Multi Function Steering Wheel Retrofit HELP!!!

Robin Chandler

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Currently just fitted a MFSW and after a some help with the wiring!

I have this wiring adapter for (1)

And this plug from the MFSW
(2)

Can I just add the wires from pin 1 mfsw (black) to pin 9 on the air bag plug,
pin 2 mfsw (yellow) to Negative &
pin 3 mfsw (red) to pin 10 on the air bag plug

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Robin

I'm not sure of the exact wiring into the slipring plug, but it would be much cleaner to just get the genuine MFSW airbag loom and just connect it all up like it should be rather than chopping away.

I'm not sure of the exact wiring into the slipring plug, but it would be much cleaner to just get the genuine MFSW airbag loom and just connect it all up like it should be rather than chopping away.

It would be cleaner and probably a lot easier! But..... I have the pins from a previous job and a plug that fits the MFSW. If it can be done without spending money on a wiring loom I could crack on and sort it this weekend. If I can't, do you know the part no. for the loom?

Thanks

Tbf maybe I'm being stupid but I can't see what your trying to do.... From memory there is 2 plugs one yellow, one black... So on the airbag you have one of each also.... I'm pretty sure when I did it I put pics up.... Did you do a search...

You really. Can't mess about with airbags don't bodge the wiring up...

Here's my old post...
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/fbmfsw-installation-problem.213550/

All sorted now.
What I had MAD_Adamsk was an airbag without the extra connector coming off the yellow connector for the MFSW! My car has Cruise so I know the slip ring supported it with the pins. I wasn't touching any off the airbag wires, just the empty slots in the plug to wire the MFSW. I managed to do it by following this - http://audiforum.us/threads/mfsw-retrofit-help-wiring-needed.7464/

Glad you got it sorted in the end. If I remember correctly, the top 4 pins are the airbag pins and the bottom 4 are the MFSW, of which I believe there are three wires (+, - & data).