My A5 Small improvements

I’m probably inpatient and can’t wait for another hour till sunset haha but does the inside background lighting as Audi refers to only come on at night (as is expected) and all S Line trims have st minimum the white LED colours - I see them on in the drinks holders just not everywhere else

Btw - car is incredible! A5 Black, 190 2.0 TFSI (double separate exhausts at rear) S Line pack

As already mentioned go in the mmi and have a play, mine has the extended lighting so you can change the colours and I think it has more lights in the doors, when yo change it in the mmi it lights up even when light so you can see.

Tried to get this working since I got the car with no luck, but finally sorted it.
Easy Entry Drivers Seat
3C7E66A1 E257 4566 8C15 0C8F96B60115

Reactions: DarkyUK and RJ-8V
Nice job. It's a small mod but very handy!

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Tried to get this working since I got the car with no luck, but finally sorted it.
Easy Entry Drivers Seat

Great, what's the coding Dave, I have that option in the min but it does nothing on mine

Great, what's the coding Dave, I have that option in the min but it does nothing on mine
Module 36 byte 3 bit 1 out of my head. But it could also be the coding for the Passat/Octavia/Superb haha. Check it with your vcds.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Module 36 byte 3 bit 1 out of my head. But it could also be the coding for the Passat/Octavia/Superb haha. Check it with your vcds.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Awesome - thanks :)

Awesome - thanks :)
I checked it with my files. As i thought coding what i gave was for MQB. For the B9/F5 is

Module 09
Byte 14
Bit 2

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Hi guys, car has been brill....

just one thing sister scraped the S Line plastic side skirts.... I guess I need a replacement, just wondered how much I can expect to pay for a left plastic side skirt from Audi? Assuming these require minimum labour I.e. just screwed on and off being plastic and thank god she didn’t get the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh ******
I’m not sure how it’s fassend, wonder if it’s on poppers.
Will have a look at mine tomorrow.
Glad your enjoying your new toy.

if you are referring to the plastic blade it is double sided stick stick with metal prongs so far along that I pops onto, I removed mine with a trim tool and a heat gun on a very low heat.

Excellent, so no biggie at all and should be dead easy to replace can’t cost much in grand scheme of things either I assume

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would you mind sharing? I would love this on my s5. Do you have the wiring information too?

Hi,

I think Dave already put the wiring diagram on here, if not let me know and i'll post it.

The parts for me where:

1 x 8W2 959 518 D 6PS Trim for switch – soul (black)
1 x 8W0 959 770 5PR Memory switch for seat adjustment – soul (black)
1 x 8R0 973 605 Flat contact housing

That trim is for an S5 Sportback with extended lighting or exit assist. As we saw when we looked in ETKA for Dave's its different for Coupe.

Cheers, Andy

Just need to test it today and I’ll post the coding and guide tonight

Ok so Just to bring all the memory seat stuff together, as some of you know i`ve been trying to get easy entry seat working for a long time, I did the coding and yes it brings the option up in MMI but as most of you know it doesn`t work on most of our cars!

So after a lot of code surfing i found the part that make`s this work, but then thought why not add the button for full memory seats.

This was done using OBDeleven and my car is Audi A5 coupe, so there may be difference on sportback/A4

First I ordered 1 X Switch
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...711.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.21ba2e0e6kd7qP
(please note there is a mistake in this listing Left fits Audi A4 and A5 B9 Right hand side)

1 X Connector plug
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10P...5598.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.21ba2e0e6kd7q

Then you need the switch trim cover this depends on model trim and options ie side assist and so on

This is a good guide to removing door panel https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4...arning-light-remove-door-panel-b9-a4-2915685/

Wiring
pin 1 of connection plug to memory seat switch goes to pin 17 on control unit J386 mounted in drivers door
pin 2 of connection plug to memory seat switch goes to pin 15 on control unit J386
pin 3 of connection plug to memory seat switch goes to pin 19 on control unit J386
pin 4 ground, I used pin 1 of Drivers lock button brown wire This need`s to be spliced and soldered.
pin 5 depends on year of car, so it could be pin 1 or pin 4 on control unit J386 it will already have Blue/Brown wire, so again it needs splicing and soldering.

