MY A3 IS GAY - seriously...

a5hl3y2k6

Reaction score
Hi all, just had a really strange problem, and fixed it ......

this morning my car wouldn't start well, but did start. i was thinking it could of just been a one off so a little later when i used it it done the same which was worse, took about 3 attempts to start. i thought it could be the plugs so i purchased a replacement set and fitted them.

Sorted, Started First Time, after several try it was perfect, so off i went to get fuel.......

got back in, wont start, tried for 30 mins, and nothing, starter motor churned but had no life at all. so i decided to walk home and grab the old plugs and swap them over at the garage, still nothing. after about another 30 mins i thought.... ill DC the battery and clear the ECU. ..... this worked and it now starts first time every time like it used to...

is this normal behaviour?

thanks

I had a similar issue on one of my previous cars but it would always start eventually after 15 mins or so.

turned out to be an injector on it's way out and when it was replaced it never did it again ( it was a ford so not sure how much help that will be )

My mate had similar problems just turned out to be the battery as you would think.

If it was the battery, I assume jump starting it from another car would make it start straight away? Thus proving it to be the battery?

Should of put ,

The reason I ask is putting new glow plugs in may mean they needed less power to heat up then old ones hence why it appeared to start ok for a bit after fitting?

Hmm am not sure on that one tonne honest mate, yeah his jumped straight away.

Whats the GAY bit about ? am i missing a joke ?

It suddenly had better taste in fashion?