My a3 will go fast! (build thread)

P1851

Suggest your car doesn't have ABS and maybe the new ecu came from a car with abs and thus it's not getting the signal it needs? or your car has ABS but not ESP and thus the same thing.. Maybe just something you have to live with.

His car will have ABS, but the older systems dont talk to the ECU.

Mark had the same fault with his 018CJ ECU when fitted to the A4.

The other code suggests your lambdas dead.

awesomeo guys :D

having a dead lamba wont cause any problems will it, as im skinto untill the 28th

Not sure due to it measuring the exhaust gasses, it may run rich, does yours have the 2 lambdas or just one?

Good going by the way, bet your a cheshire cat now lol

Lambda on narrow band isn't used on WOT but is used for idle/cruise.... its an important sensor and without it you will most likely be using the worlds surplus of fuel...

<tuffty/>

Lambda on narrow band isn't used on WOT but is used for idle/cruise.... its an important sensor and without it you will most likely be using the worlds surplus of fuel...

<tuffty/>

i asked niki if he knew anything about it as it was there when i got the car back from R-Tech he said The P0130 code sound like the B1S1 02 sensor has a fault connection or a fault sensor. If its the original or a very old sensor it's expected when pushing the car from 150bhp to 270+Bhp.

im going to check the wiring at the weekend and scan it again but i cant tell if its using more fuel because i haven't had the car back for over a week yet nor done a proper mpg check, as i got told on here that my dis will be way wrong because of my new injectors and other things. but the car does say on motor way journeys that its doing 45mpg+

Going from 150bhp to 270+bhp in a matter of a few days is going to bring under laying issues to light, common one on the AGU is the brittle internals of the lambda probe soon giving up.

The ABS fault will always be there running the newer ecus, it wont cause any issues nor will it give a light on the dash it just stores a code on the engine controller.

I am glad your happy with the car, your face said it all Saturday morning.

Jim wont shut up he keeps telling everyone this is the way forward for 270-280bhp and I agree with him. I have never known a hybrid K03 flow as good as this setup, I aint got a clue what Dan Beachbuggy did to the turbo but it worked. I have already pointed a few people to ASN to PM dan about getting a hyrbid from him.

Thank again for your custom and feeback, any problems you got my number or you can FB me any time.

Go enjoy!!!

Reactions: coatesy
Yeah man you worked your magic on the car, its awesome I still have that same smile on my face now.

Just needs to go a little bit fast now ;)

I can go harder on the power, if it was my car i would have found the max of the turbo and would be running it max all the time in the name of R&D.

@ Dan BeachBuggy, what you going to charge me to build one so I can max it out on a customer sprint AUQ with WMI? I got loads of k04 ko3 parts knocking around..

I would just like to add to this thread , I am sure Bill's ported k03 manifold shouldn't be over looked in the setup, I think this played a big part in helping get the figures seen . It's all very well having a good flowing turbo but needs the manifold to match which I think Bill has done really well here.

Aw I can feel the man love in here <3

your all awesome and all played a major part in making my car what it is now.

apart from I built it with my awesome IT technician hands ;)

here is a power graph of my car its not the last one with the 275+ bhp on as niki said the machine didnt save the latest graph but anyway this one is only 3-6bhp out i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to paradox on here i ended up buying a WMI kit. :icon_thumright:

before i install it is there anything i should know.

paradox mentioned about using deironised water instead of tap water.

one thing i asked niki from R-tech was, does the car need the map tweeking to run this but he hasn't got back to me yet.

thanks to paradox on here i ended up buying a WMI kit. :icon_thumright:

before i install it is there anything i should know.

paradox mentioned about using deironised water instead of tap water.

one thing i asked niki from R-tech was, does the car need the map tweeking to run this but he hasn't got back to me yet.

No map tweak needed but without a map tweaking all you'll be doing is cooling the charge air which is always a good thing. Not sure how the map on your car is but Niki tends to map the car to adjust timing depending on the AITs. So WMI will cool AITs and therefore adjust your timing to match , giving you a faster car.

What kit have you bought? You need to ensure the tank outlet sits lower then the pump. Also, I now use filtered water as where I used to live was a hard water area and I think it may have contributed towards a few check valve failures.

No map tweak needed but without a map tweaking all you'll be doing is cooling the charge air which is always a good thing. Not sure how the map on your car is but Niki tends to map the car to adjust timing depending on the AITs. So WMI will cool AITs and therefore adjust your timing to match , giving you a faster car.

What kit have you bought? You need to ensure the tank outlet sits lower then the pump. Also, I now use filtered water as where I used to live was a hard water area and I think it may have contributed towards a few check valve failures.

Awesome, its a coolingmist deluxe kit with a solenoid not a check valve.

After watching that video on Facebook lastnight. I want me a de-cat lol

You don't need it mapped mate,but you cam also get the meth added to your map.

Awesome, its a coolingmist deluxe kit with a solenoid not a check valve.

After watching that video on Facebook lastnight. I want me a de-cat lol

To be fair my car used to flame before I fitted WMI just with a de-cat. The WMI just tends to change the colour of the flame and makes it more regular. I have a solenoid fitted to my kit too now after half a tank of meth syphoned into my FMIC when the car was in my work carpark!

