My 170 Sport thread

Ohhhhh toys

You putting the bluetooth under the seat or at the back of the glovebox?

Ohhhhh toys

havent decided yet, my box hasnt got a plastic cover, and being a 3dr i dont want to damage it when i move the seat to let people in.

Since i sold the passat ive noticed how many phone calls i get when im driving, so bluetooth is a must have, cruise is something ive had on the passat and mk5 golf, and something i use all the time, the armrest having had one in both my other cars is something i miss massively, the one i got has phone prep aswell, but im not worried tbh

Reactions: LEE69
My new parcel shelf has arrived, i found one with the anti dazzle/sun screen net on it from an S3, wish id found it before i went to the hassle of fitting auto dimming mirror lol

ok, so my centre armrest has arrived, as has my Cruise control kit, tomorrow evening im fitting both and a bluetooth module, and running the wires for auto lights and wipers :)

S3 Front brakes are being collected on saturday :)

Blimey mate there's an awful lot of stuff that's not on your car, what about the Pan roof? plans to fit one?

Blimey mate there's an awful lot of stuff that's not on your car, what about the Pan roof? plans to fit one?

haha, im happy with the roof lol, thing is i had a highline B6 passat (fully loaded) and my mk5 i had for 6 yrs so over that time i added a few bits, so although the 170 is a far better car, i miss cruise, auto lights and wiper, bluetooth (i own a garage and my phone rings endlessly) so im adding the comforts :)

Ordered a new set of mats today from TPS, £67 but can claim the VAT back thank god :)

Ohhhhh toys

Lee, ive put mine iunder the centre console, fits perfect, not gonna get damaged :)

You now got the Bluetooth symbol next to the aerial signal on the rnse?

ok need to arrange to shoot over and code my rnse in yours then see if it wakes mine up

Reactions: phil miller
Guess you got the telephone book too and previous calls?

yeah i don't get that i'll message you on facebook

Ok today i ran the repair wire from the headlight switch to the CECM for auto lights, funny how my chrome auto light switch puts the lights on all the time, yet Rachels Auto headlight switch works perfect

Might get a standard auto switch PN 8P2 941 531Q and put the guts in a chrome dialed one

Oh and if the kids keep on doing my head in im gonna go outside and fit my armrest tonight aswell :)

well the twins continued so i went outside.......

measurements taken from rachels A3 (guessed no tape or ruler used lol)

first cut is the deepest

now we have a hole

a little tidying up

now just to bolt it down

nice and easy retrofit

next up is to fit Cruise and 3.2 front calipers and discs

well today i fitted the 3.2 front calipers and discs, first bite isnt great, but hit the pedal hard and it feels like you could do an endo, so maybe pad disc combo isnt great, but for the time being its a massive upgrade, and they fitted behind my stock 17s

I will however have to upgrade the rears to 310mm as the fronts are over powering them

not done much today, apart from washed her, fitted some new OE mats and fitted my 2009 on chrome auto headlight switch, BUT with my upto 08 guts, so everything works as it should :) matches the Q3 heater panel nicely

Ive also had a word with Scott and we/he is going to have a go at making the back lighting on my Q3 panel white, with red for +temp and Blue for - Temp

if that goes to plan then the RNSe and window switches are gonna be changed aswell :)

If you do get the lights on all the switches to be white, you'll be causing me to spend money I shouldnt

:) early next week we start swapping the red to white :)

Ive now fitted Cruise control and today picked up an S-line front bumper :)

Oh! stop it will you. :slap:

Haha, im awful, i love the little comforts/mods that are different but noticable, i will run out of things todo at some point :)

That said im thinking TPMS next

:) early next week we start swapping the red to white :)

Ive now fitted Cruise control and today picked up an S-line front bumper :)

This retrofit is the single best money I've spent on a car in my life to date. I use it all the time, especially in those ****** average 50MPH zones which there are plenty of my way, regardless of which direction I wanna go in.

let me know exactly what smd leds you use and quantity just white though saves me pulling the unit out to check .

This retrofit is the single best money I've spent on a car in my life to date. I use it all the time, especially in those ****** average 50MPH zones which there are plenty of my way, regardless of which direction I wanna go in.

I love cruise, BUT, my mk5 golf i had for 6 yrs if you set the cruise at 70, if you went down a hill the car wouldnt go over 70 regardless, i replaced that with a B6 Passat and that, aswell as the A3 both speed up a little when going down a hill, meant to drive Rachels A3 and see if her factory fit does the same

I love cruise, BUT, my mk5 golf i had for 6 yrs if you set the cruise at 70, if you went down a hill the car wouldnt go over 70 regardless, i replaced that with a B6 Passat and that, aswell as the A3 both speed up a little when going down a hill, meant to drive Rachels A3 and see if her factory fit does the same

Nigel retrofitted my cruise and my car doesn't speed up going down hill nor does it lose speed going up hill...

Nigel retrofitted my cruise and my car doesn't speed up going down hill nor does it lose speed going up hill...

hmm, somethings a miss, with mine if im on the A30 in the 40 limit and go down a hill it will increase speed to about 44mph, which (the passat was the same and that was factory fit) is a pain in the backside :(

Cruise doesn't use the brakes at all, only controls the throttle I thought. If you go down a steep hill gravity takes over I would have thought.

I've got cruise in my works van it's a 13 reg VW Transporter and if I'm not in a low gear and im going downhill then as said above gravity takes over and away you go

hmm, somethings a miss, with mine if im on the A30 in the 40 limit and go down a hill it will increase speed to about 44mph, which (the passat was the same and that was factory fit) is a pain in the backside :(

Mine definitely doesn't just go like that, I've never seen my cruise 4mph over the speed at which it was set.

Cruise doesn't use the brakes at all, only controls the throttle I thought. If you go down a steep hill gravity takes over I would have thought.

I dunno but one thing I will say - my car seems to have super duper engine braking capability. Perhaps it's my DSG box I dunno but even during normal driving on roads where my last car would run away the Audi holds itself and maybe maximum a 1 or 2mph increase is seen.

I checked mine today at 90mph and down hill it didnt speed up, could be that 40 in 5th or 6th is just asking to much, i will try 4th :)

I've got cruise in my works van it's a 13 reg VW Transporter and if I'm not in a low gear and im going downhill then as said above gravity takes over and away you go

Yep, thats what i think is happening :)

Oh and today i fitted my Sline front bumper :), the H11 foglight plugs are arriving tomorrow, all thats left is

S3 rear brakes
2011 rear lights
2011 rear bumper and lower defuser
and a set or Audi Rota 18s

:)

but then the white RNSe and heater panel will look smart :)

I hope that video helps you Phil ;)

Can we have pics of the white light in the heater panel/switches please

your chrome light switch leaves the lights on all the time indicating theres an error .its a fail safe to make sure youre not left without lighting .

your chrome light switch leaves the lights on all the time indicating theres an error .its a fail safe to make sure youre not left without lighting .

Yeah, what i done was get an auto H/light switch that worked on mine, i think took the C/board out and fitted it in the chrome switch, works perfect :)

Reactions: hollows wife
I drove 530miles today to go to nottingham, on the way home i ave 50.3 on cruise, im happy with that

this morning i swapped the AUX wires to the 32 pin plug, i followed this guide http://audiretrofit.quinlivan.net/rnseauxin

BUT sound is perfect from the left speakers but from the right it sounds weak IE you can hardly hear it :(, i dont use the AUX much and i did go RIGHT pin 6 and LEFT pin 22

any ideas?

also that 32 pin plug what else can be connected to that to use through the RNSe?