Music via iTunes to a sd card

T

Tristan2

im getting no album artwork and a lot of the tracks are coming up m4a

Several threads dealing with this on here. You may have to use MP3Tag software to get the artwork.

Lack of artwork is most likely due to the album artwork image size. Tech pack high limit is 800x800 and non tech pack 500x500.

I tend to download the artwork then resize appropriately using Paint (Windows app) then going into iTunes deleting the original and then replacing with the resized version. Then drag and drop from iTunes folder onto the SD card. Bit of a PITA but it works for me.

Reactions: pburv and Tristan2
Does the Tech Pack get the default genre type artwork from the MP3 itself? I had a track play the other day that I'd converted myself from vinyl and it said it was classical with some fella playing a violin in the pic. I'll have to check the file, but I never usually set a genre when ripping vinyl, so I was puzzled as to where the car got that idea from...

Reactions: pburv
Does the Tech Pack get the default genre type artwork from the MP3 itself? I had a track play the other day that I'd converted myself from vinyl and it said it was classical with some fella playing a violin in the pic. I'll have to check the file, but I never usually set a genre when ripping vinyl, so I was puzzled as to where the car got that idea from...

I've also had a generic artwork image too and wondered where it had came from - I think you're right the car does its own thing based on genre.

Reactions: pburv
It definitely weren't a classical track, more an eighties soul/dance typa fing.

And how come sometimes it does that and sometimes doesn't have anything in the artwork box?

ETA: I've checked the file now and it definitely doesn't have anything in the genre selection, so the car has chosen that for itself!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird. Assume the MMI goes out over the Internet to get something if nothing exists in the file.
Use freeware mp3tag on the PC to get and embed the correct artwork - simple.

That's weird. Assume the MMI goes out over the Internet to get something if nothing exists in the file.
Use freeware mp3tag on the PC to get and embed the correct artwork - simple.

None of our S3's are connected in Aussie (disabled) so not possible for the MMI to do that and yet we still get the genre artwork used where no artwork is provided or not recognised. Seems to get it right as well.