My 8L GT2871R S3 Build

Here's a video of my cab on the dyno when Gizmo20VT owned it where it made 201wkw and 334nm at 1.2bar boost (Thanks Sidey for sending to me):

So epic man! Great to see some progress bud... She sounds good on the dyno!

Just a few pics from some time back that friend of mine sent me over the weekend:

And this is where the build is at the moment:

Happy days!!! :hurray:

Now the fun starts. Cant wait to see it finished.

Reactions: Ashley =1.8T=
Some pics of the what Leon found when the motor was stripped:

Check this one out :bang:

There was also some damage to the bore of the block so luckily that will be sorted out with the rebore.

Amazing.
And a perfect case for people trying to push big power on stock internals and trying to play it 'safe' with a mild tune.
I bet theres so many people out there with bent rods and they dont even know it. They dont always fire out the side of the block.

Reactions: Ashley =1.8T=
Not much to update but here goes anyway.

Last week I ordered my in-line fuel pump and was told I could collect on Friday afternoon. Anyway I rush to get to the store on Friday after work only to be told that it is available but my order has to be dispatched to the front and it wont be that aternoon :bang:

Anyway, I collected it on Saturday morning (excuse the extremely crappy BB pics):

Then on Sunday morning I went a collected a Devils Own DVC30 Stage 2 WMI kit:

The bottle doesnt have any mounting points so not 100% sure how I'm going to mount it or if I should just use my washer bottle:

Thats it for now

Nice updates! Would water meth not damage the headlight lenses if you use your washer bottle as a WMI tank?

I've been on the hunt for the K&N version of the S2000 filter like whats on my car at the moment but no one seem to have stock.

I then came across a guy selling 2 of the OEM Honda S2000 filters for ZAR100 and decided that they work really well and that was a real steal (Honda quoted ZAR350 each) so I grabbed them (similar to the pic):

The filters themself are actually orange with the white ends. I'll get painted black over the weekend.

I managed to source an AEB head for the build. Will be getting it by the weekend. Next week, it should got to engineers for for testing and flowing.

ETA of the build being complete is the next 2 weeks :jump:

Reactions: PDBoosted and Gizmo20VT
Some updated from the past week.

The AEB head that I got was actually recondition as it had some cracks that were welded. The engineer working on the head advise that for the goals I have with the car, this head would only be good for around 360whp with the welds so I decided not to use it.

Seeing as the big port heads are quite difficult to come by and the port sizes on the intake manifold and the head would be a problem I had to find another head and managed to find and AUQ head of a Golf GTi.

That head had been sent in to the engineers. Got the report back this morning that the head is good nick and we can go on and use it. Just need to replace 1 exhaust valve and 1 intake valve, replace valve stem seals and get the head ported, all of which will be done by the end of the week.

Then there had also been a delay on shipment of my pistons. These arrived yesterday afternoon and were also sent to the engineers for balancing this morning.

With all these delays, look like my baby will only be ready end of next week now.

Why is it not running yet ? :think: Bottom assembly looks good, snap some pics of the porting :D

Why is it not running yet ? :think: Bottom assembly looks good, snap some pics of the porting :D

Engineers were delaying everything. Everything only got back to the shop yesterday. Friend of mine bought Leon's Cupra so he was at the shop yesterday and took the pics for me. Will try and get some of the porting.

I'll bring the her to you for full inspection once she is done :salute:

More pics of the build I got yesterday:

Stock DM flywheel with copper clutch and new pressure plate:

Motor assembled:

Motor is going in today and she will be started up tomorrow. Seeing as Im going away for the weekend, I'll only be collecting her on Monday.

Reactions: Ashley =1.8T= and Gizmo20VT
Motor went in over the weekend. she was started up. Busy putting the final all bit and piece back in now.

All confirmed for me to collect this afternoon!!!:yahoo:

Not much of an update guys. Didnt pick her up yesterday

Was on my way as everything was confirmed. She was washed and parked and ready for me collect. Got there and Leon had just got back from his test drive and running some logs. Everything was clear and then they saw some smoke from the bonnet. At first they thought it was the new heat wrap on the exhaust but it wasnt.

Put the car up on the hoist and found an oil leak from the propshaft seal at the transfer case :'(

Have to get a new rubber so hoping to get that today and have her ready by tomorrow, that if we can get the rubber in time.

Other than that, started her up and she is sounding so damn sweet!!!! ;D

Lol I didnt sleep a wink last night!

Awesome news brother, She will be terrorising the streets soon again.

A few pics:

New seals should be at the workshop this morning and will be fitted in the day. If all goes well, I will collect her this afternoon. Covers still to go on and new air filter.

Motor run-in. Dropped her of at FRnR on Saturday afternoon for the oil change and tune. All should be complete by the end of this week. Let see what she does:jump:

Reactions: s3dave
Water meth has been fitted last week. We didnt end up using the Bosch 044 as the in-tank pump could not meet demands of the 044. Oil change was done and the 1st map loaded.

I must say that I am extremely impressed with the figures so far. 337whp and 402nm @ 1.5bar boost :icon_thumright:

Can't wait to see what she does with a bit more tuning later on.

A huge shout out to Revesh and Leon at FRnR Tuning!!! You guys rock!!! :rock:

Reactions: Ashley =1.8T=, s3dave and Gizmo20VT
1.8T 20V AMK rebored to 1870cc (1.9L)
GT2871R .84 housing
76mm DP and exhaust
Siemens Deka 630cc injectors @ 4 bar
Inline Bosch 190LPH Fuel Pump
Tial F38 Wastegate with screamer pipe
Honda S2000 filter
Catch Can
FMIC
Calico Main bearings
Calico Rod bearings
IE Cam pulley bolt
IE Crank dampner bolt
ARP Head bolts IE 144x20 rods
JE 83mm pistons
ARP main studs
Devils Own DVC30 progressive meth kit
20v AUQ head
Button/copper clutch (4 puck)
FRnR Custom map

Collection update:

I picked my cab yesterday afternoon and all I can say is HOLLY MOTHER F$#^ER!!!!

1st gear is manageable, 2nd gear is just crazy, she battles for traction and by 3rd its just scary!!!

Took my SO for a spin last night and she jumped out the car trembling lol

Once again, huge shout out to Leon and Revesh at FRnR Tunning SA!!! You guys have built an absolute monster!

Reactions: s3dave