Justin Whitehouse

Reaction score
I know a lot of people have these but wanted to ask if they really are worth £845 by the time you pay postage compared to Eibach, etc which are just over £200. I can see the attraction of the adjustability (how easy is this?) but are they a better ride quality if lowered say 25mm. I’m not running mag ride so am thinking it might give me a little more flexibility on ride quality/stance.

Eibach are very good for the cost.

261e5862cfdf5fc4f16345bfe9560e1a.jpg

Reactions: Deep penetrator and FBF01
Explain why the MSS are better ?
Do you have Eibach by any chance ;)

TX.

Edit - I'll bow to your better judgment, far more knowledgeable than me tbf.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

TX.

Other than adjustability, which I didn’t want, what’s the overall difference ?

Every time you adjust them it puts alignment out

If you have them how many times would you adjust them ?

TX.

Edit - I'll bow to your better judgment, far more knowledgeable than me tbf.

I’m not saying don’t buy them.....

But apart front adjustability are they that much better in reality?

Given that part of them is an eibach spring anyway

@T-800 I did buy MSS for the 3 and they were superb imho, transformed the car. As I say though you'll know way more than me so happy to be "schooled" .

Reactions: T-800
******* hell I've entered the lions den here :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Beebee-one and T-800
@T-800 I did buy MSS for the 3 and they were superb imho, transformed the car. As I say though you'll know way more than me so happy to be "schooled" .

Plenty of owners happy with MSS

Also plenty happy with eibach pro springs

You pays your money you takes yer choice.

Why do MSS mark them up x4 then? Genuine interest.

TX.

Create a premier product, ensure good reviews follow and then name your price. No denying that MSS kits are good, but you would want them to be for that price.
Here's a question: After having the MSS kits fitted and aligned (mag ride re-calibrated too) , how many people then bother to 'adjust' the suspension some weeks or months later with the knowledge that they actually know what they are doing......... and whether the alignment has then gone to hell. My point being that a lot of people will probably never use the adjustability feature of the product but are happy to pay a load of extra cash for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: teslaboy and T-800
So if you lower the car 25mm at the front and 10-15mm at the rear once you have them aligned they are not very adjustable in reality. I was looking at the Eibach Sportsline but are they real bone shakers on the road?

So if you lower the car 25mm at the front and 10-15mm at the rear once you have them aligned they are not very adjustable in reality. I was looking at the Eibach Sportsline but are they real bone shakers on the road?

Eibach springs are fantastic for their price point and far superior than stock OEM items. As @T-800 has mentioned how many people really alter their spring settings once fitted, unless the car is going to be a track weapon and driven to and from the track maybe? (and adjusted for each different track I cant see the need) Both Eibach Pro and Sportlines versions are superb. I have had both on the 8V platform.

See some of my previous posts.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-lowering-options.348125/page-2#post-3258240

Jungle

Reactions: T-800 and Justin Whitehouse
I guess, these give you the option to get the car sitting how you want it. I think most non-adjustable kits seem to keep the rear a tad high.

I'd be paranoid and torment myself about 1 side being 0.5mm higher than the other though!

Reactions: Justin Whitehouse and Terminator x
Errrrrr........ you do know that Eibach make the springs for MSS kits TX?

20150118112653-Rear-Streets-assembly.png

Eibach probably manufactures spring for a range of applications and suppliers, however the big part of a products value is the R&d and design. How well do the springs work with the shocks and the suspension.

Whether there is 3 times the value in the MSS product is probably yet to be determined. It would be great to see some objective testing done on the range of springs compare ride and handling performance.

Reactions: Justin Whitehouse and Terminator x
Other than adjusting the ride height I’m unclear why mss keeps the ride comfortable, yet sport lines or h&r’s are supposedly ‘bone shakers’?

Surely an mss kit adjusted to the same height as say the eibach sportlines or h&r’s will ride with same standard of comfort?

Other than adjusting the ride height I’m unclear why mss keeps the ride comfortable, yet sport lines or h&r’s are supposedly ‘bone shakers’?

Surely an mss kit adjusted to the same height as say the eibach sportlines or h&r’s will ride with same standard of comfort?

There can be a number of variables that can change the performance of the springs.

The stiffness of the coil, ie, the spring rate, how much Force is required to compress it
Fuxes or variable rate spring, for variable top half is lighter to absorb the small bumps
How well they are matched to the shock absorber
Also the drop will affect the ride, the lower you go the less travel you have in the shock and it more likely to bottom out on big bumps.

Reactions: Justin Whitehouse
I'm on MSS Springs, screwed all the way down which is still not that low to be fair and the ride is pretty damn good! These replaced Eibach springs which were also a very good ride but just not low enough for me, especially the rear! I've also had H&R Springs and the Eibachs are far superior in my opinion whether on their own or as MSS.

Reactions: teslaboy and Seanix
KW HAS on mag ride (wound 1/2 way on front and 3/4 on rear), perfect for a daily but probably too soft for track.

Mag ride calibrated to suit.

Attachments

• 36777236_429898040829638_206350041583976448_n(1).jpg
    36777236_429898040829638_206350041583976448_n(1).jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 20180621_193157.jpg
    20180621_193157.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: dno_uk
KW HAS on mag ride (wound 1/2 way on front and 3/4 on rear), perfect for a daily but probably too soft for track.

Mag ride calibrated to suit.

How’s the ride quality with the KW?

MSS claims that they improve the ride quality compared to stock set up.

IMO on comfort it's definitely softer than standard, on dynamic it's pretty much the same as the standard springs. Over speed bumps you really notice how compliant the KW springs are compared to the standard springs.
I used to be able to go quite quickly on individual with the suspension set to comfort but ever since the KW's dynamic is a must for stability, I find myself switching modes often.

I highly rate them, suit a multipurpose car extremely well.