My 2010 S3 Sportback Black Edition Progress Thread!

wow. safe to say about time after all you've done to the s3. :)

sure hope they bring the rs3 down in Australia soon

Nice that. Just said to my girlfriend one day I'll own an RS3.

Reactions: Hoesty
UK and Europe got good price tag on the 8p rs3s. I imagine it'll be the 8V only when if it reaches Oz and around the 90k aud mark for a sportback brand new.
Congrats man.

Someone lucky will be grabbing a mint s3... that's if you're selling it.

Not content with having my favourite S3 you've ordered one of the best looking RS3's I've seen to date !!!! Well done mate.

I got my car from shaks, not a bad bunch. Couple of problems with mine when I picked it up but was very quickly resolved. Shak is a true gent.

Have you been to the dealership? It's in quite a strange location lol.

Also how many of your mods are transferable to the rs3?

The suspension mods are interchangeable. The intake, cooler etc are not.

You've had me looking at RS3's now!!
The purchase price almost manageable but not sure what fuel costs would be doing nearly 300 miles a week!

Reactions: grchmason
That's the first thing I did, checked Autotrader and Pistonheads, could become financially viable next year for me. House first though.

I would love a 3 door RS3 but Audi are sad and don't make one so I'll stick with a 2+ S3, should be faster and cheaper to run but each to to their own.

Reactions: Dave-S3 and grchmason
So I went down to SSC in Huddersfield last Thursday to view this Daytona Grey RS3.

Not as tidy as it looks in the pics, not worth the premium money they're asking but he had warned me before coming down that this was the case and it was not a stock car he was listing it for a friend as a favour.
The big deal breaker for me though was the roof rails were not genuine and had just been bonded on, totally no good to me as I often carry a big mountain bike or two on the roof.

Anyway he suggested I come into the showroom and have a look at another two he had inside, both Ibis white, well right away I fell in love with a lovely 13 plate one.

It's IMMACULATE, it could pass for a week old not 18 months old. It's done 8000 miles just and is one of the very last RS3's registered in the country in March last year on a 13 plate.

Borrowed a paint depth gauge of my trusted detailing guru and went right over it looking for any signs of repairs, the car literally does not have a mark on it and there's no repairs or anything.

It's outstandingly specced

Buckets
Alu pack
Silver wheels (mint and I prefer them to the diamond cut tbh)
Alcantara steering wheel, shifter and handbrake
Privacy glass
Through load
Cruise
Bose
Folding/Heated mirrors
High beam assist
Audi lights/wipers
Adaptive cornering headlights
Home link door/gate opener

It drives like a new car, stunning car to drive I literally was blown away with how different they drive compared to the S3, feels so much more planted and eager.

Big bonus is that it's also in Audi warranty until March 2018

I got it for an excellent price and got a superb trade in price for my S3 Sportback (£2k more than any Audi dealer would offer against any of their cars I checked last week)

1_zps8a48afd1.jpg~original

4_zps6b30be79.jpg~original

3_zps4f737403.jpg~original

2_zps3d90c0bf.jpg~original

7_zps87f45507.jpg~original

8_zps5cbb8b95.jpg~original

11_zps2fcde5bf.jpg~original

9_zps82157cf0.jpg~original

10_zps0f54b911.jpg~original

5_zpse0eb47b1.jpg~original

6_zps5d483c2e.jpg~original

So spent the week stripping off the bits from my Sprint S3 which was a bit sad to be honest but all done now and off to collect the RS3 on Saturday morning.

Cant wait!

Reactions: spencer361, TomL83, Hoesty and 2 others
Congrats on the purchase what happened with the slipping clutch then?

Congrats on the purchase what happened with the slipping clutch then?

Never did it again, very odd, really hammered it too to try and get it to slip again but nada!

I was completely honest with SSC and told them about it but they're fine with it as long as it's not slipping when I take it in which it aint)

Never did it again, very odd, really hammered it too to try and get it to slip again but nada!

I was completely honest with SSC and told them about it but they're fine with it as long as it's not slipping when I take it in which it aint)
Fair enough! Well you won't have to worry about clutches slipping now you've got yourself an S-Tronic...

Any mods planned lol or is it still early days? Looking forward to a thread similar to this one!

Looks the dogs Muzza, bucket seats too, nice. Stage 1 tune takes it over 400 can't wait to see it develop. Interested to know how it's different to the S3 handling power etc. is it that much different to to a stage 2+?

When I was looking at RS3s SSC appeared to have lots of RS3s. So quite nice to hear your story of the daytona grey

Lovely car mate. Very jealous. First dibs on the wheels if you wanna sell?

Haha. RS3 looks so good in the flesh. I park next to one everyday at work. Very envious!

Wow that RS3 is amazing.

That's something I would like to own in a few years time.

your whip is stunning. I am also doing the rear diffuser and front splitter LA6P. Can you do me a big favor please? Take a picture of your rear fender wheel well. I am looking specifically for the area where the rear fender liner meets the diffuser/bumper. Thanks in advance