My a3 will go fast! (build thread)

can I have my 4bar back when you're done Westicles? Just incase I need it when mine's tweaked.

I have a 4bar sat in my garage attached to an AEB inlet that i cant sell lol. Who ever needs one can have it.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh my word, 150 - 280bhp? in one step? that's AMAZING! id be pretty confident saying you have no idea what's coming :)

Awesome stuff! can't wait for your report!

Lmao thanks for the confidence boost :p I'm going to love it, aslong as its nothing like my mates nova turbo with a 300 poneys I think ill be alright

Best start saving for a diff! Having a car with a diff now is a huge difference, never will i buy a fwd without one now!

Pheww just got home, car is absolutely insane :D its so smooth to drive but its just like a power train, pulls all the way to the red line.

The print out that I have wasn't the final one as niki said the stupid thing didn't save it, so on the print out I have it made 273.4bhp 292.3lbft.

He said its at 275 or round abouts.

Niki also couldnt give Dan's turbo enough praise.

I'll upload a photo of the print out later on

just read through your whole thread, just amazed that someone on similar money to me has enough to do all of this i find myself spending every penny I have each month, maybe I should consider getting a bit more serious about the car build just going about it as a daily even tho I have a work van so car is only used to ferry me from friends and gfs houses and shops and what not.

I might have to follow your lead on the hybrid turbo seems to be good. I may be in touch with Dan shortly.

just read through your whole thread, just amazed that someone on similar money to me has enough to do all of this i find myself spending every penny I have each month, maybe I should consider getting a bit more serious about the car build just going about it as a daily even tho I have a work van so car is only used to ferry me from friends and gfs houses and shops and what not.

I might have to follow your lead on the hybrid turbo seems to be good. I may be in touch with Dan shortly.

yeah man, im completely skint now, iv just been out and spent my last 60 quid on some v power lol don't get paid until the 28th

i just so please with my car and all the effort that went i to it. and even more over the moon with what power it made.

Awesome man :D sounds cracking.

Must be so great to drive going to almost double the power!

How is the traction?

in first non existent, in second its okay as long as the foot down is progressive and not pow foot down, rest of the gears are fine.

im already looking at some WMI for it lol niki said the only thing holding it back is AIT's so WMI will bring them down and then runner 2 and 3 wont glow on the mani but if i could get a high flow mani it would be even better.

maybe when i get a welder and start to practice stuff, ill try make one when i get good at welding

fire cat:

tumblr_lt56rvVvry1qzf0d9o1_500.jpg

I don't know really, mine still used to pop like crazy with a milltek sports cat, not sure about flames though.

I'd never really seen mine flame much before, until I started taking it to trackdays and I had loads of people coming up to me asking why if flamed all the time, it pretty much shoots a flame on every gearchange when flat out, as well as on over run braking into bends. Just generally flames all the time :D

Yeah man I get plenty of pops and bags with the sports cat and a miltek cat back.

Westy your cars already super fast I'm sure once its been mapped it will be redonk

All you people with engines in your cars are making me so jealous :(

Reactions: coatesy and frenchman
Damn, there I was thinking I would be happy maxing my Ko3s out.
Looks like something else to add to the list.

Wicked motor mate.

Reactions: coatesy
brilliant right up mate,just spent an hour reading through the whole thread. Wish I had the funds to do this work to my motor, great thread and write up. Any pics of finished project?

ALex

Did you run with the Fmic that I saw on the 1st page? What pipe work size did younrun as well?

Im just wondering if running the Welly cooler would make difference .

Awesome, im aiming for 260 ish from my quattro, its an AGU, KO4 turbo, FMIC, BAM injectors, De-cat, large TIP, 3in vr6 maf housing, and a re map, think thats everything

After reading this thread i now dont want to wait i wanna start fitting it now

brilliant right up mate,just spent an hour reading through the whole thread. Wish I had the funds to do this work to my motor, great thread and write up. Any pics of finished project?

Cheers mate, ill get a few pictures if the weather is nice tomorrow.

It's never going to be a finished project :p

ALex

Did you run with the Fmic that I saw on the 1st page? What pipe work size did younrun as well?

Im just wondering if running the Welly cooler would make difference .

Yo Dan

I changed my eBay fmic to a welly cooler and 2.5" pipe work before I took it for the map.

Awesome, im aiming for 260 ish from my quattro, its an AGU, KO4 turbo, FMIC, BAM injectors, De-cat, large TIP, 3in vr6 maf housing, and a re map, think thats everything

After reading this thread i now dont want to wait i wanna start fitting it now

Yeah man you should see more than 260 out of it with a k04 on it.

You should take a look at westys build thread, he's hoping to get 300 out of his k04, you will need rods for this, rifle drilled ones if you get some.

Yeah man you should see more than 260 out of it with a k04 on it.

You should take a look at westys build thread, he's hoping to get 300 out of his k04, you will need rods for this, rifle drilled ones if you get some.

