My A3 3.2 v6

Martyn_V6

Reaction score
Just got this yesterday. 73k on the clock. Not really any marks on it apart from both quarters are starting to bubble, would that be covered on audi's 12 year corrosion thing? Only got the one pic at the moment but it has full leather inside.

e60c5753.jpg

Ah good choice of car! But I would say that lol. Very nice. Any plans for it?? or just going to enjoy it for a while.

thanks. no plans for now really. might get a new set of alloys, fancy bbs lm's but will be reps as im not paying about 3k for wheels haha

LMs are dog poo (i'll get stick for saying this now but I'm sticking to my guns, i hate them :whistle2:), what about BBS CH or a decent set of genuine RS6/Sline wheels?

If you get LM reps you'll end replacing them soon enough due to them corroding and generally going down the sh1t pan due to them not being as good quality as original BBS. That said, not all replicas are bad wheels.

Regarding your paint questions, are you sure that both quarters have never been painted before? If they have Audi won't entertain a paint claim.

Enjoy the car.

yeah i like ch's to but prefered the lm's. I have herd that the paint starts going on them pretty quickly tho. Might just end up stealing the girlfriends speedline split rims since there sitting doing nothing.

Doesnt look like the quarters been painted before. Checked inside the door shuts and theres no rough/hard edges. If i cant claim it i will prob just get it painted.

Anyone else got any wheel suggestions?

not paint or wheel related but do a search on here for the 3.2 software update you can get Audi to do.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...elp-software-update-equivelent-vw-6463-a.html

^^^this is a shortened version of an indepth post that more experienced members of the forum posted about.

I would say even if you don't have the hesitation at 2k still consider this as it imo improved throttle response and got me an extra 25 miles a tank of petrol!

yes I guess most if not all can (some are a bit funny about it) charged me £56 but just in fuel saving thats got to be worth it!

Will have a read of that later. Left it in P earlier and held it at 2k and it seemed fine. Need to get a wheelbearing and a cv boot ordered this week tho

One of the best cars I've owned. I get over 29mpg regularly.

One of the best cars I've owned. I get over 29mpg regularly.

29mpg thats quite good for a 3.2 v6. i regularly get over 47 mpg normal driving but mines a tdi. and i drive quite eco

29mpg is easily possible, I get 22mpg driving it like I stole it (pre software upgrade I was getting 19mpg)

I'm currently getting 34 at the moment! Must be the heat!!! In the UK I averaged 30 most of the time so was happy.

Mines got some paint bubble on the passenger wheel arch and just recently found some under the foam that was beneath the number plate. Think the arch is from a stone chip, given its position but no idea about the number plate.

yeah i like ch's to but prefered the lm's. I have herd that the paint starts going on them pretty quickly tho. Might just end up stealing the girlfriends speedline split rims since there sitting doing nothing.

I think I'll be keeping my speedlines for myself thank you ;)

I think I'll be keeping my speedlines for myself thank you ;)

Ha we'll see

I loved mine, don't forget to get the coil packs done under recall.

Iv already phoned audi aberdeen and the guy said it needs to be in getting something worked on first like a service before they will check them and change them if needed.

Averaged 30mpg coming home from work today. Is the dsg more economical than the manual?

Just ordered a new rear hub today and picking up a new n/s front cv boot tomorrow. Service soon hopefully and some new wheels

Haha cheers for the offer but girlfriends got a set of them in 18's she bought for her a3 but hasnt put them on so i could easily steal them ;)

Ha sorry cant see that happening. Didnt mean to like that post either. Ipad was being a poop. Can hid kits be fitted ok to these or is there problem?

Iv already phoned audi aberdeen and the guy said it needs to be in getting something worked on first like a service before they will check them and change them if needed.

Hmm interesting, I phoned Aberdeen Audi up a few days ago about it and it's getting done on Monday :happy:

Hmm interesting, I phoned Aberdeen Audi up a few days ago about it and it's getting done on Monday :happy:

Thats pretty damn unfair tbh. Was parts i spoke to tho. Who did you speak to? Are yours playing up or you just getting them done?

Just getting them done. I spoke to David in servicing who I think is the manager, I've dealt with him before to sort out a service and he seems to be pretty helpful.

Think i will phone them again tomorrow but speak to service this time. Hopefully get them done. There alright just now. Did they check the software on yours aswell?

I got mine done through a non-dealer source ;) I did try asking them about it but they didn't have a clue what I was on about, then after explaining it they said they would need to take it in for a scan, perform their own troubleshooting on the symptoms, and if none of that shows anything up they would need to go to Audi UK to get approval for the update. I didn't fancy paying for the time to do all that so looked at alternatives.

Anyone with vag-com or VCDS should be able to run a scan and get your software version.

Ill try sort something out. Phoned audi again today and they said my car hasnt been checked so i have to go up with it next friday and they will check the plugs while i wait

That's mine done, in and out in about half an hour and all free of charge. When you say plugs I guess you mean spark plugs, what are they checking on them? I just got the coils as far as I know.

Sorry thats was me being a fud. Ment coils. Ever had any dealings with turriff tyres alloys? Asked about there lm's and them flaking but the guy kinda dodged it and said its down to how you look after them. Herd a few people say they flake after a few weeks.

Not personally, though I think any LM reps are prone to flaking. The only knowledge I have of them is a guy at work got a set of 19s and after one pothole one of them cracked and was basically scrap, don't think he got a replacement either. Might be an isolated case though. Noticed you joined EastsideVW forum, might be worth asking on there for some opinions, plus there are often people flogging wheels 2nd hand on there!

Yeah pretty much everything iv read about lm reps isn't great. Dnt fancy paying 3k for the real deal. Aye rawtor51 said i should join. Had a look last night but couldn't see anything

Had it it at audi this afternoon to get the coils checked and they ended up changing all 6 :)