my 8l s3 project thread

xe dan

Reaction score
Thought i would start a thread on my 8l s3 ,the car was owned by a work college of my dads for 8 years and around 8months ago i heard he had purchased a 8p s3 and was going to sell the 8l but sadly i just didnt have the funds to buy the car at the time so a friend of mine purchased it instead. He then owned the car for around 4months before deciding he wanted somthing diffrent as he also owns a big power 8l s3 and didnt see the point of owning 2 so thats where i stepped in i swapped my 350bhp impreza for the s3 and and ive never looked back and the added bonus was that in the 4 months my mate owned the car he fitted wietec coilovers and 9.5j rota alloys,spacers and ado8 road/track tyres so here is a few pics.

this was how the car was brought from my dads work friend

these are the pics of the car when i purchased it

and one from when i went to brands hatch summer Wednesday show

since buying the car i have had a iws developments custom 3inch down pipe fitted a cat back non resonated milltec exhaust fitted ive also done the secondry air injection blank and removal fitted a badger 5 v3 style tip and a jetex filter and heat sheald im hoping to have the car ready for stage 2 mapping by the end of the year.
Here is a couple of pics of the down pipe that was made

Reactions: JOSE8LT, StaceyS3, jaykay8L and 1 other person
Love the car mate. What size tyres do you have on the 9.5" rims and what size spacers front and rear? I'm wanting to buy some rota grids myself

Very nice mate and welcome to the site :)

the tyres are 225/40/18s and im running 23mm spacers rear 20mm front et38 offset

the tyres are 225/40/18s and im running 23mm spacers rear 20mm front et38 offset
Thanks for the reply mate. Are the tyres a bit of a stretch? I have some 16mm rear and 11mm front spacers, do you think the wheels would still clear the suspension and brakes?

yeah the tyres run a little stretch and yeah they should clear im just running bigger spacers to bring the wheels further out for more of a stance look

Reactions: Jenno007
Car is looking pretty sweet mate. I quite like the LCR splitter too! Hardly see that many red S3's about.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the DP set you back?

love the splitter thinking of putting 19 inch x5 tiger claws on mine

Attachments

• 10334343_10205001067610458_2724068202074353559_n.jpg
    10334343_10205001067610458_2724068202074353559_n.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 204
Just seen your car parked up in Colchester, looks good !

yeah it was in colchester as im working that way at the mo also iws developments have also taken delivery of my welly cooler and pipe work to make up the custom set up just waiting on a date for fitting

car is booked in for custom intercooler over christmas also went for a mini photo shoot will have the proper pics this week at some point here is one i took

Reactions: JOSE8LT
Car looks lovely mate, I live in Colchester. Will have to keep an eye out :)

a couple of the professional photos more to come later in the week

do you not have xenons? lights look really yellow?
and paint the grill suround black!!!
great looking car!
i hate looking at the red ones as its what i really wanted :(

yeah i do have xenons thats with just side lights on and i have got a spare grill to paint parts black