My 2010 S4 avant

Bit different price wise for no real power gain!

agreed and i think the BCS are priced a little high for what they are

Tbh, even the stock exhaust drones under load and at exactly the same points. Milltek is no different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imho, you get power gains from aftermarket exhaust only if you are stock. You do not with the remap.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Yeah I was talking to them as well but ADS got back in touch first and they seem to be just as well respected so I went with them instead, the pricing was virtually identical and Preston is nearer to home for me as well. It should be getting done this thursday all being well! I took the DTUK tuning box off today and have noticed an instant reduction in response from the car and it seems quite a bit quieter as well! I thought I would have a few days stock before getting the 1+ done.

Reactions: scotty76 and xpoweruk
placed an order on a used non resonated Miltek so i really hope the drone is not really loud and annoying

agreed and i think the BCS are priced a little high for what they are
Got mine for a third the price of a miltek and they sound great with no drone

Reactions: Carlos85
Yeah I got mine around half price too

Reactions: ianv5
So I haven’t really had much chance to ‘properly’ get the hammer down but REVO stage 1+ has turned my car into a seriously, seriously quick car! The car doesn’t feel any more aggressive as such when driving or even accelerating such is the smooth linear power delivery but its literally like the car has the same power curve shape but pulls so much harder everywhere and carries on pulling harder and harder the higher it revs... I can believe it’s every bit of 450hp plus... I also had the REVO tcu tune at the same time and to be honest I am very impressed with that as well. It feels like it has just made the gearbox more intelligent for what I want and smoother when I am just pootling around but then the shifts are noticeably quicker when pushing on... all in all I am very impressed!!
e2f314abe12d18dbaf268cfbbc4086c8.jpg

Reactions: xpoweruk, dimitar.tuntov.5, scotty76 and 4 others
This cold / sleety weather hasn't been giving me many opportunities to open the taps but on the few occasions that it has I have been staggered by the rate that the car builds speed. The supercharger whine is slightly more prevalent now (not a problem it sounds awesome) and the DSG farts seem to be a bit less frequent which I think may be due to the fact that the gearbox changes gear quicker now, I cannot wait to get some dry weather so that I can get out for a bit of a drive and stretch its legs a bit, the main issue is going to be not stretching them too far now as it gets into 3 figures at a ridiculous rate of knots! Once I manage to get out for a proper drive I will put together a proper review with my thoughts on it all, I think the next upgrade will probably be a RARB to sharpen the handling up a bit and then I am debating on fitting a RS4 grill or similar and getting some darker coloured wheels....

The list goes on!

Reactions: yusuf7869, V6_Man and ianv5
Pulley and tune makes the car loads better but still very drivable due to the linear power delivery.

I had loads of fun drag racing yesterday and comfortably beat a c63 amg bi-turbo v8 over the 1/4 mile. That's a £68k car!

Reactions: Carlos85 and V6_Man
This cold / sleety weather hasn't been giving me many opportunities to open the taps but on the few occasions that it has I have been staggered by the rate that the car builds speed. The supercharger whine is slightly more prevalent now (not a problem it sounds awesome) and the DSG farts seem to be a bit less frequent which I think may be due to the fact that the gearbox changes gear quicker now, I cannot wait to get some dry weather so that I can get out for a bit of a drive and stretch its legs a bit, the main issue is going to be not stretching them too far now as it gets into 3 figures at a ridiculous rate of knots! Once I manage to get out for a proper drive I will put together a proper review with my thoughts on it all, I think the next upgrade will probably be a RARB to sharpen the handling up a bit and then I am debating on fitting a RS4 grill or similar and getting some darker coloured wheels....

The list goes on!
I have been running Stage 1+ revo for a year and it still makes me smile! I have replaced the rear arb with the 034 motorsport one and fitted Eibach sport 30mm lowering springs. Car certainly corners flatter than before. Also replaced backboxes with BCS ones for a better sound! Contemplated the RS4 grill but why pretend you are driving an RS4. Would rather have a sleeper S4 that is faster than the RS anyway! Also you will only be able to get the grill without rings soon due to copyright laws apparently!

Yeah I know what you mean I am not 100% that I want to go all black everything it's just an idea so far really... I do want to change the wheels as although the 18's do look good and contribute to the sleeper effect I just think that another design and probably 19's will look a bit better. I would be tempted to do the eibach's but I don't want to make the car too low that its a pain, coming off and on my drive is already quite close now and I have to be careful not to catch the front by coming off at anything more than a snails pace.

Yeah I know what you mean I am not 100% that I want to go all black everything it's just an idea so far really... I do want to change the wheels as although the 18's do look good and contribute to the sleeper effect I just think that another design and probably 19's will look a bit better. I would be tempted to do the eibach's but I don't want to make the car too low that its a pain, coming off and on my drive is already quite close now and I have to be careful not to catch the front by coming off at anything more than a snails pace.
Doesn't actually drop the car 30 mm as it is lower anyway prob 10mm. I am running 19s and they look good. Also running 10mm spacers at the front and 12 mm at the back with no rubbing.

