My A4 B6 Sport Avant

Ste_Unphased

Reaction score
Hi guys so ive had this Avant for a good 6 months now, i bought it thinking it was a great car and with only 83k on the clock it was low for a 2004! Anyway me being an idiot i viewed it in the rain, i did notice the flaky paint but i thought it was just laquar. It turns out its had a few pretty bad touch up jobs so it was either sell on cheap or bite the bullet and save for a respray.

IMG_20151219_144617.jpg

The day i brought the car home.

IMG_20160307_101626.jpg

IMG_20151219_104605.jpg

Pictures showing the bad paint.

IMG_20160325_153721.jpg

Aset of Avus S4 18's sorced for a bargain £250! refurb needed though!

IMG_20160521_124520.jpg

So fast forward a few months and shes in for the very much needed paintwork.

The chrome had a milkiness to it so i purchased some Poor Boys compound and set about buffing every part bit by bit ready to refit to the car.

IMG_20160516_205518.jpg

Wheels back from the refurbers

IMG_20160602_171928.jpg

Parts collecting for the car.

So this afternoon i thought it was time to get some pictures as id give it a good clean and polish this morning. Thanks again to Chris Hall (California Paint & Body for the repaint. Its been a busy week polishing all window trim, roof rails and ordering parts (sometimes damaged) from TPS, she's still waiting for tailgate badges yet and eventually il rebook in to have the roof painted as its slightly out.

Im happy now though ive a car i can be proud to own and look after!

Shaws-11 by Ste Topping, on Flickr

My Audi A4 Sport by Ste Topping, on Flickr

Reactions: Tyrer
Also im waiting for new rear badges! I hate it de-badged

Last edited:
Great work, what happened to the Bora? Last I had any sort of knowledge surrounding Unphased was around the time you bought Shorties Bora - long time ago.... As long as I have the right Ste haha.

Anyway the B6 looks lovely and I am know looking at Poorboys compound from the results you got on the alluminium trim!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work on the avant Ste, looking well mate.

Now the million dollar question on many B6/B7's owners lips "which poorboys compound did you use on the chrome trim?"

Many of us suffer from the milky chrome trims (including me) i was contemplating wrapping but id prefer to keep the OE look. what methods did you use? hand/machine?

Yes its the correct Ste and yep I bought Shorties old Bora off Alex, I did a lot of paint on it, changed the wheels and put it on air. Great car, loved it but someone crashed into me one winter morning on my way to work, took the rear quarter out and that was the end of that. I broke it for parts (still have parts)
I still co run Unphased and its still going strong
As for the compound guys I think its SS2? Its a medium compound from Poor Boys, I was using Megs Compound and that was also working great! But ran out of it. But yes as said that and a good machine polisher and they come up great, don't go too deep though as its not chrome its an effect.

Poor bora but great B6!!!

You do understand if this compound works you have become a hero to many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: palfy86