Coding
Seat control unit drivers side 36
Byte 2 bit 0-1 This is MMI part (This should now make easy entry work)
Long coding p_button_memory This is to turn on switch.
Long coding p_button_location change to internal This activates memory part of switch.
Long coding acoustic_feedback_if_stored This makes it Beep when you store each position.

Reactions: rasA4 and RJ-8V
Ok so Just to bring all the memory seat stuff together, as some of you know i`ve been trying to get easy entry seat working for a long time, I did the coding and yes it brings the option up in MMI but as most of you know it doesn`t work on most of our cars!

So after a lot of code surfing i found the part that make`s this work, but then thought why not add the button for full memory seats.

This was done using OBDeleven and my car is Audi A5 coupe, so there may be difference on sportback/A4

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...711.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.21ba2e0e6kd7qP
(please note there is a mistake in this listing Left fits Audi A4 and A5 B9 Right hand side)

1 X Connector plug
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10P...5598.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.21ba2e0e6kd7q

Then you need the switch trim cover this depends on model trim and options ie side assist and so on

This is a good guide to removing door panel https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4...arning-light-remove-door-panel-b9-a4-2915685/

Wiring
pin 1 of connection plug to memory seat switch goes to pin 17 on control unit J386 mounted in drivers door
pin 2 of connection plug to memory seat switch goes to pin 15 on control unit J386
pin 3 of connection plug to memory seat switch goes to pin 19 on control unit J386
pin 4 ground, I used pin 1 of Drivers lock button brown wire This need`s to be spliced and soldered.
pin 5 depends on year of car, so it could be pin 1 or pin 4 on control unit J386 it will already have Blue/Brown wire, so again it needs splicing and soldering.

Coding
Long coding p_button_location change to internal This activates memory part of switch.
Long coding acoustic_feedback_if_stored This makes it Beep when you store each position.

Great job!

Was the coding that i gave already active in your car?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

No it wasn’t active, but I found if I added Byte 2 bit 0-1 this made easy entry work and I wondered if it was the missing link, then I tried programming each of my two keys to different seat positions and hey presto it worked, as in each key stored its own seat position.
So I thought I may as well add the memory button.

No it wasn’t active, but I found if I added Byte 2 bit 0-1 this made easy entry work and I wondered if it was the missing link, then I tried programming each of my two keys to different seat positions and hey presto it worked, as in each key stored its own seat position.
So I thought I may as well add the memory button.
Hmm

Nice done mate thnx. I will check this out and discuss it with collegues.

Do you have the easy entry option in the mmi?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

All I had in drivers seat setting was automatic belt tensioner
Then I added coding for easy entry, this added option in MMI but it would not work.
Then added Byte 2 bit 0-1 this added store settings on remote controls key
This then made easy entry work.
But when I added memory seat switch, it needed the extra coding to work.
I now have extra options
B615BA57 810A 4A61 A0E3 ADE39BEC166E

And when I press set on memory button I get red led then press 1 or 2 it confirms with beep and I also get info on MMI

Reactions: RJ-8V
All I had in drivers seat setting was automatic belt tensioner
Then I added coding for easy entry, this added option in MMI but it would not work.
Then added Byte 2 bit 0-1 this added store settings on remote controls key
This then made easy entry work.
But when I added memory seat switch, it needed the extra coding to work.
I now have extra options
View attachment 163197
And when I press set on memory button I get red led then press 1 or 2 it confirms with beep and I also get info on MMI
Ah of course. You coded the whole memory seats. When a car already has memory seat you only have to add the coding in 09. My mistake.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

just wonder if its the same with the sports computer control unit 17 via the long coding byte 10> bit 2 to 1
gives you the G Meter but again it doesn`t work, maybe some coding missing :)

just wonder if its the same with the sports computer control unit 17 via the long coding byte 10> bit 2 to 1
gives you the G Meter but again it doesn`t work, maybe some coding missing :)
No not missing coding but missing sensor :)

