My A5 Small improvements

Audidave69

Reaction score
09535B7B B83E 4AEB B724 273D5C32C2A7
B3DAD767 FF25 4262 B2D7 E5F4936C211D
Just as post title, very small improvements.

Bumper trims, added some silver Matt vinyl

Last edited:
Reactions: HMG1K and Buck
Spiced up the front doors today adding Audi Rings and illuminating the red door open lights.
1CDB1D4C 745F 424E 9920 B90E6B50E78F
F8D7B84B 726F 4B1F BB12 81FBFAEB98EA
3B06A338 A441 473B A06A 4719FC0FF3B7

Reactions: Buck
You can just tap in to the original LED puddle light, but if you don`t want to cut wiring like me kit is plug & play, I didn't take door card off as I managed to thread some wire down red led hole and fish it out at the bottom then use it to pull the extra wire back up.

This is what I used you need one kit for each door
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A5-F5-B9-turwarnleuchte-Back-Lights-Red-Retrofit-Package/292277534739?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=49896&meid=0227ec36290c47ed92c4cf1573f0756d&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=302474012491&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Last edited:
Reactions: SimonAshley
Unfortunately they came with normal W5 bulbs but I had the spare LED`s from my puddle light, so i took them apart and fitted the white Audi LED modules into the red door lights, you can just replace with LED bulb i suppose but think they would need to be good old canbus compatible.

Button disables the interior roof sensors so that may be missing on convertible as they are in overhead console but it also does tilt sensor so that should be fitted on yours i would have though.

Reactions: orcomma
8D16DA2E 842B 4D8A 8853 D5DAAB81B918
E76527D7 AB7F 42DC BDD3 E5F0D9BC74A1
9F47F32D 117E 4136 B50A 59DE6181D71E
Just fitted door pocket LED’S today, again don’t understand why Audi skimp on this

Reactions: rasA4
No I had to make it for my car as it depends if you have multicoloured LED`s or standard white only, also it has to dim with the MMI controller.
Two wires standard four wires multicoloured to connect, both in different locations within the door electrics.
If anyone wants to do this and needs any help just ask.

I have door pocket LEDs in mine, did yours not? Is that because of the extended ambient lighting?

Mine only has standard white LED’s and no pocket light, so you could be on the money.

D5877ADD 8DB9 4F74 8B9D D6773D4FB737
Postman brought more goodies today, just hope I can code them

Managed to get them fitted and coded, also coded the mirror tilt in reverse, but not auto fold with key, need to do some more digging.

Do you have the side assist fitted as standard as well? Not got that on mine and would be interested in adding it if possible

Do you have the side assist fitted as standard as well? Not got that on mine and would be interested in adding it if possible

My car has side assist as standard, made it hard to find mirrors with LED wiring fitted, loads online without.
You can retro fit this but both door ECU`s have to support this, you also need to add two radar sensors behind rear bumper, but it is possible to retro fit https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/audi/a5/a5-f5/lane-change-assistant-audi-side-assist-audi-a5-f5

How much were the mirrors AudiDave? I'd love it if mine folded when I was parking, massively bugs me! Does anyone know if you can get that coded for the non folding ones?

349484BB E582 4B36 8DAF 1645951F4E41
How much were the mirrors AudiDave? I'd love it if mine folded when I was parking, massively bugs me! Does anyone know if you can get that coded for the non folding ones?

My car had none folding mirrors but i managed to buy some folding ones off e-bay, I paid £250 for both mirrors, already had switch, again from e-bay £25
this is a good guide to removing door panel https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4...arning-light-remove-door-panel-b9-a4-2915685/
The door mirrors are held on 3 X 30 torx hidden behind 3 rubber bungs
one of them is fouled by the window glass that lowers as you open the door so you have to shut the door without door card then form inside car unplug window motor connector so it can`t lower when opened.
Then remove old mirror and replace with new folding mirror plugging into door control unit.
To replace switch in door card you have to remove interior handle and replace mounting panel, I didn't have this so i drilled my original.

