My 1/4 mile time at GTI International S3 8P3 DSG

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just thought I would post my 1/4 mile time from GTI Inters at Shakespeare Country Raceway on Saturday at 14:15. It was a good day, I met a few of the forum users and had a lovely cheese burger courtesy of ASN at the stand. Thank you!!

I wish I could've stayed for longer as it turned into a nice day but unfortunately I had to leave to go over to Lincolnshire as we were going to visit friends and stay overnight.

I was in two minds whether to run or not as my car was weighed down with bags of clothes, shoes and hair appliances (blame the girl I was with) as well as some presents. I watched others run and then thought why not. I went down to register and got in my car and queued. I was a bit nervous as this is my first ever 1/4 mile run in the S3 and I was worried about something breaking.

I approached the start line and looked across and realised I was going up against a blue RS6.

The lights changed but the marshalls started flagging because matey next to me had crept over the line. This distracted me but my light was green so I went for it!!

My times are below.

Reaction - 1.70032
60 - 2.198
330 - 5.655
660 - 8.53196
MPH1 - 85.30
990 - 10.953
1320 - 13.13676
MPH2 - 106.93

I loved it, it was a great feeling and the car held out. I will be doing it again but not too often, maybe 3 per year max.

I was happy with my time as I was carrying a lot of extra weight, it would've been good to do more runs and compare to some of the other S3s but time was against me and I had to leave.

Reactions: Kelza, Sandra, RS3dan and 1 other person
Great news and sounds like you had a fantastic time!!!!!!!!!

Well done fella!

Reactions: Forbzeeee
How about Santa pod next month dude? I wanted to do it but none of the others seemed bothered....
I'll only have about 2 goes mind as I don't like thrashing mine either :)
I really wanted to see the difference between a stage 1 (mine) and a stage 2+

It's great fun.
I went up the strip 11 times, the cars are stronger than you think. In my diesel estate I don't really have much to lose as people don't expect it to be fast when they see a TDI badge on the boot.
Managed a best of 13.35 seconds at 104.8 mph. Beat a selection of S3's an S5 and a few other cars.

Karl.

Reactions: Ron burgundy
Karl, that's a really good time mate, well done. Glad you enjoyed it. Do you know if they publish the runs/times per Class anywhere?

How about Santa pod next month dude? I wanted to do it but none of the others seemed bothered....
I'll only have about 2 goes mind as I don't like thrashing mine either :)
I really wanted to see the difference between a stage 1 (mine) and a stage 2+

I'm not sure if I will run again as this is my daily driver that I use for work but what's at Santa Pod next month? I thought more Audis would've run at the Inters but like you say not many were interested.