MRC vs Revo Stage 2

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I took my car to MRC today as I was curious to find out how much power my Revo stage 2 map was giving me.

Some of you will know I always wanted to stick with Revo as I have been a fan for years. I've always had Revo on my S3's (8L, 8P and now my 2015 8V).

I ran Revo stage 1 for a year three months after getting the car, and I've been running Revo stage 2, including DSG remap since, July 2016.

I have been really happy with it and it hasn't skipped a beat. The car pulled hard, gave me 12.28 1/4 mile times @115mph (I had a bad start that day), 3.7 0-60's, and felt great to drive, so I had no reason to change.

One thing I really wanted to know was how much power it was putting out. This gave me the excuse to go to MRC, get it on the Dyno, and find out more about this MRC Tuning outfit.

Before I tell you my results, here is a list of my mods:
  • Revo Full Carbon Intake Kit
  • Revo FMIC
  • Revo/Scorpion Downpipe
  • Eibach Sportline
  • Clubsport Discs
I wanted to be different to most who have either Forge or Wagner intercoolers, Milltek exhausts and VWR600 intakes, plus other bits like Turbo Muffler deletes, hoses, GFB Diverter Valves etc,

So how did my car perform?
383 PS and 528 Nm.

This is around about where I expected it to be so I was happy!!

Then MRC said with my mods, and one of their custom remaps, they can get this to around 400-410ps. After a couple of seconds of deliberation I said "Come on, let's go for it"

The results surprised me....

MRC Results

420PS and 577Nm - OMG!!!!

The car now pulls harder, faster, much earlier and I am absolutely delighted with the results!!!! I am now a member of the 400+ club too!!

Shout out to MRC Tuning, great company, and thanks to the guys I have met and spoken to at various events over the last 2 years.

The only question now is... how long I stay at stage 2 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Boydie, xpoweruk, MikeParkin and 7 others
Liking the sound of MRC, was thinking of going Revo for my stage 2, but will look into this now, as you can't go wrong with a few more horses for your money! Be a nice blast home from there for me too :grimacing:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Forbzeeee
Some mighty figures them mate.must pull like train.
I Went with a custom map instead.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Forbzeeee
I'm putting mine on the rollers next weekend so I'll see where I stand on the figures table.

Was contemplating MRC before Revo but there was a dealer up here at the time so decided on that.

Great numbers @Forbzeeee

Reactions: Forbzeeee and Rob2k68
I'm putting mine on the rollers next weekend so I'll see where I stand on the figures table.

Was contemplating MRC before Revo but there was a dealer up here at the time so decided on that.

Great numbers @Forbzeeee
Mike, my local Revo dealer is only 8 miles away so that was one of my main reasons for going with Revo originally.

Good luck on the rollers!!

Reactions: MikeParkin
Mike, my local Revo dealer is only 8 miles away so that was one of my main reasons for going with Revo originally.

Good luck on the rollers!!

Might be a trip to MRC depending on how I get in Hahaha.

How much did the map cost from them ?

Reactions: Forbzeeee
Here are some pics from my phone.... Apologies for any dirt, I tend to take pics straight after something is fitted.

Boosted S3 Stage 2 min Brakes min

Reactions: -Ju-
I think it's normally £650 inc VAT.
Sounds like you got a better deal then:whistle2:
Shame they aren't closer to me as they are impressive figures.
I've always gone with APR maps in the past and still might but was thinking of maybe going Revo or custom instead

Reactions: MikeParkin
I'll be doing my brakes, lines and fluid next.

Club sport discs, not sure what pads lines and fluids but I'll look into it.

Reactions: Forbzeeee
Ive been toying with a drive down to MRC for a stage 1 map..

Ive just ordered the R600 intake system and was hoping to get to speak to them possibly the end of next monthish.

My mate has a MRC Stage 2 S4 and it pulled 480 as they expected so he kind of put me onto them.

Ive also been looking i to Unicorn Motor Developements aswell.. They seem to get a higher output that the usual suspects so...

Decisions decisions..

Reactions: Forbzeeee and MikeParkin
Sounds like you got a better deal then:whistle2:
Shame they aren't closer to me as they are impressive figures.
I've always gone with APR maps in the past and still might but was thinking of maybe going Revo or custom instead
Mrc are also in Morley.

Yeah but they don't do the custom tuning there
Had mine done by Chris at CM tuning
(10 years at MRC Banbury)

All I can say is that I'm extremely pleased.
And another level above my stage 1

Its running around 477bhp and 600nm

B8 s4.

Worth a call

Really nice bloke

No rolling road but in conversation with doug at Banbury while tune is being done.

Ok mate no worries.
I'll bear it in mind if I keep the S3 for a while :icon thumright:

Ive used MRC on my last 4 cars and can honestly say they are very, very good. The only reason i went APR stage 2 on my S3 was the deal i got on supplying and installing the hardware and the discount on the software at the time. Ive not put it on the rollers yet but will soon, if i find its less than 400bhp ill probably cough up for the MRC map.

Ive used MRC on my last 4 cars and can honestly say they are very, very good. The only reason i went APR stage 2 on my S3 was the deal i got on supplying and installing the hardware and the discount on the software at the time. Ive not put it on the rollers yet but will soon, if i find its less than 400bhp ill probably cough up for the MRC map.
Agree with all that mate.
Never had anything done by APR.
Its awesome gti where I live.
They seem very capable
Al Brown there is very responsive to all you need to know.
But MRC are clever people

Custom maps, bigger cranks..
Alot of thinking and personal stuff goes on there.

It's MRC for me all day.

Reactions: Starry
I am limited with my choices here in Northern Ireland and do not trust the independent tuners enough over here to look past Revo

Currently running Revo Stage 3 on my 8V S3 and desperate to know what the power output is - downside as well to living over here is only 97 ron fuel :(

I am limited with my choices here in Northern Ireland and do not trust the independent tuners enough over here to look past Revo

Currently running Revo Stage 3 on my 8V S3 and desperate to know what the power output is - downside as well to living over here is only 97 ron fuel :(
Revo stage 3 sounds good to me...
Sounds similar figures to mine
About 480bhp & 600nm

No Tesco 99?

Revo stage 3 sounds good to me...
Sounds similar figures to mine
About 480bhp & 600nm

No Tesco 99?

Unfortunately not and its been well campaigned for sadly. No idea why when the likes of Lanzarote can get 98 ron fuel and we can only get 97!!!

I had a 2+ S3 as well, where my tuning love started

Picture 160

Reactions: NevMan