1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Gold Supporter Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

Has anybody fitted mud flaps to their S3....and could I see a photo please? :)
    I know this subject can divide opinion but in general I like them.
    With previous model variants I've owned official mud flaps have not been available, but I believe they are for the A3/S3 and are the small discreet type?
    In fact at one of the dealers I visited prior to buying my car they had mud flaps already fitted to a new S3 that had just been delivered.
    What price can I expect to pay for official Audi flaps?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Matt Titanium

Matt Titanium Well-Known Member Team Navarra Audi S3 Manual

Ron240 likes this.
  4. mikemod

mikemod Well-Known Member Team Tango Audi S3

I fitted just the fronts on mine as the winter wheels sat out a bit further than the normal wheels.
    I had intended taking them off again when changing back but just ended up leaving them on as had got used to them.

Thread HERE

Ron240 likes this.
  5. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator MQB Platform

Mudflaps on a S3 ? [​IMG]
    Sacrilege !

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

6. Carefree69

Carefree69 Well-Known Member

Mud flaps on any car, sacrilege. In the real world what does it really save?

When my car needs cleaning I don’t do it because the bodywork directly behind/above the wheels are dirty, I do it because the car as a whole is dirty.

Don’t get it.

7. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

DSC_0163.JPG

Ron240 likes this.
  8. Carefree69

Still don’t get it?

Mud flaps are just so 70s/80s.

9. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

For a start they'll protect the paint from stonechips and from being worn away at the bottom of the inner arches plus keep the car cleaner for longer, they're inoffensive at worst

10. Carefree69

They’ll keep a tiny fraction of the car cleaner for longer yes, but are also very dated and very ugly.

11. Chris43

Chris43 Well-Known Member Team Nano Grey Audi A3 S-line owners group

Not a fan but the Saloon pictured doesn't look to bad TBH

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Carefree69

No I’ll give you that, they don’t look too bad on that saloon.

I just don’t like them and Im not knocking anyone who does.

14. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

I got a set for my black S Line. Not fitted them yet. They were £112 for the 4.

15. alpesh26

alpesh26 Active Member TeamMisano Navarra Blue Classic

Is this for a facelift S-line/S3 sportback? I messaged a dealer on ebay and they said Audi dont make any mudflaps for the facelifted S-Line/S3 models. Not sure how different the rear bumper and front wing between the PFL and FL. I doubt Audi will make/design any mudflaps now the new A3 will be coming out soon.

16. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

Mud flaps save a lot of carnage to the lower body work of the car, I drive a lot around country lanes which normally get a layer of tar then chipping put down, and on my C6 the bottom of the rear bumper & the lower front section of the sill looked like they had been shot blasted. For my new C7 & 8V I've fitted mud flaps front & rear to stop the carnage.

It's not like they stick out like a sore thumb..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ron240 and alpesh26 like this.
  17. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

Yes, mine is a 2016 FL S Line. They only brought the rear ones out about a year ago I think.