MTM box in Dubai

DXBS3

Reaction score
Are there any Dubai based S3 owners here?

I'm intrigued by the MTM box to give my S3 a power boost. Anyone know how I can get hold of this box in Dubai? Any dealers or even independents who can help me with this?

Anyone in Dubai with experience of this? Especially if it will stand up to the heat over here?

Thanks

Are there any Dubai based S3 owners here?

I'm intrigued by the MTM box to give my S3 a power boost. Anyone know how I can get hold of this box in Dubai? Any dealers or even independents who can help me with this?

Anyone in Dubai with experience of this? Especially if it will stand up to the heat over here?

Thanks
Don't believe MTM has a dealer in Dubai. Might be worth giving QST a message as they should be able to answer any questions:

http://www.qstuning.com

Reactions: V6_Man
Their servicing costs look very reasonable - less than £400 for S3 40k service including spark plugs, oil change, Haldex change (including filter change though surely it just needs a clean?) etc

I have an MTM (from QST) and whilst not living in Dubai do live near the med so mid 30s are the norm in summer.
Box has been faultless, easy to take off and on however with your extremes of temp is it worth it? With those ambient temps boosting a 2l 4cyl wouldn't be an obvious choice?

Thanks for this. I’m completely new to this so that’s why I was looking for some on the ground help with this one.

Can you explain a bit more about how the ambient temperature affects this?

BTW, Dubai hits the mid to late 40s in summer...

Temperatures shouldn’t be an issue. Manufacturers should take into account the different markets they sell in so the same Audi in Dubai should work just as well in somewhere like Iceland.
Tuning you might be a bit more conservative in hot climates with boost levels but I doubt any off the shelf products would different between countries. Likes of revo/apr/mtm/ abt isn’t gonna write a different map for different climates. The maps themselves should be able to take account of different ambient temps and adjust as and when. Just like they should with fuel quality. The knock sensor and other sensors should adjust if conditions change. In the uk we can get -10 degrees in winter to possibly 30+ in the summer and we don’t have a different map/chip for the different seasons.
I’ve had my mtm on from October to now and the temperatures has went from zero to around 24 last week. Car just works as it should.

Temperatures shouldn’t be an issue. Manufacturers should take into account the different markets they sell in so the same Audi in Dubai should work just as well in somewhere like Iceland.
Tuning you might be a bit more conservative in hot climates with boost levels but I doubt any off the shelf products would different between countries. Likes of revo/apr/mtm/ abt isn’t gonna write a different map for different climates. The maps themselves should be able to take account of different ambient temps and adjust as and when. Just like they should with fuel quality. The knock sensor and other sensors should adjust if conditions change. In the uk we can get -10 degrees in winter to possibly 30+ in the summer and we don’t have a different map/chip for the different seasons.
I’ve had my mtm on from October to now and the temperatures has went from zero to around 24 last week. Car just works as it should.

The Summer starts after 40*. 30-40** is "pleasant" weather ;)