MULTIPLE FAULT CODES! NEED HELP PLZ!

seen_

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Need your help!

My engine management light came on with a couple of codes. So I changed 2 of my ignition coil packs as this is what the codes were around. This fixed the problem for roughly a month but now the engine management light and several codes have come up! The car runs fine, just a slight lack of power can be felt. Just wondering if anybody knows what it could be? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

These are the codes:

17608 Boost pressure control valve
17705 Connection turbocharger - throttle valve pressure hose
16500 Engine Coolant Temp.Circ Range/Performance
16825 EVAP Emission Contr.Sys.Incorrect Purge Flow
17584 O2 Correction Behind Catalyst,B1 Limit Attained
16684 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
16688 Cyl.4 Misfire Detected

The EVAP system is normally a split pipe. One goes into the TIP, and one comes off the top of the Throttle body.

Both pipes connect to one of the metal pipes that run along the bulkhead. Check those pipes, and follow them all the way back to the EVAP Canister, found by your header tank.

Have you checked the car before for faults?
They could be old ones stored on the ecu... i would make note of them... clear each one and then recheck in a few days. no point chasing old faults.
If the codes come back... you have problems,

thanks guys...atleast thats broken it down to 2 or 3 seperate things that it could be. much appreciated...will pop the bonnet tomorrow and have a look...(Y)

when i replaced the ignition coil packs i cleared the fault codes and check again after a couple of days and no codes came up...but i have recleared them and will definately check again in couple of days...thanks

Reading the ross tech wiki notes another cause for some of the faults may be that I have a dump valve fitted?

Ignore that post.
Some people want to hear their turbo ...
Each to their own,
However, the Audi ecu isnt happy running a "dump valve" it needs to be something like a forge 007p a recirculating valve.
i would atleast go back to the standard recirc valve

id fit a coolant temp sensor and a set of coils and clear the codes........ and see what codes come back.

Ignore that post.
Some people want to hear their turbo ...
Each to their own,
However, the Audi ecu isnt happy running a "dump valve" it needs to be something like a forge 007p a recirculating valve.
i would atleast go back to the standard recirc valve

Atmospheric dump valves are chavvy. There really is no arguement there. It serves no purpose other than shouting "look at me, i have a turbo and i feel the need to let EVERYONE know this"

Fitting a 007p is completely pointless, when the £26 OEM part does exactly the same job.

I'd be changing the stat before the CTS, as its more likely to be the cause. He can easily find out which it is by viewing the coolant temp on vagcom and watch what its doing. It will no doubt drop when he drives faster, which is pretty typical of a 10 year old worn out thermostat, and will cause the ECU to pop an "implausible signal" code, because the coolant temp shouldnt be going down.

Fitting a 007p is completely pointless, when the £26 OEM part does exactly the same job

But it's shiny.... lol.

Each to their own mate, you know this. Atmospheric DV not the way forward though, either a 007P, Bailey DV30, or the OEM item will be the ones to fit.

OP - Your atmospheric DV will be causing some quite substantial compressor stall - not good for the turbo.

standard ones crack every 6 months aswell. i had 2 in the space of 6 months that i bought from stealers on my old a3q