Mud Flaps essential especially for winter?

jackj

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just rang my local Audi centre and have quoted me £56 for mudflaps all round on my BE.

Probably a no brainer but is it worth splashing out for mud flaps? And do they make alot of difference in terms of protecting the car from the winter elements/grit on roads etc.?

Thanks in advance

They are horrid

Heavy-Duty-Mud-Flaps.jpg

=

FailStamp.png

lol they aren't that bad.... I don't personally have them, but I think they look ok.

P7110013.jpg

P4010019-1.jpg

I have mudflaps fitted on my red BE sportback and they deftinitely keep a lot of muck from being thrown up on the front doors

i have side skirts,door blades and body kit and without mudflaps they would be ruined..

i have them on the a3 and you dont notice them worth the money if you ask me, ignore nate hes just iffy about them cause they restrict the lowlowlow :)

i dont have them on the s3 but if they made a more discreete set for it i would be buying them again

Haha uneccesary fail! They do serve a purpose though, and with the grit that we can expect in the following months I think they are a worthy investment...I would remove them for the summer though!

Not sure myself ! I agree they would do a good job , but not sure on the look . Just out of curiosity are they easy enough to fit / how do they fit ?

they are pretty easy to fit took about 10mins for front wheels as you can turn the wheels away for more room. rear took a bit longer as there is only a little bit of space. the guide says to remove the wheels but there is no need.

if you buy them from audi they come with every thing in the box. you have to make a small hole in the bumper again front ones are easy rear ones i got a nail heated it up and made a hole its impossoble to fit a drill in to make the hole.

i got a drill no problem i removed the rear wheels for acess sake, plus i have acess to a ramp and was servicing at the time so really didnt add any work

yeah it says to remove the rear wheels but i didnt do this as was just as easy to do it with the wheels still in. just an option other than removing the wheels.

I usually fit mudflaps and the Audi ones are quite unobtrusive. In fact they are a bit too unobtrusive because they are not even as wide as the tyres but they do keep some of the muck off of the bodywork.
Syling wise I can't see how they are a fail they just extend the line of the wheel arch in quite a natural way.

I agree with N8, I'm not a fan of the mudflaps for the A3...

I have decided to agree with Nate....I owe him one. :laugh:

beauty of modding i suppose, its your car and all that matters is you like it, at any rate the s3 wont see any mudflaps while i have it

Black Audis look OK with flaps but white look like falsies.. Shows you care for your car though and £50 is a bargain.

Sold mine now :sadlike: Set of 18"s on edition now of RS'

will have to keep my eye on them, just got my final bill for my cars build if it hadnt have been for having to buy the brand spankers adaptive lights id be sorted and could afford them :( ill just pile in teh ot and see if i can manage em :) suppose id sell the facelifts s3's easily in teh colour they are in

Massive thanks to everyone for their input, opinions etc. Based on this, and my gut feeling on it I'm going to purchase some - fit them; and if I really don't like the way they look for whatever reason I will just take them off?