Multiple warning lights

Shallett5

Reaction score
Hi, I've got multiple warnings coming up on my A4 2016 when I switch it on. Had a new battery put in today, still no change, sometimes if I stay in the car, turn off, lock, then unlock, after a couple of times it disappears, but starts again if stop and start again, warnings are parking brake...

Hi, I've got multiple warnings coming up on my A4 2016 when I switch it on. Had a new battery put in today, still no change, sometimes if I stay in the car, turn off, lock, then unlock, after a couple of times it disappears, but starts again if stop and start again, warnings are parking brake...

What's all that about
Hi, I've got multiple warnings coming up on my A4 2016 when I switch it on.
Had a new battery put in today, still no change, sometimes if I stay in the car, turn off, lock, then unlock, after a couple of times it disappears, but starts again if stop and start again, warnings are parking brake fault, drivers door fault, switch off engine before leaving car etc I had Audi look at it last year and they found nothing, but it's now back with a vengeance! Just wondering if there's anyone near me here in Shoreham Sussex with a vcds scanner? Am at my wits end with it, cheers...

Need to get it scanned on VCDS otherwise just guessing. I've seen car dash light up like a Christmas tree with multiple errors that were attributed to goosed ABS sensor. The new battery - was it put on a trickle charge before fitting and can you determine voltage?

Need to get it scanned on VCDS otherwise just guessing. I've seen car dash light up like a Christmas tree with multiple errors that were attributed to goosed ABS sensor. The new battery - was it put on a trickle charge before fitting and can you determine voltage?
Thanks Spartacus, the new battery was just fitted by a local battery company, so no idea re determine the voltage, I saw on an old thread from a few years ago that there's someone fairly close to me here in Shoreham Sussex with a VCDS, otherwise my only option is to get it in somewhere reliable and get it plugged in. The weird thing though, if I turn off the engine, open driver and passenger doors and close, lock and unlock from the inside, it clears it, until the next time I get in the car...

Reactions: spartacus 68
If you plan on keeping the car, then I can recommend investing in VCDS software if you have an old laptop you can run it from, great for diagnosing and clearing errors, service resets to more in-depth hard coding, rear parking brake service, fuel pump, etc. VAG garage will charge you £120 for the privilege so it pays for itself quite quickly.