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

To be honest I probably wouldn’t use it if it did work :)
Do you know if it’s posible to get the boost gauge over the oil temp in the virtual cockpit
B0A393E3 9DF7 41B1 95C6 95F2EFCD7C08

Last edited:
What pins are you using for connecting into the door module? The same that comes with the flat connector housing on AliExpress?

1 X Connector plug

Wiring

Coding

To be honest I probably wouldn’t use it if it did work :)
Do you know if it’s posible to get the boost gauge over the oil temp in the virtual cockpit
View attachment 163210
As far as i know its only possible with some engines like in the S/RS series.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

how do you find the quality of the parts from aliexpress?

Most of them are OEM. China is one of the biggest markets for Audi.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Reactions: rasA4
Most of them are OEM. China is one of the biggest markets for Audi.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine
oh o thats interesting, wish you hadn't told me that :rock: will have to start looking, maybe even start a thread of accessories if there are that many?

What pins are you using for connecting into the door module? The same that comes with the flat connector housing on AliExpress?

You get enough pins to connect to memory switch and door control unit, they are the same size pins.

As far as i know its only possible with some engines like in the S/RS series.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

I did see pic with Audi Q5 diesel but can’t find it.

It looks identical to the rest of the switches, plastic colour is identical, the connector has Audi VW logo’s and part number stamped on it.
Would be interesting to compare OEM and aliexpress side by side.

Reactions: rasA4
Thats possible. Om some A6 you also get the boost (although some not functioning)

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

I thought that would be the case.

Thanks Dave. Just have to patiently wait for he Chinese post haha.

You get enough pins to connect to memory switch and door control unit, they are the same size pins.

I did see pic with Audi Q5 diesel but can’t find it.

It looks identical to the rest of the switches, plastic colour is identical, the connector has Audi VW logo’s and part number stamped on it.
Would be interesting to compare OEM and aliexpress side by side.

Thats possible. Om some A6 you also get the boost (although some not functioning)

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

I know it’s probably a petrol thing not meant for us oil burners:)

I thought that would be the case.

Thanks Dave. Just have to patiently wait for he Chinese post haha.

I ordered switch it was here in six days so not too bad.

I know it’s probably a petrol thing not meant for us oil burners:)

I ordered switch it was here in six days so not too bad.
No not really, it was on some TDI's :) thought the 2.0 tdi and 3.0tdi. Have only seen it on the A6 but those were the C6 FL and C7. But never tested it if it was really working.

For the newer/current models it is only for the S/RS.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Last edited:
So for the a5 coupe we need the switch described as left?

I ordered right switch as it says q5 A4 A5 B9 but when it arrived it was switch for left, I contacted seller who said it was my mistake for ordering wrong side.
But after I looked into it the q5 has same switch but on A4/5 B9 same switch is fitted on opposite side, so we need left switch.
So had to reorder left switch.
Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Rizo
I ordered right switch as it says q5 A4 A5 B9 but when it arrived it was switch for left, I contacted seller who said it was my mistake for ordering wrong side.
But after I looked into it the q5 has same switch but on A4/5 B9 same switch is fitted on opposite side, so we need left switch.
So had to reorder left switch.
Hope that makes sense.

Yeah. The left switch you linked is showing a crazy cost for postage I’ve messaged them to see what’s going on.

Yes I had to re order right but put note on to say send me left, he said it’s a mistake he can’t rectify something to do with postage weight.
He was very unhelpful and says it’s my fault but the switch he has is very cheap.
Found this pic Audi Q7 passenger door memory switch, this is drivers side on A5
F25D8A3F EF14 476F 8AF9 1B2CA6480E11

Last edited: