MRC Stage 2 or 3 Anyone?

Toshers

Reaction score
Keen to know if anyone has upgraded their intercooler, gone decat downpipe, intake mods then had MRC custom map their FL RS3?

I know Revo and APR quote this as stage 2 but I think MRC have these mods as stage 3.

Interested to know if anyone has any figures for an MRC stg3 FL RS3?

Keen to know if anyone has upgraded their intercooler, gone decat downpipe, intake mods then had MRC custom map their FL RS3?

I know Revo and APR quote this as stage 2 but I think MRC have these mods as stage 3.

Interested to know if anyone has any figures for an MRC stg3 FL RS3?
That's definitely only stage 2. Turbo upgrade needed for stage 3 surely.

@Leo-RS has had the mods you mention done.

@billymc92 had this set up some time ago with excellent results. +500hp & +500ftlbs with a downpipe, intercooler & an MRC tune.

MRC Stage 3 is when you swap the turbo out. What you have mentioned is a Stage 2 remap. The same as APR and Revo.

It's Litchfield who have come up with their own Stage convention by branding everything you have mentioned as Stage 3 as it aligns with their Jap tuning philosophy. In the VAG world though, full bolt ons, standard turbo is Stage 2.

Reactions: teslaboy
Yeah I’ve done all that and I have a build thread on the forum if you want to see what I’ve done and with the results

Reactions: Sandra
im considering stage 3. what set up do you guys recommend? ultimately something that will also get rid of the dreaded ticking..

im considering stage 3. what set up do you guys recommend? ultimately something that will also get rid of the dreaded ticking..
Stage 3 with turbo upgrade should do it!

Stage 3 with turbo upgrade should do it!
yea im thinking turbo but what set up? theres a few out there but its all about the sound for me atm. ive hit my goal of 500+bhp but now maybe 600... lol
what turbo options are out there that deliver at a value for money aspect.. some just look over priced.

Whats needed for 500+ im buying mine this week (PFL) coming from a stage 2+ S3 so im not upto speed on the RS

Whats needed for 500+ im buying mine this week (PFL) coming from a stage 2+ S3 so im not upto speed on the RS
Typical figures are:

PFL
Stage 1 420-440ps
Stage 2 440-460ps

FL
Stage 1 460-480ps
Stage 2 480-520ps

For 500+ on the PFL you'd need a bigger turbo.

Reactions: Kaine19
Thanks for the reply. Believe the engines are pretty solid. Is fuelling an issue on these. Fuel pump?

The fuelling is strong enough to run full E85 tunes so easily cover pump fuel.

I just saw local tuner here just got 350wkw and 680wnm on full bolt on stage 2 on E85. I believe pump fuel was just over 300wkw. Just look up underground performance on facebook to see.

Must be a 600hp turbo on there to start with. No need for stage 3 unless looking at big numbers.

Wow really. I will prob want to go 500+ as i wanted to on my S3

Wow really. I will prob want to go 500+ as i wanted to on my S3

I think for you 500hp goal you will need same supporting mods as you would have had on S3. DP, IC and intake. Looking at APR site they are quoting 513 hp stage 1+ tune on pump fuel (IC and inlet) assuming will get more once stage 2 released. Like Doc stated before up to 520+hp for stage 2.

I think the E85 tune great for USA an us in Australia who have it freely available. Doesn't sound like it is in Europe, shame as the gains are huge.

Seeing all the numbers and here in Aust plenty of APR tuned cars running 10s on 1/4 mile if I could afford it I'd upgrade from my stage 2 MK7R to FLrs3 in a heartbeat. For me it's the only car that ticks all the boxes.