Mine doesn't flame even with a decat, although my exhaust setup is quite tame.

the Leon that I have had a hybrid on it when I got it, and once warm revving when stationary sent out a pretty solid flame, and on the road a flame more like a flame thrower..

ah its pretty manly all this flame crack, i think im going to have to get involved !

i just received the nozzle in the post for my WMI kit so all iv got to do is get the wiring done then bosh it in the car.

Reactions: camscockle20vT
ah its pretty manly all this flame crack, i think im going to have to get involved !

i just received the nozzle in the post for my WMI kit so all iv got to do is get the wiring done then bosh it in the car.

Ha i may need one of these then, the tt throws out pink flames ;)

Cant belive your still not happy lol im happy enough for now with 255bhp in a heavy *** car, urs must be a rocket compared!

But fair play, inspiration for young guys on a budget, you must be a mega saver lol

I'm feeling left out with all the flakes business,mine burbles the ***** out of any other car,rarely pop and bangs and never flames:(

Ha i may need one of these then, the tt throws out pink flames ;)

Cant belive your still not happy lol im happy enough for now with 255bhp in a heavy *** car, urs must be a rocket compared!

But fair play, inspiration for young guys on a budget, you must be a mega saver lol

haha gaaayyyy! ;)

i need to take a video of the next time im on that private road with virtual traffic on just to upload on here so you get the idea of how its not fast enough!

no im not mega saver just have no life just spend on car parts ;)

I'm feeling left out with all the flakes business,mine burbles the ***** out of any other car,rarely pop and bangs and never flames:(

that's because you drive one of them **** mk4 golfs :p they aren't allowed to do flames and go fast.

haha im only playing !

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzkuanBn.jpg

today will be spent playing with a WMI kit and attempting to install it in the car. if i don't post any more you can assume iv been killed by an electrical fire :D !

or a meth fire and you've been engulfed in invisable flames you didn't see licking up around you!

coatesy:1689302 said:

that's because you drive one of them **** mk4 golfs :p they aren't allowed to do flames and go fast.

haha im only playing !

Oooooo that's a low blow.I felt that one! Lol

today i failed at life. just didn't have the motivation to take all the carpets up and run all the pipes BUT in the end turned out to be a good thing since the tank that came with the kit leaked like a leaky ring piece! i changed the quick connect fitting that fit my new high pressure hose but then didn't think of making sure the high pressure hose fit the pump....

as you can guess it doesn't...

fecking Gay thing! so im sourcing a new quick connect for the tank that's 6mm or 1/4 OD and getting some new 6mm or 1/4 HP hose... then ill try again next weekend.

also turns out after spending the most of yesterday on the car my bodged on 3" TIP is slightly flat and not 3" where my gear cables are. (yes tuffty and bill you where right about having to move them!)

so when i get a bit more in to fabricating stuff ill make my own new bracket for the gear cables, i sized up the job visually tbh does look that much of a chew on.

it cant be that bad for the car though considering the it made over 280 bhp on a full on power run, before R-tech turned it down abit.

but with that sorted it should surly aid in feeding a less restricted air flow!

That's where you're going wrong Alex....

Haha how do you know how hairy my body is ..... Is that you I can see at the bottom of my garden!

Yes I know just because you are manly enough to have no interior, I do not come anywhere near this manliness.

However at this time in life I can say my a3 is faster than yours and its got all the interior in :D but this won't last long once your engine is all done.

todays update... had quite a productive day.

i fitted my water meth kit!

tank and pump fixed in the boot, the pump is earthed in the boot also.

fiddling with wires to get it all wired up.

this is where i pulled all the cables and pipes through, its the same place i run the vac line for my boost gauge.

mounted my solenoid. (the lighter was for putting the shrink wrap around my solder joins and to start my gas soldering iron.. not because iv started to smoke again.. for those that have seen my stopping smoking threrad)

did a test to check my wiring was all good!

messy wires... at least no one can see them!

when i was putting the boost switch inside the dash it touched with the chassis and sorted causing it to blow the 15 amp fuse for head light switch. i decided to move it as this way i can also slip the quick fixings off if i don't want to run water meth, this is where it is located now its in the little cubby hole under the head light switch. the boost switch is set to 12psi.

injector nozzle tapped in to the hard pipe just after the FMIC and before the TB. i have also put some epoxy metal on there as well.

that's about it for today lol i did pick some deironised water up and some methanol.

i got my methanol from Simpson Racing Products/Services

i got 25 litres for 20 pounds. 99.95% virgin grade.

the guy was awesome he was well impressed with my car, even took a look around. said he would like to know if it makes a big difference. he also said that alot of people have been going to him in scoobys because they are running there scoobys on 20% methanol 80% petrol lol these must be these scoobys i see that lick 1-2 foot flames and go like stink.

Last edited by a moderator:
top stuff, looking at your pics can i ask about your DV? what sort is it mate?

When does the pump turn on mate, when ignition is on? You could have used the terminals under the steering wheel as there's a permanent live, ignition live, and earthin points all easy too use with spade terminals.