MrJWW's S1 Sportback

Rockall

Reaction score
Go to 16:15: "It's a good manual car but it's not a manual driver's car by any means. Regardless of it being an S Quattro whatever, it's just not a performance manual car".

Fair comment? I don't think so but bear in mind that this guy also owns a Ferrari F12, a Porsche GT3 RS, a McLaren 675LT and an Audi RS6+.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Go to 16:15: "It's a good manual car but it's not a manual driver's car by any means. Regardless of it being an S Quattro whatever, it's just not a performance manual car".

Fair comment? I don't think so but bear in mind that this guy also owns a Ferrari F12, a Porsche GT3 RS, a McLaren 675LT and an Audi RS6+.

Can't believe how much the biposto is. Even getting your s1 remapped and a new clutch would be cheaper

This may sound like sour grapes but I'm sure this guy has got all his money to afford the cars on the back of his fathers company.
If he'd worked for them I'd probably listen to his reviews a bit more.
Sour grapes probably but the other guy aka 'seen through glass' is just a Pratt imo.
I might get shot down but I haven't really got time for these YouTube bloggers.

RS1 will be out soon Ian ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

This may sound like sour grapes but I'm sure this guy has got all his money to afford the cars on the back of his fathers company.
If he'd worked for them I'd probably listen to his reviews a bit more.
Sour grapes probably but the other guy aka 'seen through glass' is just a Pratt imo.
I might get shot down but I haven't really got time for these YouTube bloggers.
To be honest I don't even know who they are Andy. The only you tubers I know are the ones my 13 watches about gaming lol

I think I'm gonna go for the rs3 saloon after my S1.
I retire in just over 3 years that's going to be my retirement present to me (my wife doesn't know yet)
Mind you I'd settle for a rs3 to.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen and Terminator x
I retire in just over 3 years that's going to be my retirement present to me (my wife doesn't know yet)
Mind you I'd settle for a rs3 to.
And why not. I'm sure you deserve it lol

Haha.....you have the same type of thinking as myself. Would love an RS3 saloon next, and the wife doesn't know bout it either!!

Reactions: calvin adders and andy l
JWW has definitely been spoilt for choice. Their definition of a "performance" car is highly skewed, the speeds their super cars can get to are ridiculous and easily accessible. They would probably say the Evo9 isn't a performance car!

These videos are barely scripted so what I think JWW meant was that the S1 is not a manual "drivers" car like a Cayman, M3 or a Megane RS (people seem to rave about it, haven't driven one...yet).

They started talking about the S3 with a DSG and how an S1 would benefit one, oh geez...they are trolling.

The Biposto is a ridiculous car...love it, they sound heaps better than an S1 in my opinion.

JWW has definitely been spoilt for choice. Their definition of a "performance" car is highly skewed, the speeds their super cars can get to are ridiculous and easily accessible. They would probably say the Evo9 isn't a performance car!

These videos are barely scripted so what I think JWW meant was that the S1 is not a manual "drivers" car like a Cayman, M3 or a Megane RS (people seem to rave about it, haven't driven one...yet).

They started talking about the S3 with a DSG and how an S1 would benefit one, oh geez...they are trolling.

The Biposto is a ridiculous car...love it, they sound heaps better than an S1 in my opinion.
I can't see how Audi can't get together with someone like Akrapovic and design exhausts for the s and rs range. If Fiat can do it with the abarth range with 2 different exhaust companies why not they do sounds pretty fantastic

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins
Eisenmann do audi's sport exhausts.

It sounds a bit stupid saying you don't listen to someones opinion on a car because they got their money from daddy. Sounds even more like jealousy. It's just money ***.

That's like saying "I don't listen to Chris Harris because he doesn't own the cars he reviews" lmao

Eisenmann do audi's sport exhausts.

It sounds a bit stupid saying you don't listen to someones opinion on a car because they got their money from daddy. Sounds even more like jealousy. It's just money ***.

That's like saying "I don't listen to Chris Harris because he doesn't own the cars he reviews" lmao
Yeah but I mean my S1 one is really quiet compared to a 595 with a Monza Exhaust. It's a shame.

I've watched a lot of 'STG' when he was over in LA. Not because of him, but the cars he drove and showed in the month he was there were outstanding. The Cars and Coffee meets in LA are simply unbelievable. However, I much prefer the S1 to the 695.

Abarth's are brilliant. Like driving a toy super car in a cartoon!

Think he meant it's not a 'drivers' car. However, if that BMW M4 GTS that Clarkson drove on Grand Tour is the definition of a 'drivers' car, I don't want one. Give me the S1 any day.