Multitronic problem

AidyH1

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a 1.8t avant sline 109.000 miles every now and then the car feels like it knocks itself out of gear and the prnds flashes sometimes it goes back into gear sometimes it doesnt and I have to stop. When the lights flash I have no drive forward or reverse but when in neutral it will rev like hell
someone help thank yoy

Your gearbox ECU needs reprogramming. ECU testing did mine. Don't be fooled into believing the gearbox is kaput

Thanks for that sl4ve have you had an experience similar to mine. Where did you get the programming done?

ECU testing did the reprogramming. Google them. Local mechanic took out the ECU and did oil swap when putting it in. It's a common fault and gets worse and worse over 2-4 weeks. Some people have said they lose reverse gear also.

On the website now. How long does it take. And do you need to replace the cvt transmission oil also?

Mine is suffering with a suspected ECU gearbox failure, it's being taken down the Bristol on Saturday to be repaired. Apparently removing and refitting the ECU can be tricky. £250 all in compared to £1500 from audi. I have receipts for two replacement ECU's for my car before I got it, seems it's a common failure.

You should replace the oil. But ultimately it's your decision.