My 2010 S4 avant

I think that my February 2011 S4 6MT got its Milltek with single black ovals when it was almost brand new, I know that it removes an S# "style tag" from the car, but it works for me.

Reactions: Carlos85
liking the exhaust and the black ovals deff the right choice IMO and much less hastle to look after

Yeah deffo true! If anything I think it’s quieter than the standard exhaust most of the time but Just fractionally louder when you press the loud pedal! I am tempted to get a non-res section if I see one cheap though... also just rolled against a brand new M4 from 20 top motorway ish speeds and my car was level pegging it the whole way... he had a surprised look on his face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roadrunner146, Chop., V6_Man and 1 other person
Yeah deffo true! If anything I think it’s quieter than the standard exhaust most of the time but Just fractionally louder when you press the loud pedal! I am tempted to get a non-res section if I see one cheap though... also just rolled against a brand new M4 from 20 top motorway ish speeds and my car was level pegging it the whole way... he had a surprised look on his face!

Exactly why I want an S4, wolf in sheep's clothing
Should stick a tdi badge on the back lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man, jdp1962 and Carlos85
How did you get the power supply cable through on the tuning box? I'm trying to find an obvious point rather than drill through plastic!

No drilling required, I fed the power cable through a felt grommit. If you look at the engine bay from the front of the car it was just by the right hand suspension strut. On the attached picture it goes through just where the actual unit is. I can get more pics if required but might not be for a few days... deffo don’t drill anything though.

0817dac2f91c86df7a7d4887e7a8f270.heic

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Ah - sorted! You still on 3.1? I've out it on that and took for a quick spin and I could feel a difference straight away, but will five it a proper test in the evening.

Doing the pedal kit in a few days

Yeah in will be staying on that one I think after much experimenting that seems to work best for my car with my mods. You will have to let me know how you get on with it! It still catches me by surprise, the roll on speed is incredible!

Just had this little piece arrive from China, for the sake of £13.50 I thought it was worth a punt... I’ll try and get it fitted on the weekend if I can...

0725f533493302a5d489efb352030d7c.heic

Reactions: jdp1962 and V6_Man
Just had this little piece arrive from China, for the sake of £13.50 I thought it was worth a punt... I’ll try and get it fitted on the weekend if I can...

0725f533493302a5d489efb352030d7c.heic

What is it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

034 motorsports make one but it’s about £80 so I took a punt on this to see if it fits properly as it’s a hell of a saving!

034 motorsports make one but it’s about £80 so I took a punt on this to see if it fits properly as it’s a hell of a saving!

I have that, and it fits just fine.

Reactions: V6_Man and Carlos85
I have the same one like @jdp1962 and it fits easily and goes in the void. The gear changes (on Auto) are a lot smoother compared to one without it. No more downshift jerks from 2-1 specially.

I have the same one like @jdp1962 and it fits easily and goes in the void. The gear changes (on Auto) are a lot smoother compared to one without it. No more downshift jerks from 2-1 specially.

Might have to try one. Easy to fit? Do you need to be a full blown Audi Tech

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrbubba and Carlos85
Had mine sat in it's box for freaking ages! Will have to try and fit it Saturday before heading to AITP so I can test it out heading up the M5

Reactions: Carlos85 and V6_Man
Just fitted it this morning, went for a quick run around and the gear change 1-2 and 2-1 is noticeably smoother as are the rest of the changes in D. I will have a bit of a play in the other gearbox settings but deffo worth it for £13.50!!

33779feecf653d3f2af2f969dba984fa.heic

Reactions: jdp1962, xpoweruk and V6_Man
Love this angle of the car especially when it’s clean, I think the black oval tips look awesome. I was a bit worried it would look like a wannabe RS4 but it doesn’t so that’s good! After a bit more driving I can confirm that the gearbox mount has made a massive difference to the smoothness of the car and changes feel so much better in all modes at all levels of attack haha...

e822b4b1f20be00abff8fde2b9853fb6.heic

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro, Bristle Hound and V6_Man
Looks really nice @Carlos85. Have you considered changing the rear diffuser. I know an S4 is an S4 and therefore shouldn't look like an RS but the RS rear diffuser makes the car a lot more aggressive from the back and really compliments the oval tips.

