Multi-Region Blu Ray Players

wolfie138

Reaction score
anyone got a recommendation for a good version, capable of playing 3D discs? i've got a multi-reg player at the mo and has worked since 2013, but i just got another US bluray and it won't play. apparently, as far as i can see from a quick search, a lot of US discs are actually no- or multi-region, but this disc is specifically locked to Region A. pretty damn annoying since i specifically paid extra for an MR player.

Wolfie, You will struggle. It is possible to Multi Region the DVD side of a Blu-Ray player but the Blu-Ray side is very different. I think in the early days the Oppo was Multi-Region but I think that was it.
You are right above as well 90% discs are region free, even ones that state Region A are most of the time region free.
There used to be a great website that told you called Movietyme but it has gone now

ta for the reply. there's some on Amazon so i guess i'll have to go there, Richer Sounds don't stock them. really annoying, had to go through all this cac w/ laserdiscs as well, got a multimod version as the US discs were always better than the UK ones.

still got my gold Pioneer player up in the loft plus a load of discs, heh. lothed to hoy them out despite being obsolete and not used for a decade or more!