My A5 Small improvements

Just wasn't interested in speaking to me - was exactly the same as when I went to buy an A3
It's not what you want is it, shame that the standards vary so much from dealer to dealer. Well if for some reason come July you're still unsure, I'm over Norwich way (Diss) with work, so I'd be happy to swing by and let you take a look and can go for a drive or something :)

It's not what you want is it, shame that the standards vary so much from dealer to dealer. Well if for some reason come July you're still unsure, I'm over Norwich way (Diss) with work, so I'd be happy to swing by and let you take a look and can go for a drive or something :)

Not at all unfortunately. Hoping to get one next week (or a Q7, didn't realise how cheap they were!) but thanks a ton anyway, appreciate it mate

Reactions: Adam14
Just wasn't interested in speaking to me - was exactly the same as when I went to buy an A3. I'm down near Norwich and they're pretty notoriously ****. I'm going to go in at the weekend with my dad to see if they'll let him test-drive one for the day
Phone Audi UK up and complain to them. I did when I was ignored in my local dealership, ever since then they go out of their way to ask anyone that comes through the door if they need any help.

I also made a complaint before I collected my current A5 coupe, when I signed for it the big boss man gave me his personal number and asked me to call him directly if I ever have any complaints, he said complaints made to Audi UK go against them and if they get a certain amount they get a visit to see what's going on!

Oh and when I bought the S3 I complained that it had a damaged alloy and they tried to fob me off with it, I then got a brand new R8 for the day whilst they put a new alloy on :)

You're paying out a lot of money, it doesn't matter if you're 19 or 90, you should be treated the same.

Phone Audi UK up and complain to them. I did when I was ignored in my local dealership, ever since then they go out of their way to ask anyone that comes through the door if they need any help.

I also made a complaint before I collected my current A5 coupe, when I signed for it the big boss man gave me his personal number and asked me to call him directly if I ever have any complaints, he said complaints made to Audi UK go against them and if they get a certain amount they get a visit to see what's going on!

Oh and when I bought the S3 I complained that it had a damaged alloy and they tried to fob me off with it, I then got a brand new R8 for the day whilst they put a new alloy on :)

You're paying out a lot of money, it doesn't matter if you're 19 or 90, you should be treated the same.

Not a bad idea to be honest! My dad got his A5 from there 10 months ago and the alloy needed repairing but they forgot. Unfortunately he didn't get a temp R8 though haha. They did tell him they'd put an MOT on for a year and never do it though, we only found out last week that we'd all been driving it with no MOT.. He got an A3 courtesy car though.

To be honest I don't plan on purchasing from them due to the history me and my dad have had from them - I'd much rather go to a different location or buy through a private seller. I'm also looking at some Q7s at the moment and they're down near London, but it wouldn't hurt for me to complain to Audi UK about them anyway. Wouldn't hurt for them to get a visit.

Not a bad idea to be honest! My dad got his A5 from there 10 months ago and the alloy needed repairing but they forgot. Unfortunately he didn't get a temp R8 though haha. They did tell him they'd put an MOT on for a year and never do it though, we only found out last week that we'd all been driving it with no MOT.. He got an A3 courtesy car though.

To be honest I don't plan on purchasing from them due to the history me and my dad have had from them - I'd much rather go to a different location or buy through a private seller. I'm also looking at some Q7s at the moment and they're down near London, but it wouldn't hurt for me to complain to Audi UK about them anyway. Wouldn't hurt for them to get a visit.
Well if you and your dad want to make a complaint listing both your experiences and problems then go to the top:

Managing Director of Audi UK is Andrew Doyle and his email is andrew.doyle@audi.co.uk also copy your email to executive.office@audi.co.uk

That will get a response ;)

Reactions: Kondax
I'd much rather go to a different location
If you're thinking of travelling, have to say my local dealer have been excellent when it comes to test drives, answering questions etc. Based in Huntingdon.

Well if you and your dad want to make a complaint listing both your experiences and problems then go to the top:

Managing Director of Audi UK is Andrew Doyle and his email is andrew.doyle@audi.co.uk also copy your email to executive.office@audi.co.uk

That will get a response ;)
Thanks a ton! I'll let him know.

If you're thinking of travelling, have to say my local dealer have been excellent when it comes to test drives, answering questions etc. Based in Huntingdon.
I think I might have actually seen an A5/S5 down there that I liked on Autotrader. I'll have to check again, thanks for letting me know

I've decided I won't get an S5 unfortunately. The main issue is that there aren't any decently specced ones - I'd be paying about £15-20k extra if I wanted one with options. Lukcily I have found a great A5 in King's Lynn - 248bhp too! I'll be taking a look at that soon hopefully.

Only downside is the car is Mythos Black, but I'm hoping it will grow on me. It is a sportback which is what I prefer, so that's even better.

I haven't seen what alloys it has as they haven't taken photos yet. Hoping they're the ones I like, otherwise I might have to sell / trade them on here.

Insurance is going to be expensive..

Edit: nevermind, found photos! https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...p-all-wheel-drive-black-1_GBR00236751339.htm#

Anybody know if Audi will do the rear window tints or am I better to find a local shop to do that?

Last edited:
Only downside is the car is Mythos Black, but I'm hoping it will grow on me.
Noooo if you're not 100% sure you want black don't get it!!!

I loved my black S3, but it drove me mad keeping it clean! It's a fulltime job, chances are if it had been another color I'd have kept it for longer. You get it looking mint and then come out a few hours later and you can see dust all over it, every single stone chip, scratch, slightest swirl, etc can be seen.

It's not just me:
Black

Noooo if you're not 100% sure you want black don't get it!!!

I loved my black S3, but it drove me mad keeping it clean! It's a fulltime job, chances are if it had been another color I'd have kept it for longer. You get it looking mint and then come out a few hours later and you can see dust all over it, every single stone chip, scratch, slightest swirl, etc can be seen.

It's not just me:
View attachment 179437
Haha don't worry, I do like the black it just wasn't a first preference. Our family cars have been black and I'm happy to have it.. I know how dirty they get, mine gets disgusting dirty every day just from gravel car park

(Mine is daytona, so not far off anyway)

Reactions: NevMan
I thought Daytona was OK?!?! Does that show as much as the black then?
It's not as bad, but I do a lot of country road driving and I have to drive through a gravel carpark every day, so it gets pretty bad haha

I've decided I won't get an S5 unfortunately. The main issue is that there aren't any decently specced ones - I'd be paying about £15-20k extra if I wanted one with options. Lukcily I have found a great A5 in King's Lynn - 248bhp too! I'll be taking a look at that soon hopefully.

Only downside is the car is Mythos Black, but I'm hoping it will grow on me. It is a sportback which is what I prefer, so that's even better.

I haven't seen what alloys it has as they haven't taken photos yet. Hoping they're the ones I like, otherwise I might have to sell / trade them on here.

Insurance is going to be expensive..

Edit: nevermind, found photos! https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...p-all-wheel-drive-black-1_GBR00236751339.htm#

Anybody know if Audi will do the rear window tints or am I better to find a local shop to do that?
Good looking motor that mate

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Daytona resists dirt reasonably well I find far better than black
That's good to know :) My next car is either going to be another white one, silver or Daytona....depending what I go for.

I do like both colours on this:

No silver in the BE though!!!

Seen the car, absolutely love it and I do really like the black. Some scratches from previous owners so they'll sort it out and I'll be back next weekend hopefully

Reactions: S32B and Simonwhite2000
Seen the car, absolutely love it and I do really like the black. Some scratches from previous owners so they'll sort it out and I'll be back next weekend hopefully
Great news and good they're sorting the scratches too! You placed a deposit on it?

Some scratches from previous owners so they'll sort it out and I'll be back next weekend hopefully
Or they will put more on for you lol :p :D

Sorry but I've seen Audi and their way of doing things :)

Reactions: Adam14 and Kondax
Great news and good they're sorting the scratches too! You placed a deposit on it?

Negotiations at the moment! Will be placing a deposit though

Reactions: Adam14
Deposit is down, got Autogylm Lifeshine built into the price.
Congratulations on the new motor mate :)

As for the Autogylm Lifeshine, as the deal is done, ask them if they can just give you the pack and then do it yourself! 1) You will do a better job and 2) You will have some spare to use at a later date :)

Remember they will try to sting you with GAP, much cheaper to buy it direct yourself....same with alloy cover etc.

To be fair they chucked in alloy/tyre cover on my past two cars for £200, and the S3 alone it paid for itself 3 times over (2 new tyres at £350 and two alloy refurbs at £240). It's the only thing I take out with Audi.

Congratulations on the new motor mate :)

As for the Autogylm Lifeshine, as the deal is done, ask them if they can just give you the pack and then do it yourself! 1) You will do a better job and 2) You will have some spare to use at a later date :)

Remember they will try to sting you with GAP, much cheaper to buy it direct yourself....same with alloy cover etc.
Thanks mate!

Not a bad idea, hadn't considered that. I'll have to ask them next week.

The woman I was dealing with was new and didn't really try to upsell me anything. I told her I wasn't interested in GAP insurance from them. She mentioned financing the car a few times (I'm sure they press hard to get you to finance), but I had to explain to her that even if I wanted financing I'm under 18 so it legally wasn't an option.. She was lovely to deal with though.

To be fair they chucked in alloy/tyre cover on my past two cars for £200, and the S3 alone it paid for itself 3 times over (2 new tyres at £350 and two alloy refurbs at £240). It's the only thing I take out with Audi.

I wasn't too bothered about tyre cover. £500 to cover 5 tyres and she said they were only for punctures / completely blow outs. I'll probably get alloy cover seperately.

I'm hoping they'll deliver the car. It's about a 1hr 40min drive, so I don't fancy driving there 3 times. They said it won't be available to drive home the same day next week, but said delivery might be a possibility. Refundable deposit of £500 on it though, so if I don't like it or even just change my mind they'll fully refund it. She did say "I swear down it's refundable", thought that was quite funny haha.

Absolutely love the spec of the car and it has perfect alloys on it. Glad I found it.

Also, suppose it's worth asking - anybody know of anyone around Norfolk / Suffolk that do window tinting? I'd like the rear windows done. I'd ideally like to wrap / paint the chrome lines around the windows black too.

Thanks mate!

Not a bad idea, hadn't considered that. I'll have to ask them next week.

The woman I was dealing with was new and didn't really try to upsell me anything. I told her I wasn't interested in GAP insurance from them. She mentioned financing the car a few times (I'm sure they press hard to get you to finance), but I had to explain to her that even if I wanted financing I'm under 18 so it legally wasn't an option.. She was lovely to deal with though.

I wasn't too bothered about tyre cover. £500 to cover 5 tyres and she said they were only for punctures / completely blow outs. I'll probably get alloy cover seperately.

I'm hoping they'll deliver the car. It's about a 1hr 40min drive, so I don't fancy driving there 3 times. They said it won't be available to drive home the same day next week, but said delivery might be a possibility. Refundable deposit of £500 on it though, so if I don't like it or even just change my mind they'll fully refund it. She did say "I swear down it's refundable", thought that was quite funny haha.

Absolutely love the spec of the car and it has perfect alloys on it. Glad I found it.
There's two different types of cover, one which is just punctures and the one I have. Covers accidental damage, punctures etc. Covers both tyres on the same axle, in case one is replaced and tread difference is too much for the quattro.

Even just for the alloy cover it makes it worth it in my opinion if you can get a good price.

Been hunting some bang & olufsen speaker grills since I got the car, some door cards turned up on eBay with the speakers in too, had to wire the speakers up and also the speaker leds, code them to light up, can’t believe how much better sound from two extra speakers.
ED8215F4 56D9 4713 80D0 DAE704C6B5E9

847F8853 1697 4BCE AF11 1037560E3DDC

Reactions: rasA4 and Kondax
Which were the extra speakers? The ones behind the grab handles. Did you just wire the speakers up in parallel?

Been hunting some bang & olufsen speaker grills since I got the car, some door cards turned up on eBay with the speakers in too, had to wire the speakers up and also the speaker leds, code them to light up, can’t believe how much better sound from two extra speakers.
View attachment 179543

View attachment 179544
Was only able to find a couple cars with B&O. Coming from an A3 with B&O I knew it would be an option I couldn't live without in the A5. Tremendous difference

Which were the extra speakers? The ones behind the grab handles. Did you just wire the speakers up in parallel?
Yes just in parallel, wasn’t expecting to notice any difference but it’s totaly changed the sound in the front, crisper sound if that makes sense

I get why they sound better. In the cars with the ***, you have a tweeter on the dash aimed towards you and then the tweeters from the rear, just behind your ears. So the highs are too bright. The woofers are low down in the doors, so the addition of the full ranges in the middle are probably giving you the mids the *** lacks. Well done.

You never stop do you!!!! Mats in the post to you today mate so hopefully while i'm chilling in Florida you will get the overview cam working :)

Reactions: rasA4 and Audidave69
Yes just in parallel, wasn’t expecting to notice any difference but it’s totaly changed the sound in the front, crisper sound if that makes sense
May have to look into this, S5 just has *** and I listen to a lot of music....the list grows for options

Reactions: Audidave69
You never stop do you!!!! Mats in the post to you today mate so hopefully while i'm chilling in Florida you will get the overview cam working :)

:):):) have a grate time, and while you have a well earned holiday I’ll drive my next door neighbour mad wondering why my car is parked in the middle of my drive surrounded by calibration mats and me sat in the car looking more confused than normal:readit:

Reactions: rasA4 and Kondax
If you get bored with the black you can always wrap it like I have with mine? Daytona Grey Satin edition for me, previously black.

Although, just as hard to keep clean, only upside is with a vinyl wrap it's more straight forward than detailing
IMG 3933

Reactions: Audidave69, Adam14 and Kondax
If you get bored with the black you can always wrap it like I have with mine? Daytona Grey Satin edition for me, previously black.

Although, just as hard to keep clean, only upside is with a vinyl wrap it's more straight forward than detailing View attachment 179816
That does actually look really nice.. How much did that cost? I doubt I'd wrap it as I quite like the black - but that's always an option in the future I suppose