I used OBDeleven to code them, you need to code both drivers and passenger side modules
Door electrics drivers side
Coding
mirror folding tick installed
mirror comfort folding tick active
This has to be done on passenger side too
I also coded mirror tilt in reverse gear while i was in passenger module.

You need to make sure you have the correct door modules, luckily mine were high line they are high medium and low feature door modules
The one top of post will work 4M0 959 792E
If anyone needs any help with this just ask
Dave

Last edited:
My next challenge is Auto Hold Kit.............
E8C45EB9 DEB9 4F85 8386 CB8D5F904D2D

This has been a tough one, but all fitted and working as if it’s factory fitted.
Had to buy RHD switch as kit only comes with LHD at the moment, oh and no instructions.

4E9D18B8 9252 4888 914F 26D5C21A386E
C06E52C0 A47A 48C4 BD7F 3A8AB29F7698
EB6CC6D4 5B4E 40D9 8997 D123E3358685
6E836809 7EE0 4129 8771 A7E4BA4A3E2F

I wish i opted for autohold

How much all in if you dont mind me asking

Depends if you have manual or auto, mine is auto so kit is about £165 but its not easy to fit, I spent hours working out wiring as it has no instructions.
fitting is no so bad once you know where all the wiring connects.

Managed to code retro fitted mirrors to fold with remote key.

F142B54B 0264 4EF0 A074 3374E9CD7E1F

Reactions: SimonAshley
Dave, which device did you use exactly for the coding, I only want to do the reverse mirror dip for now, just want to know what to buy :) thanks!

I mainly use OBDeleven pro, I struggled programming mirror dip, each door has a control unit low, med, High functioning you just need to alter 2 settings each door but mine would not work.
Then I fitted folding mirrors and they started working, so it looks like they have put the dip bit into the folding mirrors on the B9 my son has B8 without folding mirrors and we coded his to dip.
If your car has folding mirrors it should already be active.
Move mirror switch to passenger.
Put car in reverse.
Move mirror to lover position.
As you drive off it should return to normal.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: RichardMMM and SimonAshley
Thanks Dave, mine doesn't have the folding mirrors as standard. Just wondered what I needed to code it :)

Tried that method and sadly it doesn't work, so defo needs coding!

I'd really like to put the reversing camera in mine, my main gripe with Audi is just how even on an S Line the most basic things from other modern cars are not included, Folding mirrors and cameras should be included, even cheaper OEM's have that.

Would it be fairly simple to do? I think somebody quoted me £1000 or something silly

Do you have the part numbers for mirrors / switch?
Cheers
I bought switch and mirrors from eBay so didn’t keep a record.
There’s quite a few different mirrors
A5 coup is different from A5 sportback as the looms differ in length and A4 mounts are different from A5 even though they look the same.
Switch is the same on all models.
What model do you have?

Love it! Looking like the perfect S5! Where did you get the correct colour vinyl from? Cost? How did you do it all so perfectly?!
I just bought silver vinyl the air release type, it’s not that good a match but near enough for now, cut to a rough size, applied it with heat gun, I cut round the edge with craft knife.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/322053360233

Last edited:
I bought switch and mirrors from eBay so didn’t keep a record.
There’s quite a few different mirrors
A5 coup is different from A5 sportback as the looms differ in length and A4 mounts are different from A5 even though they look the same.
Switch is the same on all models.
What model do you have?

I just bought silver vinyl the air release type, it’s not that good a match but near enough for now, cut to a rough size, applied it with heat gun, I cut round the edge with craft knife.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/322053360233
A5 sportback mate, thought they would be the same as yours...

The sport back has shorter doors and the control modules are mounted in the bottom outer corners of each door, looms are made to measure so mine needs the longer looms longer doors, but on yours you could probably get away with the longer ones.
Hope that makes sense

The sport back has shorter doors and the control modules are mounted in the bottom outer corners of each door, looms are made to measure so mine needs the longer looms longer doors, but on yours you could probably get away with the longer ones.
Hope that makes sense
Yeah cheers!

I’m away in London today when I get home I’ll post some links to company’s that do full kit for around £500