Music Media (A3 8Y)

Glnaudis2

Reaction score
I’m a newbie here,
Got an 8V Saloon Black Edition which I love, but PCP up soon. Have an Edition 1 8Y due to go into build later this month (hope it’s as good). I have 3000 music files on an SD card permanently in the SD reader in the glovebox. Could anyone tell me if there’s a card reader in the 8Y or alternatively has anyone used a memory stick in the USB-C port for music as an alternative to CarPlay etc ?

I’m a newbie here,
Got an 8V Saloon Black Edition which I love, but PCP up soon. Have an Edition 1 8Y due to go into build later this month (hope it’s as good). I have 3000 music files on an SD card permanently in the SD reader in the glovebox. Could anyone tell me if there’s a card reader in the 8Y or alternatively has anyone used a memory stick in the USB-C port for music as an alternative to CarPlay etc ?
Can't confirm if a USB-C Memory Stick will work but there is no card reader in the glovebox on the 8Y.

Reactions: Glnaudis2
I’m a newbie here,

USB-C adapter to USB then used a Memory Stick and it worked ok - Put it in USB-C one (Nearest the passenger) as that one comes on straight away

Reactions: Glnaudis2
Thanks S15THM and Sparks43. This gives me the info I wanted and time to prepare...looking forwards to hearing the B&O upgrade.

Ahh, this is what I dreaded, my first 2 VAG cars came with SD card slot (with CD player) in the glove compartment, Oh, guessing CD player doesn't exist either on these 8Y A3s? My current car has a old school USB slot inside the armrest and CD player, now I guess as you mentioned, need to find a usb C to USB reader, else a usb-C thumbdrive, not cheap though!
Looking forward to the B&O though...anyone knows if it can play FLAC or lossless? Or even has a CD slot?

Ahh, this is what I dreaded, my first 2 VAG cars came with SD card slot (with CD player) in the glove compartment, Oh, guessing CD player doesn't exist either on these 8Y A3s? My current car has a old school USB slot inside the armrest and CD player, now I guess as you mentioned, need to find a usb C to USB reader, else a usb-C thumbdrive, not cheap though!
Looking forward to the B&O though...anyone knows if it can play FLAC or lossless? Or even has a CD slot?

The adapter I got wasn't expensive - £6.99

Anker USB-C to USB 3.1 Adapter

What happens if we put a USB (normal one) with music on it into the regular (non USB C) slot? Will it play music or that's only for mobiles for AA or ACP?

What happens if we put a USB (normal one) with music on it into the regular (non USB C) slot? Will it play music or that's only for mobiles for AA or ACP?
If you’ve got a normal usb it should work - the later cars don’t have that option as they have 2 usb-c slots

Well since the A3 Sport is due sometime probably in end 2nd quarter, I will assume it will come with 2x USB Cs.