Let me know if you are selling your 18” as I am in the market for 18” for my other B8.

595f1cd8983715370cb4248dbbfa9782.jpg
4cf76b3b42fb905237b2aafcbb391282.jpg

Just a cheeky little addition

Reactions: Klickflip and yusuf7869
What non resonated section did you add to yours the X pipe or the rear back box delete

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The non-resonated milltek basically entails the removal of the back boxes for straight pipes, The X-pipe is a different mod altogether really.

Well today I set off rather briskly in the ******* rain...
17736eb67a8041d4aca8cbcf556e3c4f.jpg

Reactions: xpoweruk, jdp1962, TechNick and 1 other person
Added a couple more horsepower today...
f47a4c35c32875f1ef9bb011065119b6.jpg

I am wondering if anyone has fitted a hardrace RARB at all? It looks like its the same thickness as the 034 item for a much lower price, it isn't adjustable but I can't imagine that many people actually change the hole once it is fitted anyway's, so this would just be the same as the 034 in its stiffest setting I am guessing?

I think the S5 and the S4 are the same fitments anyway under the car but I have messaged them to check and make sure and then I might give them a try as the 034 is almost twice the price of this!

http://www.hardrace.co.uk/a4-09-13-a5-08-13-s5-08-11-sway-bar-rear-25-4mm-3pcs-set.html

I am wondering if anyone has fitted a hardrace RARB at all? It looks like its the same thickness as the 034 item for a much lower price, it isn't adjustable but I can't imagine that many people actually change the hole once it is fitted anyway's, so this would just be the same as the 034 in its stiffest setting I am guessing?

I think the S5 and the S4 are the same fitments anyway under the car but I have messaged them to check and make sure and then I might give them a try as the 034 is almost twice the price of this!

http://www.hardrace.co.uk/a4-09-13-a5-08-13-s5-08-11-sway-bar-rear-25-4mm-3pcs-set.html
S5 standard ARB has a larger diameter than the standard S4 one.

Just got some footage with a new camera mount on my car that gives a better idea of the sound.

I am surprised by how loud it can be and then how quiet it is when you are just behaving and pootling around normally.

Sounds Schweet! I see you have a bumper protector on. I’m looking for one that fits nicely and doesn’t look crap , plus importantly will protect from taking flight cases out and my assistants being lazy and careless!
Is that a carbon fibre effect one ? And is it the flexible stick on ones or a solid plastic affair, where did you get it from.
I’ve seen some on eBay and a car parts website , but not convinced on how they sit and will look as the stock photos are generic .

Sounds Schweet! I see you have a bumper protector on. I’m looking for one that fits nicely and doesn’t look **** , plus importantly will protect from taking flight cases out and my assistants being lazy and careless!
Is that a carbon fibre effect one ? And is it the flexible stick on ones or a solid plastic affair, where did you get it from.
I’ve seen some on eBay and a car parts website , but not convinced on how they sit and will look as the stock photos are generic .

Yeah it is a carbon fibre effect one, it was a thick sticker basically but seems to be doing the a good job. I can't remember where exactly I got it from but I can have a look if you want? You might be able to see slightly better in this pic

eb7ad5badd6897e97982c690ce8958fe.jpg

Reactions: Russboy and Buxton2901
Yeah it is a carbon fibre effect one, it was a thick sticker basically but seems to be doing the a good job. I can't remember where exactly I got it from but I can have a look if you want? You might be able to see slightly better in this pic

eb7ad5badd6897e97982c690ce8958fe.jpg

I'd be interested to know where it came from as well, got a mark on mine from one of my German Shepherds jumping in sideways (he's a bit of a ****!) and this would cover it nicely.

Reactions: CHEZ and Klickflip
Great price ! Mind is it more of a scratch protector , than say a hard cover that would protect from a case being dropped on it?
Other ones I was looking at were £40-70 but they were hard plastic , but pretty ugly and suspect on fitting neatly.

Think I’ll give it a try for that price tho , like the look of the black carbon fibre on a black car.

Cheers @Carlos85

Yeah it's deffo more of a scratch protector than anything else... It was mostly for the dog jumping in and out of the boot really so I didn't need much more than that.

No worries

Reactions: Klickflip
That's great, thanks, that's me sold!

Turned up on Friday, fitted yesterday, even hides a blemish or two :icon thumright:

26221764938_a8427b5ea8_k.jpg

39197015215_531b6fcec4_k.jpg

Reactions: Klickflip, TechNick, Carlos85 and 2 others
Bought it off a guy on RS246.com who lives down the road from me. Not sure what make it is but was about £400 new he said, gave him £70 for it. It's not a perfect fit if i'm honest & really need a nice warm day & to get it up on a ramp to make it perfect, but it was cheap.

Also bought roof bars off of him for £25 & 4 x 15mm spacers and bolts for £100, although not using them now.