MRC Tuning?

TommyH88

Reaction score
Anyone on here had their S3 mapped by MRC? Looking at getting mine done and want something more custom to car than generic like revo, Apr etc. I no they can tweak it a bit but Mrc would be properly tuned to suit the car. Opinions needed

I would also be interested in peoples views of MRC as they are local to me. Although I believe they are more expensive that people like Rick @ Unicorn. Could probably drive to Rick and back and it still be cheaper...

Mrc win tuner of the year every year don't they? They have done a lot of cars and seem to get good reviews on other audis

I've heard mixed reviews from different people. Some say they are very good at what they do but are let down on customer communication side of things, I.e. customers always having to ring up to find out what is going on with their car, saying that I emailed them and got a rather rapid response. Some say that they are only really interested in big turbo RS4's and turbo charging R8's etc but after looking at their Facebook page they seem to deal with most Audi's. Then I've read somewhere that someone took their Skoda Octavia there and got it home to find things not put back properly under the bonnet along with finding some tools under there to, but after checking this was back in 2010 so thing could have changed since then?

There is also the thing that people only write reviews when they are unhappy with something and you never hear anything from all those happy customers.

And as you say they do win awards so they can't be that bad?

They done my mates TTRS that was 560bhp and that thing was a animal and they always treated him really well. I'm just looking to use them over the likes of revo or Apr that just want ur money and flash on a generic map. Where as Mrc will tune it on a dyno to suit the individual car

Reactions: TTE Si
If they have done that on your mates TTRS then I probably wouldn't hesitate to take my car there to be mapped.

they will never touch a car of mine again. They mapped it into an undriveable car but refused to accept it was them and blamed everything else. I gave up after 2 trips up there and a multitude of ignored communications.

Maybe they are ok if you send an open cheque book with your car build

Had plenty of cars mapped with them, incl my current S3. Also had the gbox map done recently and I now have launch control in Manual mode without having to press any buttons etc...

You rate them? Surely they wouldn't be Audi tuner of the year every time if were that bad?

I was going to use MRC,but after failing to answer any of my emails I went with Revo & couldn't be happier with the service

I'm running MRC stage 2 367bhp 369ft*lbs. I wouldn't let 'not answering your emails' put you off going there, just ring them lol

Reactions: mister.c.
I've used them on my rs4 turbo and my a5 3.0tdi, the gains and the drivability of both were spot on. As stated, coms were poor but i wanted a good custom map so that didn't bother me.

I Spose its not a problem with communication as all you have to do is call them instead of emails etc

On the contrary, communication is everything!

If they can't be bothered to talk to you before you've given them your money, why would they talk to once they've taken it?

Reactions: RSS-S3, SimonSystems and Sandra
I agree with the above ^

Working in a garage myself (not a performance one) Communication is key.

Try the old fashioned way of calling them - not all emails get through these days with the likes of spam filters etc...

Fair enough but customer service is my thing having been head of department (exec cust service) for a ftse100 company bad customer service really grates on me!

Even if we go out for dinner or something, I can't stand it, there's just no excuse in my book...

[/rant] lol.

Reactions: SimonSystems, Hookmonster, Sandra and 1 other person
Think I gonna go Mrc for mapping. They seem to know what they are doing and have got some good results on stage 1 on s3's

Think I gonna go Mrc for mapping. They seem to know what they are doing and have got some good results on stage 1 on s3's
I'd recommend waiting a little while before getting your S3 done with MRC.

They've done a lot of work on a couple of my cars and I do rate them for what they know about (mostly RS4's and RS6's). I'm not entirely comfortable yet with the progress I've seen on a custom mapped S3 recently. Can't say any more as it's still a work in progress, but hopefully I can post back in a positive way later :)

Reactions: Joe4842
They have done a fair few judging by their Facebook page. Done my mates 560bhp TTRS from stage 1 up to big turbo.

Yes they did my 730bhp RS6 and my old 450bhp RS4. But how many S3's have they fully custom mapped. That's my reservation :)

I'm sure it will be fine. I wanted something custom rather then generic like Apr and revo

If they can map all these other audis I'm sure they will be able to do a s3.

I'm sure it will be fine. I wanted something custom rather then generic like Apr and revo
Revo and apr start from a generic base but if you goto a decent garage they have access to timing fuelling etc etc while it's on the dyno so can adjust it to your car

Have two of my cars mapped by MRC . RS4 B5 at near 600hp (record holding car) and my A8 4H at 300HP

Good tuners and nice workshop and there Dyno is one of the best in the UK

Sure there hard to get on the phone but there busy and if you ever been there it dont stop ringing !

I would recomend them. I would also recomend Unicorn or R-TECH

All produce good results ive found !

I went revo in the end as was local

Even though you've said you went to Revo. Feel the need to give my 2 pence worth...

Been to MRC 3 times in Total now, twice with a B7 RS4 and once with my 8P S3. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere else for tuning needs whilst owning an Audi.

Very knowledgeable people. Massively happy with just a simple Remap on my S3. Come out at over 310bhp and 466nm Torque. Will be going there again despite the distance if and when i go to stage 2.

Even though you've said you went to Revo. Feel the need to give my 2 pence worth...

Been to MRC 3 times in Total now, twice with a B7 RS4 and once with my 8P S3. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere else for tuning needs whilst owning an Audi.

Very knowledgeable people. Massively happy with just a simple Remap on my S3. Come out at over 310bhp and 466nm Torque. Will be going there again despite the distance if and when i go to stage 2.
Looking to get my 2010 S4 mapped there in a couple of weeks and I know it's a custom remap but Revo keep telling me that using the dyno doesn't simulate real road use and they have designed their map from 18 months of road and track testing. This is all new to me and who is right? I'm sure MRC must have road tested their cars too?

Looking to get my 2010 S4 mapped there in a couple of weeks and I know it's a custom remap but Revo keep telling me that using the dyno doesn't simulate real road use and they have designed their map from 18 months of road and track testing. This is all new to me and who is right? I'm sure MRC must have road tested their cars too?

MRC Maps are allways road tested and if I'm not wrong win at GTI international against other tuners. My own car a RS4 (approx 600hp) was mapped by MRC on their dyno and is the fastest rs4 on rs4 k04 framed turbos possibly in the world. With 100-200 time of 7.3 seconds.

End of the day both you won't go wrong with but in no way are MRC maps not as well tested or refined.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin S4 Avant and TommyH88
You only need browse MRC Facebook for a big amount of tuned S4 for years!

Reactions: Kevin S4 Avant
All i can say is that i wish i lived close to mrc, all my worries\troubles about tuning was gone...

Reactions: Kevin S4 Avant
Thanks guys, booked in at MRC Saturday 11th June!!!! Can't wait, they told me they can get 440bhp, stage one with K&N Airfilter. I have no reason to doubt them and am assuming this will be a great difference from what it is now just standard stock :sign omg: :s4addict::sign wow:

Had my B5 S4 worked on by MRC they were wonderful. Huge respect to Dougie he knows more about audi's than Audi Uk.

...I've got a REVO stage 1 on my S3...can't fault it...why do people always have a go at REVO and say it's not as good as A, B or C's map - is it because REVO are the standard that everyone else wants to achieve...therefore making them the company to be shot at? They do a great job with a very diverse clientele - they don't produce an inferior product...they just try and accommodate every petrol-head they can...
Just my two-pennorth...

Simon

I went to rabbid maps, yes he isn't massive in the Audi scene, however couldn't be more helpful, full custom map on 4wd dyno, pulled 318bhp with a cat back and induction, the car pulls so well and is a great map, local and I'll be going back for a map with my big turbo build