Ohh hadnt thought about the rods, so without rods 260ish is doable and safe, but if i wanted say 300 id have to do the Rods to be safe? what sort of cost are a set of rods?

prawn is right there, i was posting on my phone earlier i didn't realise you said AGU.

also you say quattro with an AGU it wont be unless its an replacement engine, it will be an AUM wont it prawn?

i got my rods from america from integrated engineering. but bill (badger5) sells these so you could just order from him, rifle drilled ones are like 400 quid maybe a little more, i cant remember.

Dont use BAM injectors. They won't fit for a start, then when you make them fit, they won't work very well.

Also, a Quattro with an AGU?

What injectors do you recommend mate?

Ok sorry will bring this up to speed, my car is a 2001 Y plate 5dr quattro, a customer at work owned it and didnt bother having it serviced, his Oil pick up blocked, the cam sensor melted as did the chain tensioner, the inlet cam siezed in the head, so he was gonna scrap it, i offered him a little more than scrap money and he took it, so my plan was to fit another engine and flog it on, so i picked up a good AGU locally mega cheap that i knew a little about (know how the ex owner drove) so i changed the lump and test drove it, now i must say at this point i had driven it at work a few times but as it wasnt mine i didnt give it any stick, so on my test drive i kicked it big time and wanted to keep it (i own 3 diesel vws so the audi went like a rocket) anyway the KO3s was little smokey and didnt seem to hold boost that well, i was gonna just fit a new one but then knew id get bored of the power in no time so have decided to ko4 it, looking for about 260 (anymore would be awesome) so that explains a quattro with an AGU fitted (i know i should have replaced it with an ARY but at the time i was just gonna flog it on and didnt wanna pay the £700 odd i saw them up for)

so any pointers on injectors and anything else i will need would be perfect

What injectors do you recommend mate?

Ok sorry will bring this up to speed, my car is a 2001 Y plate 5dr quattro, a customer at work owned it and didnt bother having it serviced, his Oil pick up blocked, the cam sensor melted as did the chain tensioner, the inlet cam siezed in the head, so he was gonna scrap it, i offered him a little more than scrap money and he took it, so my plan was to fit another engine and flog it on, so i picked up a good AGU locally mega cheap that i knew a little about (know how the ex owner drove) so i changed the lump and test drove it, now i must say at this point i had driven it at work a few times but as it wasnt mine i didnt give it any stick, so on my test drive i kicked it big time and wanted to keep it (i own 3 diesel vws so the audi went like a rocket) anyway the KO3s was little smokey and didnt seem to hold boost that well, i was gonna just fit a new one but then knew id get bored of the power in no time so have decided to ko4 it, looking for about 260 (anymore would be awesome) so that explains a quattro with an AGU fitted (i know i should have replaced it with an ARY but at the time i was just gonna flog it on and didnt wanna pay the £700 odd i saw them up for)

so any pointers on injectors and anything else i will need would be perfect

this now makes sense lol

im using saab red injectors in my a3 there the same fitment as the standard AGU injectors (EV1) i think that's right, prawn will correct me.

you can also use calibra yellows and "green giants" as people call them they are out of a cosworth i think, they are the highest flowing out of the three.

Calibra yellow injectors??? I've got a set from a mates calibra turbo may have to dig them out or there is a Saab Indy near me could always get some Saab red ones, so do you think 260 is defo doable?

260 on a ko4 is EEEEAAAASSSSSYYYYy mate :)

what injectors you need will be down to the inlet manifold you're running, and the ECU. being a 2001 I'd guess it's DBW and wide band? if so the BAM injectors will work. if it's on ME3.8 with a cable throttle you'll need something like the saab reds.

260 on a ko4 is EEEEAAAASSSSSYYYYy mate :)

what injectors you need will be down to the inlet manifold you're running, and the ECU. being a 2001 I'd guess it's DBW and wide band? if so the BAM injectors will work. if it's on ME3.8 with a cable throttle you'll need something like the saab reds.

Thank you Prawn
now when i fitted the AGU i used the ARY inlet manifold complete, yes mine is DBW, so will the BAM injectors fit, and will they give enough full when its mapped? ****** i bid on some saab reds last night :(

Thank you Prawn
now when i fitted the AGU i used the ARY inlet manifold complete, yes mine is DBW, so will the BAM injectors fit, and will they give enough full when its mapped? ****** i bid on some saab reds last night :(

Doh! you didn't say you had swapped the inlet mani over lol :p

so to get everything right you have an AGU block and head with the management of the ARY with the inlet of the ARY lol its like a car parts pick and mix. at least you've got the better of the blocks and heads with the better management.

Doh! you didn't say you had swapped the inlet mani over lol :p

so to get everything right you have an AGU block and head with the management of the ARY with the inlet of the ARY lol its like a car parts pick and mix. at least you've got the better of the blocks and heads with the better management.

Yeah thats right, sorry i should have said, the main problem ive had is the AGU doesnt have vvt and my ARY vvt was shot, so ive gotta get a new unit and fit that, i used the ARY rocker cover and sump aswell