Sportback Mrc vs dtuk stage 1 PFL

S3_Sanni

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Keep reading online mrc stage 1 gives a good amount of bhp and torque, but has anyone ever tested one against a dtuk?

Would be interesting.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a guess I’d say it’d be like comparing
a RS3 against a 2.0 tdi

Reactions: FBF01, S3_Sanni and T-800
Well..

I trialled some of the new files from DTUK on the Facelift RS3 before the box went on sale and in all honesty I can say that it was actually quite impressive and gave a big step in Performance and it enabled me to take a few scalps of some serious cars.
Now compared to the Revo Stage1 it is not in the same league in all aspects but you should expect that from an actual remap.
Not taking anything away from DTUK as it was and is a very good option for plug n play over full remap.

Reactions: E15, NevMan and S3_Sanni
Well..

I trialled some of the new files from DTUK on the Facelift RS3 before the box went on sale and in all honesty I can say that it was actually quite impressive and gave a big step in Performance and it enabled me to take a few scalps of some serious cars.
Now compared to the Revo Stage1 it is not in the same league in all aspects but you should expect that from an actual remap.
Not taking anything away from DTUK as it was and is a very good option for plug n play over full remap.

Did you do any timings, dyno runs?

Reactions: Deep penetrator
Yeah, ive got a pfl, but all these online posts put me off it lol. Only bad thing is mrc is like 3/4 hours away from me and it would be a pain going back and forth.

Yeah, ive got a pfl, but all these online posts put me off it lol. Only bad thing is mrc is like 3/4 hours away from me and it would be a pain going back and forth.

I tried a DTUK box on my old PFL after using one on my previous car to that (Golf R) where it worked really well.

Unfortunately it didn't work so well on the RS3. It was screwing around with the boost gauge and I honestly couldn't tell any difference in performance with it making the car more jerky to drive. I removed it after a week.

I then went to MRC and it was night and day, feeling like I had twice the power...Actual increase on the dyno in power and torque at 4000rpm was something like +100hp/180nm of torque!

If you're happy with risks to warranty then I would highly recommend getting it done.

Reactions: S3_Sanni
All these mrc reviews are really tempting me lol.

Is there anyone near Leeds running mrc stage 1? Id be happy to pop over if you could take me for a drive in your car so i could make my mind up

Is there anyone near Leeds running mrc stage 1? Id be happy to pop over if you could take me for a drive in your car so i could make my mind up

Trust me, the drive will make your mind up. It is that much of a difference.

Trust me, the drive will make your mind up. It is that much of a difference.

Are mrc able to remove flash counters so it doesnt affect warranty?

Are mrc able to remove flash counters so it doesnt affect warranty?

Any remap will affect warranty.

You’d be a fool to believe any different even if the people doing it tell you it’s undetectable.

Reactions: S3_Sanni, D0C and Marshy
Sanni your car is a pfl so out of warranty soon enough.
The decision you need to make is remap and don’t extend the warranty or extend the warranty and run the risk of them detecting your dtuk box!
When I look at it like that I think it’s an easy decision

Reactions: S3_Sanni and T-800
Sanni your car is a pfl so out of warranty soon enough.
The decision you need to make is remap and don’t extend the warranty or extend the warranty and run the risk of them detecting your dtuk box!
When I look at it like that I think it’s an easy decision

I am going more towards a property remap (mrc or apr), but would still like to compare or see actual comparisons

I remember going from revo 2+ to apr 2+ in my s3, what a difference that was!

When I had my R I had the jb1 box on it which is light years ahead of the dtuk box.
Then I had it mapped by Apr, the difference was very noticeable and so much smoother.

Reactions: S3_Sanni
I’m in Leeds mate. It’s an FL though and I’m running a Stage1 Custom Code. James is only an hour away and I’ve got comparable graphs with MRC.

Reactions: Deep penetrator, S3_Sanni and NevMan
I’m in Leeds mate. It’s an FL though and I’m running a Stage1 Custom Code. James is only an hour away and I’ve got comparable graphs with MRC.

Would love to see the stage 1 fl but then id make myself want to go all the way up to 2+ in mine! Lol

Reactions: NevMan and Deep penetrator
I am going more towards a property remap (mrc or apr), but would still like to compare or see actual comparisons

I remember going from revo 2+ to apr 2+ in my s3, what a difference that was!

What were your thoughts Revo vs APR?

What were your thoughts Revo vs APR?

When i had an s3, revo stage 2+ plus to apr 2+ was like going from stock to stage 1.. Apr map was a total transformation.

Reactions: NevMan

There is a place in Leeds that you can get an mrc map put on :)

Reactions: S3_Sanni and NevMan

No but I am in Leeds and running a unicorn stage 1

Power and torque wise, Stage 1 mapping on A PFL compared to an FL is very diffetent no ? I thought stage 1 on pfl takes you to just over 400bhp yet the fl takes it to 500bhp. I might be wrong.

Power and torque wise, Stage 1 mapping on A PFL compared to an FL is very diffetent no ? I thought stage 1 on pfl takes you to just over 400bhp yet the fl takes it to 500bhp. I might be wrong.
My stage 1 PFL was 433ps. Stage 1 FL seem to be 460-480ps.

Reactions: NevMan
Fl is a completely different engine and turbo and will do around 480 my pf stage one with secondary decat did 411bhp 450 ft/lbs

Fl is a completely different engine and turbo and will do around 480 my pf stage one with secondary decat did 411bhp 450 ft/lbs
411bhp sounds a bit shy of what it should do. Of course, a FL is more powerful and should map higher power accordingly. However, having had both engines stock and mapped, I would say there is next to no difference on the **** dyno. If anything, my PFL RS3 felt more violent and exciting. I could easily see myself going back to a PFL at some point in the future.

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and Terminator x
411bhp sounds a bit shy of what it should do. Of course, a FL is more powerful and should map higher power accordingly. However, having had both engines stock and mapped, I would say there is next to no difference on the **** dyno. If anything, my PFL RS3 felt more violent and exciting. I could easily see myself going back to a PFL at some point in the future.

I suppose it all depends where it’s mapped mine was done at unicorn which as a rule is a low reading dyno/ accurate depending I will get it on another dyno to compare. He did say he’d had a few cars from mrc run on his dyno and they always run lower figures then what others say. Swings and roundabouts

Reactions: D0C
Future classic. Find one with low miles and keep it!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and D0C