My A5 Small improvements

If you get bored with the black you can always wrap it like I have with mine? Daytona Grey Satin edition for me, previously black.

Although, just as hard to keep clean, only upside is with a vinyl wrap it's more straight forward than detailing

That looks awesome, how much was it to wrap it?

Was around £1200 all in, I left the wing mirrors black and the roof as I thought it set it off.

Also got an OEM RS5 rear spoiler and a RS style front grille, also did the window trims and front bumper bits silver, dealership said they couldn't even tell it was an A5 when it came in recently, sadly it doesn't have the engine to go with it!

IMG 3920

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Audidave69, NevMan and 1 other person
Was around £1200 all in, I left the wing mirrors black and the roof as I thought it set it off.

Also got an OEM RS5 rear spoiler and a RS style front grille, also did the window trims and front bumper bits silver, dealership said they couldn't even tell it was an A5 when it came in recently, sadly it doesn't have the engine to go with it!

View attachment 179817
Where did you find a RS5/honeycomb grill to fit the S5 please? Really want to get this done and my chrome parts wrapped black but don't want to buy a dodgy grill that won't fit with the sensors etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I got it from freshmods (on Instagram)

It wasn't the easiest to do, had to order another foam pad and cut it with a dremel to fit but everything else fits after that was done, luckily my mates an Audi Master Tech so did it for me with a bit of modding.

Not as plug and play as I hoped but still an improvement :)

Reactions: Adam14
I got it from freshmods
Thanks for the reply, they the same people that do the black audi badges etc? If so have dealth with them before :) May enquire about sourcing one and get it done same time I wrap the chrome parts, the satin grey wrap looks mint on your car btw!

Unfortunately the car is delayed, still have paint corrections done. I should be able to view it again Wednesday at the latest, so hopefully I will have it by later next week or early in the week after if all goes well.

Decided today to try cover the metal dash trims with vinyl, mine have not stood the test of time :(
Every time I clean the inside I find another small mark.
I think they turned out ok.

Only problem I came across was the mileage reset button is plastic bonded to the aluminium part, so had to drill the plastic and rebond

9A1964D4 2E34 4311 AC73 E3DB902F9FBA

Reactions: V6 Quatt, NevMan, Adam14 and 1 other person
Looks very very nice indeed

I remember doing this to my e92 330d

Mrs ending up beating me to it with quality

Not too bad....
Door trims just pri off but start at the front, i used a plastic trim tool.
Same with centre console apart from you need to remove one small screw under the rubber mat in small pocket, then carefully pri off starting at rear.

Reactions: JM11EEE
Front two trims are a bit more challenging.
Pic curtesy of @DarkyUK
4BE048A8 BA4B 48F3 95B8 4FD11C9F0AC6

On mine I have the drivers side storage bin, you need to remove this if you don’t have this it’s held on in the same way 2 x 8mm bolts then should just unclip.
If you look at the pic above the light switch surround has 1 x screw marked as (1) you need to unplug light switch wiring.
Then open glove box look at pic marked (24) two in glovebox and one next to steering wheel, three in total, again there are three plugs that need removing.
Both should then just pry off.

I used vinyl that’s air release to make it easier, apply heat and plenty of patience :)

not an improvement but he likes to sit there when we park up :)

65D984D9 7826 4518 B96A 454CB3B0AE17

Reactions: Craig999 and NevMan
Just ordered some new alloy wheels but after looking at this pic I wonder if I’ve made the right decision :/

409D9967 E2F9 4667 9AFE 791BAAD6FDA7

Reactions: V6 Quatt and rasA4
Audidave - if mine goes in for trade in shortly for my S5 I'll be selling my S5 wheels, make such a big difference!

About to order these, 18x8 with ET34, looks like they should fit the S5 Looks ok on willtheyfit.com
f93d9897b272e9c9a499fb2f7c39627d.jpg

Reactions: Audidave69
Upgrade to 19's...

18's are way too small for the car IMO - so much so that the new ones actually come with 20's on the black edition

Upgrade to 19's...

18's are way too small for the car IMO - so much so that the new ones actually come with 20's on the black edition
They're for the winter wheels, 19s and tyres prices are a lot more on 19 wheels

Reactions: NevMan
Audidave - if mine goes in for trade in shortly for my S5 I'll be selling my S5 wheels, make such a big difference!

I order some s5 19” Type wheels last week, if I’d have known I’d have had em :(

New wheels fitted but I’m still not sure I’ve made the right choice :blush:
404AAF93 BE66 4B7E 9BF6 A77ADD02FA3C

Big thanks to @DJAlix! Been down to London and got front and rear dashcams fitted. A few extras unlocked as well!

Next up will be dechroming the car and fitting an RS Grill

Big thanks to @DJAlix! Been down to London and got front and rear dashcams fitted. A few extras unlocked as well!

What extras was he able to unlock mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you pick up your S5?

Not many unfortunately with it already being an S model and it not having ACC.

- Lock and unlock beeps
- Secondary Bluetooth connection
- Rear DRL
- Speed camera updates for the navigation

He tried to get reverse passenger dip but unfortunately the hardware isn't there in the mirrors.

He also tried adding some RS features like the power and torque display, but unfortunately these weren't working either due to ECU limitations

Did you pick up your S5?

Not many unfortunately with it already being an S model and it not having ACC.

- Lock and unlock beeps
- Secondary Bluetooth connection
- Rear DRL
- Speed camera updates for the navigation

He tried to get reverse passenger dip but unfortunately the hardware isn't there in the mirrors.

He also tried adding some RS features like the power and torque display, but unfortunately these weren't working either due to ECU limitations

Ahh fair enough. Speed camera updates sound like a good idea though.

Yeah picked it up a nearly 2 weeks ago, loving it!! Will upload some pics soon.

Ahh fair enough. Speed camera updates sound like a good idea though.

Yeah picked it up a nearly 2 weeks ago, loving it!! Will upload some pics soon.

Knew you would like it! Look forward to pics, although to be fair I have seen and sat in it already

Speed camera updates was great and very accurate :)

Reactions: NevMan and JM11EEE

-European Speed Camera Locations added to MMI with custom icons
-Support for 2nd Phone added to MMI
-Acoustic Alarm Beep on Lock
-Acoustic Alarm Beep on Unlock
-Acoustic Alarm MMI Toggle Menu
-Motorway Turning signals changed from 3 to 5
-Rear Daytime Running Lights activated
-Daytime Running Lights MMI Menu
-Seat Belt Warning Off

The above is classed as a “basic” coding session.

More than welcome. Was great to meet both you and your very very nice vehicle :)

Reactions: NevMan, Simonwhite2000 and Adam14
Better pic of the new wheels, and there growing on me :)
4C45312B 5A4D 4512 94DF 2289450F3508

319DAC3E F6A0 4CF6 8917 0B72E025F0B3

Reactions: V6 Quatt, rasA4, NevMan and 1 other person
Went to Sports Cars In The Park at Ripon today, fantastic cars and a great day out :)

Reactions: V6 Quatt