefully get some more this weekend at the meet we going to!

And one of when I removed the plate

Reactions: TomL83, Verse1 and laudavis
How much does he charge? I haven't got facebook? Your looks mint. how low are the springs? have you spacers fitted?

How much does he charge? I haven't got facebook? Your looks mint. how low are the springs? have you spacers fitted?

Think there about £220 delivered not genuine but closest you will get mate

And thank you it's coming along nicely the springs are 40mm drop and no haven't any spacers fitted!

Well another little update nothing major springs going on the car next week!
But until then I decided to paint my calipers!! Used the Dremel to get all the crap off the calipers used 3 coats on the front and 2 on the back!

Before the Dremel

After:

Once they were don't not brilliant pic!

I also organised a meet last Saturday and we had a brilliant turn out with some brilliant pics! Here are a few!

Since I last posted I ditched the s line alloys and bought some bbs,

Before

After

And fitted

I then bought a front lip that I fitted!

I started getting bored of the springs and wanted to go low so bought some coilovers which feel great!

And just a few as she stands now C+C welcome slow progress but she's getting there!!

Reactions: St4g79 and Verse1
That is spectacular! Lovely mate

Looking great on the new rims and the extra lows​