@Tashfeen It’s not something I have looked into really, is it an easy change? Does the Audi part fit or is it an aftermarket piece?

Reactions: V6_Man
Aftermarket. Try xenonz uk as well as XP's build thread to give you a few ideas on which one would look better, if any.

http://www.xenonz.co.uk/

For my B8.5 it was a straight forward 5 minutes job and I am sure it will be the same for B8.

The xenonz one seems to be for A4 and not S4 unless I am missing something on the website. Deffo worth looking into though!

I have seen it fitted to a B8 S4 - met the guy at MRC when I had mine in for the remap. Also a colleague at work had the RS grille and diffuser fitted to his A5 to make it look like an RS . I'd give them a call to check. Also, there are a lot of options available on eBay.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s the one that I had seen but it says to fit SE bumper so didn’t think it would fit... might give them an ask when I have some free money!

I am sure @xpoweruk will be able to find a really good deal. Never came across an ebayer as expert as he is

I've only ever seen those for the SE bumper :( Would have one myself if they made them for us

I ordered it from here https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/172675504097

It took a few weeks to come as it came from China but when it did it was very high quality and when I fitted it, it went on perfectly and all lined up as it should as shown...
6894889b7c263d1e8aa118320ae11abb.heic

All for the bargain price of £13.50, as far as I can tell it’s the same as the 034 mount Just made by someone else with access to a machine shop

Reactions: mrbubba, jdp1962 and xpoweruk
Well had a trip down to awesome gti today for a service, all is well with the car but gonna need some new front pads and discs soonish that they flagged up. What are people running? I have terrible brake squeal at low speeds under light pressure on the pedal that I would like to eliminate as well if possible at the same time.

Also needs a clean now!

8f8316cb56ae622b2acffec54db78bf9.heic

@Carlos85; re brakes and discs it depends what you want and how you drive. Stock discs and pads are fine it you are not planning on taking the car to the track. Stock pads create **** loads of dust though but they do the job for day-to-day use.

Re: the brake-squeal; get use to it as it gets worse in winter months. It is embarrassing but I have been living with them for the last 6/7 months now.

Reactions: xpoweruk
@Carlos85; re brakes and discs it depends what you want and how you drive. Stock discs and pads are fine it you are not planning on taking the car to the track. Stock pads create **** loads of dust though but they do the job for day-to-day use.

Re: the brake-squeal; get use to it as it gets worse in winter months. It is embarrassing but I have been living with them for the last 6/7 months now.

Yeah it’s really embarrassing! I am sure that aftermarket pads will solve it though, it seems that people have used red stuff pads and mintex as well I believe but just wondered people’s opinions. Prices seem to vary massively and I just wanted to know I was getting something tried and tested before I spend the cash really.

As for use it’s just fast road driving, no track work at all.

Cheers,

Carl

Redstuff has been recommended to me too. I would also look into EBC/ ECS 2-piece rotors. Read some good reviews on Audizine.

Yeah they do look pretty expensive though if they are the ones I have seen they are £600+ a pair I think... I just don’t think I will get enough out of them to make it worth that much more than normal ones

Imho, I’ll stick with stock rotors and redstuff. Low dust and better braking.

Imho, I’ll stick with stock rotors and redstuff. Low dust and better braking.

That’s the way I am leaning as well to be fair

I never used to have brake squeel but put in some fresh pagid pads a few months back and now get plenty! Got told pagid do 2 compounds, one has anti squeel stuff in it and the other doesn't, and it's pretty much pot luck what you get from Euro car parts etc. Im swapping them out for red stuff pads asap

Reactions: V6_Man and Carlos85