My attempt at correcting my car !! GULP!

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I took the plunge and deceided to try the rotary polisher to attempt to make my car look less aged.

I erred on the side of caution and maybe could have done some more correction. She does however look better

First i used a hard pad and Menzerna Intensive polish 3.02, followed up with a blast of Menzerna Final finish 85 rd and a medium pad. All the while i chose a lowish speed of around 1200 rpm.

After that i hand polished her with Blackfire Wet Diamond All finish , and finished off with Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnuba Wax.

It definatly looks much better, not 100% but maybe 90% there. Not bad for a 11 year old car.
100_3093.jpg

100_3095.jpg

100_3096.jpg

100_3092.jpg

My camera isn't the best in the world, but i did my best.

I posted so i can check i did it right, i followed the sticky for dark Metalics on the Detailing section.Many thanks for Polished Bliss for the "how To's" and for supplying me with the correct stuff over the past few years to ensure i didn't waste my money on things that wont work etc

Not bad at all mate, looks very good tbh, amazing what a bit of elbow grease will do huh, nice job & yeah you really cant beat PB, they're top of the Detail world huh

good work there mate. have seen your car a few times no in the last 2 editions of audi driver. very nice.

good work there mate. have seen your car a few times no in the last 2 editions of audi driver. very nice.

With the title of your thread I thought you were going to show us a disaster, burnt paintwork or hideous buffer marks. No such thing, looks good, how were the Menzerna and Blackfire to use, they are both on my shopping list?

Nice work mate, the final finish looks really nice in the images, and well done for wading in cautiously - far too many people get tempted to go for a very high level of correction first time out, and this is not wise given that rotary polishing isn't an easy skill to master. :icon_thumright:

Yeah Audi also took while to master the rotary polishing, this was there 1st attempt, polished the damn paint of

444548.jpg

Couldnt resist, it was just lined up perfectly, lol

You don't have to go that far to see chrome cars.
William Gallas (Arsenal) has a chrome McLaren Merc.

william-gallas-misses-match-drives-.jpg

That bonnet looks as long as a week!

Surely that's a hazard when the sun is shining?!

With the title of your thread I thought you were going to show us a disaster, burnt paintwork or hideous buffer marks.

Lol yeah thats what I thought too! Looks really good that, I bet it looks even better in the flesh than the photo's :salute: