My a4 tdi 170

:: blade ::

Reaction score
Had this just over a month. Loads better on fuel than my s3 8l but it does have a little issue. I have permanent code p3102 show up and it goes into limp mode with glowplug light flashing when on motorway. Took it to a garage to get diagnosed and they have said i need a new manifold but after searching on here is pointing to either a fuse or the intake flap. Not the ones in the manifold. I will be looking at getting a new inlet manifold without flaps, dpf and egr delete with a map in the future. But would like to try and get it running right 1st. Hopefully it doesnt turn into a ko ey put like my s3

Attachments

• 20220109_140938.jpg
    20220109_140938.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 108

Worth a check, could be manifold, this is all subject to checking car spec, setup of course.

Intake manifold flap is your ASV (anti shudder valve) not the actual manifold.
The motor than controls it has a rubber gasket around it and this fills with oil (no idea where from). The teeth in the gears break off and it no longer works properly, giving the fault code P3102.

I've had to change mine a few months ago, £50 for a genuine used one on eBay.
It can be removed completely without too much effect apparently. But it needs to be mapped out after removal.

Reactions: tr7 and :: blade ::
Well been having a few issues with this. The ASV is dead. Found it was shut when tried to start the car the car the other day. Unplugged it and manually opened it to get the car home. I have swapped the manifold too, to the one without the flaps. Just after an asv now. You recon a new cheap one off ebay will do? As i cant afford the £240 for one off ecp.

Reactions: tr7
So. Few things done with the car. I bought a cheap £50 ASV off ebay and its been working spot on since fitting it. Also found the other reason for it being slugging was that the turbo actuator was unplugged. So the car is like a different car now. Just beed to figure out why it was unplugged before i bought the car

Now have a few parts to fit. So got a cruise control stalk with a dis stalk and LHD cup holder so need to figure out what to do with the traction control button and the parking sensor button and where to put them that is not just thrown behind the stereo. Will be looking at getting a auto dim rear view mirrow too with a kufatec loom. Is it the b6 mirror that i will need or can i use a b7?

Nice. Sounds familiar, those are all parts I've had to buy previously! ha

I should have a B7 Autodimming mirror if you're interested

Re: I just put my Airbag 'Button' wrapped in a microfibre (to prevent scratching the button) and tucked it behind the headunit.

I replaced them with the Card/Coin Tray though :icon thumright:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Yea the airbag one will stay behind the dash but the other half likes to turn the parking sensors off and i like turning the traction control off where abouts are you for the mirror and how much?

Will be looking for a new headunit too looking at one of the xtron ones even tho i know they can be hit or miss. But they look oem. Sl will give it a whirl :)

Invest in the best HU you can afford , that way you get a decent setup first time around rather than going cheap and having issues, and issues with low end units are very common with B7retro fits.

Reactions: Rob Avant
Ive been reading up on that with the sound and the new xtron units come with an adaptor to stop the interferance. But will keep looking. Its not something that will be happening soon anyway. Not a fan of the ones that need a faceplate for them to fit. Thats the only issue.

Photo 2023 01 26 185758

My with the card/coin tray retains the ESP button

The others I just wrapped in soft mf cloth and zip tied out of the way

Are you intending to have two cup holders?

Yea the airbag one will stay behind the dash but the other half likes to turn the parking sensors off and i like turning the traction control off where abouts are you for the mirror and how much?

Will be looking for a new headunit too looking at one of the xtron ones even tho i know they can be hit or miss. But they look oem. Sl will give it a whirl :)

Is your headliner grey?

Yea 2 cup holders and grey headliner. Got the LHD cup holder off aliexpress. Came in a couple of weeks :)

Attachments

• received_1364677707636799.jpeg
    received_1364677707636799.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 41
Yea 2 cup holders and grey headliner. Got the LHD cup holder off aliexpress. Came in a couple of weeks :)
Nice. I'll get a photo of the Mirror for you

Can you send me a link of the exact seller/item you used?

I'd like to see if there are RHD ones

Car Accessory Online Store

Thats who i got it off. There are LHD ones on aliexpress but not sure with the seller i got it off
Thanks!

Only LHD it seems. I like my beverages but two cup holders totally unnecessary for me ha

I love my card tray to be honest. I kept it from my very first B7 and took it with me

Reactions: :: blade ::
Photo 2023 01 26 203621

Photo 2023 01 26 203625

£30 and £5 postage?

B7 Auto Dimming Mirror + Cover Piece (Hides Loom)

And I'll include this too, this is hard enough part and apart of the Comfort/Extended Lighting package I believe

Rare Interior Light with Optional Ambient Lighting (Additional Two Holes at bottom)

Reactions: :: blade ::
Got a cheap one off ebay that clips to the airvent but its.not that good and need to wedge it up ortherwise it'll spill your drink need to find the rear armrest too with the cup holders for the kids