My A3 Build Thread

nope iv got the 2011 mirrors look fab when they folded and they dont look as big as the dumbo mirrors

Good work Chris, glad you got the front end sorted.

Now for the back, lol.

Yes exactly!! I am debating whether to get the original s line rear bumper or have the facelift sline rear bumper with the diffuser, i know which would be easier to find and wouldn't require work to the tail pipes but i also know the facelift one does look really nice!

Chris

Got some bits today from the audi parts man, finally got the new front light unit with reading lights and led ambient lights and also got the rear reading light unit, both were a straight swap and i was amazed at how many electrical items are attached to the front interior light!! Easy job and looks much better at night.

I am getting white DIS fitted on wednesday thanks to Nigel and The car is going in on thursday to have the sline grille put on as they put the wrong grille on the car after it was repaired, so many exciting things happening :) I also bought a set of a3 black edition rs4 style wheels off ebay which i will fit when my current tyres wear out, probably in the summer :)

Chris

So, got my white dis sorted out thanks to Nigel yesterday and i am so pleased, dials look much clearer and way more modern and i would really recommend anyone having it done. I can also now see what gear i am in in sport, drive aswell as manual whereas before all i new was i was in d or s, not what gear i was in and i like to know what gear i am in :) I still need to get the fuel tank sender updated as my cars one doesn't communicate with the new cluster but nigel has ordered the part and is coming to fit it for me soon so all is good!

Dropped the car down to audi this morning to have the grille changed to the proper s line one and i must say it has really finished off the front end nicely and i must praise the colbornes audi bodyshop as the paint job they did was 1st rate and when i mentioned the grille was wrong the offered to swap it out free of charge and they have left me very happy with the work!

I also fitted the Led interior upgrade from t8ups and it is so much better than the old fashioned bulbs. One of the festoon bulbs did blow the fuse but a quick call to t8ups diagnosed the problem and he straight away offered to send me out another one which was very good of him :)

So i am thinking interior is looking alright now, so i might start tinkering under the engine bay!! I really have my heart set on a neuspeed p flo and i am very close to ordering so watch this space!!

Chris

Loving the New Black cluster..:wub:....

Did NHN have to change your petrol pump and feed a wire to get this to work ? How much was the total cost ?

He hasn't yet changed the pump as it was not in stock, which is why my fuel light is on despite just filling up. I would pm nigel for pricing as it varies from car to car and depending on what cluster you buy

Chris

He hasn't yet changed the pump as it was not in stock, which is why my fuel light is on despite just filling up. I would pm nigel for pricing as it varies from car to car and depending on what cluster you buy

Chris

Ok ..Did you take it to Audi for Mileage correction and Fob key coding ?

Audi did all the key coding and nigel took me down the road to a guy who does the mileage correction, looks like this mod is the finishing touch to your facelift conversion ;)

Chris

Audi did all the key coding and nigel took me down the road to a guy who does the mileage correction, looks like this mod is the finishing touch to your facelift conversion ;)

Chris

It definitely is .....I'm just a bit worried about how much Audi will charge me:unsure:. I already have the Cluster...How much did they charge you?

Nice car and spec mate like all the bits you have done

It will be worth the wait :) they are the best thing i have done yet, make the car feel way more modern :) I Just need to get rid of those ****** wheels!!

Chris

Well chuffed today as i got some decent fuel economy on a long run from coventry to woking doing normal motorway speeds and averaged 63mph, i didn't reset the trip computer once on the journey and had a little bit of traffic at the start. Also received my new RS5 steering wheel which i am having fitted on wednesday so happy days :)

Chris

You're gonna have to wait till wednesday ;) Its a nice wheel, came from the factory with alcantara and cream stitching, it was an audi exclusive one. I will post photos when i get it fitted

Chris

Finally got my steering wheel fitted a week and a bit late! looks and feels great, much thicker than the last one and the steering now almost feels too light compared to such a chunky wheel, i have got a matching gear lever and handbrake cover on the way just need to get my gear lever fitted as i know the new style one needs some modification to fit the car. Hope you like it!

Chris

i dont know what to make of Alcantara wheels... looks a little out of place. have you got alcantara seats in your car? once the other bits are on it should look better

Looks good mate, personally I would have picked the flat bottom steering wheel.

It does look out of place at the moment without the gear lever and handbrake but they are on the way, it does match the alcantara seats though! I didn't choose a flat bottom wheel as i didnt want to have to get a new airbag, wanted to use my existing one

Chris

I like all the mods you have done on the car,they look awesome. However I have to be honest that,I have never seen any steering wheel look as bad as this one.

TBH If you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself, i haven't put alcantara on my engine cover just on my steering wheel!

Chris

Sorry but I agree with H88 on this one... As long as you like it who cares about what other people think though? Don't let our opinions annoy you, it's just our preferences mate. :) I bet it feels a ton better than the leather though!

Ok, been a good and bad day today!

Got my sts shark remap sorted and installed it on the car today and i have to say what a difference!! it feels seriously quick now and pulls really hard in 3rd gear and the power just feels seamless now as it carries on pulling right to the redline, i am very pleased with the results and look forward to driving it more and learning the car again, i also got some parts from audi like the chrome mirror and window switches aswell as the facelift headlight switch and they both look great

However!! i was driving home from work on the dual carriageway doing sensible speeds, went in the fast lane to overtake and all of a sudden a massive metal bar comes up from behind the car which is now in front of me and hits my car, made a really loud sound at the time and i swerved just enough so it deflected off the car and didn't go straight through the windscreen. Bad news is that it has damaged the bonnet really badly and i am almost sure i will be looking at a new bonnet now which great news :( i am going to a bodyshop to get a quote tomorrow so i just hope it won't be mega money as after getting the remap done and the new parts i have spent a lot of money on the car this month! Fingers crossed

Bad news about the bonnet mate but by the look of those marks it was headed straight for you!

Yer, it would have gone straight through the windscreen no doubt about that :) i am glad that a piece of metal was dented and i wasn't decapitated!!

Chris

Ok so just picked the car up yesterday from having the damage fixed and the rs3 rear bumper fitted and i think it looks great!! Still got the old wheels on as the tyres just don't wanna seem to give up there tread but they will soon be swapped i think! Bonnet repair job is great and you would never know the damage was there which is great! The exhausts don't actually look that bad and i am tempted just to leave them as they are, let me know your thoughts :)

Chris

So i finally got my new wheels fitted yesterday!! i bought them on ebay and had them all refurbed by a company called lepsons in swindon who did a great job, i was just waiting for my old tyres to wear down enough so that i could still sell them but i got some use out of them! I think the new wheels really suit the car and the grey colour makes them stand out a bit!

And here she is at castle coombe today
7575378762_b874e88c34_b.jpg
[/URL]

I think it really looks better now, much more sporty! the only thing bugging me is the chrome roof rails, i want black ones so if anyone wants to swap!! either that or i will vinyl wrap them. Let me know what you think :)

Chris

it looks good, but what's with the gap? :whistle2: