My A3 won't Start ! Please help

Emir Demirovski

Reaction score
So i have installed an aftermarket stereo for the car by a shop. But i didn't like the way it sounded so i connected the wires back like they have been from factory. Everything was working fine until i removed the positive from the battery to remove the + cables for the amps. When i put the positive back to the battery, the car didn't want to start, tried jumping it and it turned on amd shut off right away, rpm's didn't work or anything on the gauge cluster. I will post a video so you can check it out. Thanks ! Oh and no faults were there before not starting.

Happened to me few weeks ago mate, listen to the relays under the dash by the steering wheel. One of mine was buzzing changed it out and started first time.

Happened to me few weeks ago mate, listen to the relays under the dash by the steering wheel. One of mine was buzzing changed it out and started first time.
When i i turn the key to turn it on. It clicks. But i will check the relays for any noise

I just checked. Both of my keys open and close the car. So i don't think that's the issue.
Yes, key will open the door ok but when you start the engine it will run a few seconds and cut out. Re-synch is detailed in your Owners Manual.

Yes, key will open the door ok but when you start the engine it will run a few seconds and cut out. Re-synch is detailed in your Owners Manual.
Ok then, great. I will check tomorrow about the relays and the keys and i will update you guys. Thanks !