Mud flaps

Zobware

Reaction score
Been quoted £195 to have mud flaps fitted front and rear by stealer. Parts only is £75. Does anyone know how difficult they are to fit as £120 seems excessive!

Cheers

I've just bought some off eBay, £35 delivered, test fitted them to the car and fit perfect. Front ones clip into body work and then self tapping screws, so 5 mins per side?
Rear ones you need a torx screwdriver to remove existing screws, to then use same screws to fix back on. These might need the wheels removing though so 15mins per side maybe? Certainly wouldn't pay either of those prices...

Reactions: Point_Audi and Zobware
Just done the front ones, 20mins, but a lot of that was spent firstly not realising the plugs in place needed to be loosened off by pushing a pin in the middle, and then they took a fair amount of time to pull out without breaking them. If the middle pin falls inside the wheel liner simply pull the liner up and get them out.
The new ones clip on top and utilise those two clips, used a self tapper to secure the inner most piece to the liner, and another one to pull the top in closer as the clip still leaves a bit of a gap

Reactions: Zobware
I was originally going to go for OEM mudflaps but tbh when I seen them on a B8 S-Line I thought they were ugly and bulky looking so I had purchased the same set for 35 before Christmas and they are great.

Really easy to fit as said and they actually look like they came on the car and people have asked for the link. lol

Thanks Razza, that is the same ones I have that don't like my liners.

Yep you can, well I fitted mine without taking the rears off! :)

Shaun would you say your back ones are wider than mine? Mine look a bit silly with my wide wheels

Im looking for a wider pair of rears, was going to fit universal rubber ones but there is nothing to screw them onto as the guard sits way back further than the bumper edge

I can't really remember what yours look like Aaron, we would need to compare them side by side!lol

Razza I use small torx bits on the end of a rachet if you know what I mean, you might struggle with just the torx screw drivers as its a bit tight!lol

So the backs took the grand time of 5mins 49 secs... :)
husarepa.jpg
pasyhezy.jpg
yzyru3e3.jpg

Reactions: Point_Audi
Look much better than OEM ones imo! :)

Reactions: razza1
Picked a set of these up too, not as bulky as OEM imo

Reactions: Point_Audi
Picked a set of these up too, not as bulky as OEM imo

Reactions: V6 Quatt