My 2010 Audi A3 Sportback S-line Black Edition with some minor mods

Lee78

Reaction score
I love my my recently bought 2010 A3 2.0 tdi sportback black edition having previously owned a 2005 tdi sport,
I know I've been here a while but thought I'd share a few pics of my latest addition... As per title. I've had her a couple of months and started with some minor cosmetic mods, namely...

Exterior; private plate, Rs3 style grill, black badges and rings, brushed aluminium wing mirror covers.

Interior; aluminium pedals, RNS-e install, interior LEDs, oem car mats.

My next plans for the summer are going to be a stage 1 Remap. I'm looking into side skirts and refurbish the alloys in gloss black . Thought I'd share some photos so far.
On arrival...

The minor mods begin with RNS-e upgrade

Aluminium Pedals

LED interior lights upgrade

RS3 Style grill

Brushed aluminium wing mirror covers and black s-line badges

Gloss Black rings

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    743 KB · Views: 775
Reactions: Hookmonster, TorqueTerrorist, Purple Tom and 1 other person
Looking sweet mate! Love the grill, about to get myself a RS3 style grill for my baby, is it easy enough to fit?

Love the pedals, where did you get them from? Going to pick up that grille for my A3 soon.

Looking sweet mate! Love the grill, about to get myself a RS3 style grill for my baby, is it easy enough to fit?
cheers mate, yeah was just a matter of removing front bumper. I followed a guide on here. I did it with help from a mate but as long as your confident with removing bolts in the wheel arches Etc and have an extra pair of hands to help. Fits perfect.
Love the pedals, where did you get them from? Going to pick up that grille for my A3 soon.
Hi I love em too. I got them from this fella on EBay. Pretty fast delivery and great price. No probs coming from Europe too. Oem pedals and took minutes to fit...
q-40.jpg

View item:
Audi A3 S3 RS3 8P NEW OEM pedals original genuine Audi pedals RHD, best price

End Time: 12 May 2015 08:17:29 BST

Thanks I'll have to pick those up myself, much appreciated.

Yeah nothing too complicated then, thanks for your reply dude!

Have you got the link for the guide you followed at all please, I have roped my brother in to helping me :)

Have you got the link for the guide you followed at all please, I have roped my brother in to helping me :)
I followed this one. Although a slightly older model the screws were pretty much the same. There is mention of removing your wheels but we didn't need to. Just makes accessing the arch liner easier. Once all the screws And bolts removed Unclip your fog light connectors and take care as you unclip the bumper and off it goes. There is a foam support for crash bar. I ditched that and painted the crash bar black. Taking our time it took a couple of hours. Hope this helps mate
Fourtitude.com - DIY: front bumper removal and blackout grille install

A couple of pics installing the new grill

Reactions: leonwilliams and TorqueTerrorist
A few pics captured today after an evening run out .

Next mod planned....
After having a fault show up with the EGR valve, and after giving it some thought, I've gone ahead and booked in for a EGR/DPF delete with Stage 1 remap. Booked in for the 23rd, will update with results...
Got a quote for wrapping the roof and spoiler in gloss black vinyl for £160. Now to decide if I go ahead and get that done.

Reactions: TorqueTerrorist
How much have you been quoted for the EGR and DPF delete with remap mate, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi lee, Where did you get your mud flaps??? looks brill!!!

Reactions: Lee78
Hi lee, Where did you get your mud flaps??? looks brill!!!
Hi, Cheers fella.
The mud flaps came with the car so already fitted, but I'm sure someone on here can help out with a part no. The pedals I got off EBay. There are loads for sale on there that are genuine but I bought off a company in Europe (link above). They only took a few minutes to fit and just add that nicer finish. I got my RNSe from a lad living local who was upgrading his system so bought it second hand after he removed from his Audi. I can't vouch for buying off eBay For the many units sold on there as I have no experience but there will be lots of friendly advice on here if you ask.
Will be updating my thread soon with results of Remap and pics of the roof wrapped in gloss black vinyl

Reactions: K333NYE
some day we will show the S3 boy's dervs have some serious power;); ..............................if you throw some money into it.
shes showing some serious curves out
loving the graphite wheels and oem body

Not bad for diesel powerI can't wait to get her up to 180bhp with Stage 1 remap on 23/06 . I'm then sure it won't be long before I start thinking about Stage 2 and pushing over 200bhp. Best get saving!!!! :moneybag:

Hi, Cheers fella.
The mud flaps came with the car so already fitted, but I'm sure someone on here can help out with a part no. The pedals I got off EBay. There are loads for sale on there that are genuine but I bought off a company in Europe (link above). They only took a few minutes to fit and just add that nicer finish. I got my RNSe from a lad living local who was upgrading his system so bought it second hand after he removed from his Audi. I can't vouch for buying off eBay For the many units sold on there as I have no experience but there will be lots of friendly advice on here if you ask.
Will be updating my thread soon with results of Remap and pics of the roof wrapped in gloss black vinyl

Thanks Lee!! Top guy!! All the wee extras you have done look brill!! Looking forward to hearing about your re map

Thanks Lee!! Top guy!! All the wee extras you have done look brill!! Looking forward to hearing about your re map
Cheers mate. Let me know if you add any extras. I love to see what people do to theirs. I get loads of ideas !!

Reactions: K333NYE
No probs lee Cheers!! Going to go for the black rotor alloys I think next

Soo I've had the Stage 1 Remap completed and I am really pleased with the results. Now running at 175bhp.
I've been out today and can really feel the difference especially in 3rd and 4th gear. The power she pulls is awesome, I love it.
I've also had the roof wrapped in gloss black Vinyl. Won't be to everyone's cup of tea but I've got the look now I was after.
Here's a quick pic I got today.

Now my thoughts head back to the interior... Hmmm I'm thinking leather knee pads with white stitching and handbrake cover. Just need to find them at a reasonable price!!!

Reactions: mechanic69
Cars looking good man! Pleased about the results of the map too
those Audi exclusive pads and cover are so expensive, I've been looking myself!

Cheers pal, Expensive but good, I love the difference they make, subtle
Have you got the pads fitted.? I do think the subtle differences make the biggest impact. I agree they are expensive mind. I'll keep looking

Cars looking good man! Pleased about the results of the map too
those Audi exclusive pads and cover are so expensive, I've been looking myself!
Cheers mate. Def worth doing .

Oh yes,That interior looks sweet. I love the pads, armrests and handbrake all done to match. Cheers for the pics. Def on my to do list now

Lovely car, same colour as mine, I'd lose the black Audi rings at the front and the mud flaps though!

Where did you go for the remap? And did the dpf delete get done also?
I had a remap on my petrol last month. Smile is still on my face after doing it!
Nice car btw.