My A4 2.0 TDI B8 - Remapped today! Pics and results :)

sduk

Audi Baby!
Reaction score
Well today I took the Audi to Auto-Tune in Ballymena, Northern Ireland for a Stage 1 remap!

These were the same guys who did my Astra so I knew it would be in safe hands :)

Got there at 9am and after a cup of tea got down to business :D

Car was strapped in and the first power run gave results of 138.6bhp and 235.5 lbft.

Remap-5.jpg

Remap-4.jpg

Remap-3-1.jpg

Remap-2.jpg

Remap1-1.jpg

Then the guys worked their magic and the second power run with the new map showed.........

an increase to 173.3bhp and 281.5 lbft :D
Here is a copy of the power graph...

Remap-Results-Graph.jpg

Took the car for a test drive and it has been transformed. Feels like a new car and pulls so hard and smoothly!

Really happy and really enjoyed the drive home :)

Sammy

Very impressive, which diesel model version do you have is it the 2.0 TDie 136 or are these figures at the wheels (assuming it is a 170 then if that makes sense)?

Nice increase in power, how much did the remap cost, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks,
Dave

Nice result but don't forget to let us know if the MPG changes

well just back from the first decent drive after the remap and i like it alot :D very smooth, responsive and pulls hard. hard to tell if the mpg increased but i did 100 miles today on varying back roads and some main roads and averaged 49.5mpg :D

so think it has increased but hard to tell, had 4 people in the car and a boot full aswell :)

Today I had a go at creating a couple of HDR pictures (High Dynamic Range) of the audi at it's remap.

Here is the first standard photo straight from the camera..

2-3.jpg

and then the HDR...

1And2more_tonemapped-1.jpg

next standard photo...

2-2.jpg

and the HDR...

1And2more_tonemapped.jpg

Really like the way they came out and gonna try this more :)

Sammy

Hi Sammy,

the car looks well - with power now to match :) I too was wondering too how much the remap cost? Also, does the whole process take long?

thanks!

well the place I used was OBD AutoTune. Based in Ballymena, Northern Ireland. It was the same place I took my last car so I got a discounted price.

It would have been £320 however i was charged £250. That included an initial power run on the rolling road, custom map written by them for audi, they ran fault diagnostics via VAGCOM, loaded onto the car, then two more power runs on the rolling road for final stats :)

took about 3 hours ish, but that included drinking tea and chatting to the guys, they really are top blokes who know their stuff. would recommend them to anyone!

Nice figures.

How comes the before and after graph only shows 30mins elapsed time?