My 3.0 se avant !

Stubie

Reaction score
Recently sold my mkv golf R32 and suprisingly got a very good price for it, especially as they're not selling !

b3c8484e.jpg

My wife had a Scirocco twincharge in may , which in all fairness made the R redundant !

Found this on pistonheads , And went to have a mooch !

9ab1e001.jpg

I initially wanted a sport but this was fairly priced with FSH and only 63k on the clock !
It's a 2003 3.0 se Quattro !
Only let down is the grandpa walnut trim (eurggh)

0db27b28.jpg

Very surprised as it has more extras than my last car (Bose , full leather , parking sensors, bluetooth, electric memory seats, cruise, etc, etc)
Deal was done then picked it up a couple of days later !

Got it home and gave it a bath !

e34d82ff.jpg

I'm looking at changing the wheels but i want an OEM feel , so the search begins lol !!

It's booked in next friday to have lowering springs put on , as it's on stilts lol (i've already got some spacers off the golf in the garage) !!

Here's my first mod !

12d0b3c2.jpg

Also doing the rest of the trim ! Ordered some black mats from Audi, some plate surrounds and a richbrook Quattro tax disc holder of the bay !

I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as i am !!

Very nice mate. Is the wraping easy to do?

ha ha nice one looks tidy we had a 3.0q avant and loved it and even though it was a sport/manual/full gmbh etc it still had wood which i never heard the end of (her indoors) for the entire time of ownership!

Finally taken a pic of the avant now it's lowered !
Eibach springs , not sure what the official lowering measurement is , but it's dropped loads ( technical term ) !
Next up is spacers as I'm keeping the wheels ! Ideas ??
Any comments welcome !
a625c31c.jpg

Whats the offset of those wheels as they are?

Once you know that you can work out what spacers you need to give an ET of 32-35 depending on what look you're after. I've always had good results with H&R spacers.

im looking at Eibachs, what drop did you go for as want it lower than yours' not mega but just nice, they do the pro and street, which one did you go for

Not too sure ! Trusted my Indy tbh. Didn't want any lower , because next summer it'll be loaded with camping stuff , roof box, 2 kids etc !!

Whats the offset of those wheels as they are?

Once you know that you can work out what spacers you need to give an ET of 32-35 depending on what look you're after. I've always had good results with H&R spacers.

As far as I'm aware they're standard audi ! I'm assuming they're Et 45 !

Are they OEM?

I'm happy to be corrected here as I'm far from sure, but they're B5 RS4 wheels and I don't think (?) they were fitted to any other Audi model - if I'm right and they're reps then the offset could be anything. Easiest to pop one off and have a look, or the spare?

Are they OEM?

I'm happy to be corrected here as I'm far from sure, but they're B5 RS4 wheels and I don't think (?) they were fitted to any other Audi model - if I'm right and they're reps then the offset could be anything. Easiest to pop one off and have a look, or the spare?

You're probably right ! I noticed one of the other guys with the same age SE has the same wheels ! Hopefully when my modding pot is full again I'll be looking at some new rims. These ones are in need of a good refurb !

i have a set of these in 18" flavour and mine are genuine with et43. i believe mine were an option on b6/7 s4?

Popped the centrecap off earlier to discover all the info about my wheels
9918e91a.jpg

Pleasantly surprised that theyre OEM with an ET of 43 !!

Did a few odds and sods on the avant today !
Fitted aero wipers
DDCC83AB-AE7B-4ED3-BBEA-E89CA53101E6-6317-000005C7C97FDE93.jpg

AD42B038-17D8-404C-BFE4-0D6D4FB96BB4-6317-000005C7ACD0A2B8.jpg

Next job was rear wiper blank and black rings

20D0E2F3-E85E-4100-9ACD-1887D6335EB3-6317-000005C7A8E06E19.jpg

Please excuse the filthy car lol ! Next job to be done today !!

They're Audi aero wipers, bought of Ebay from Vw Teeside !

Where did you get the number plate surround from? I was thinking of getting them for front and rear. Any further-back pictures of the rear? Just to compare against mine as it's almost identical, apart from 3.0 badge ;)

eBay specials mate ! The ones from awesome gti look good too !
I've got them on the front too !