MRC Stage 1 - Car Safety

Daniel Knight

Reaction score
The title of this thread is a little ominous but it's late and I couldn't think how else to ask the following:

I've recently had some work done on my car by MRC, I've had a Stage 1 remap, high flow filter, revised coil packs fitted, NRG race spark plugs, Forge inlet pipe, Forge turbo elbow and a Forge intercooler fitted. I'm really happy with the car and for now don't want to 'push' it any further..

But what I wanted to know is what you guys would recommend (if anything) I should do next or consider for keeping the car in a safe place in terms of minimising the additional strain on the engine by what I've had done.

Of course I know there is always a risk associated by tuning a car but I want to be mindful of what I'm doing rather than just chasing more power or sound etc.

Reactions: Tristan
I personally think you've added the right things to compliment stage 1.

Maybe reduce service intervals?

Can i also ask the cost and the figures you achieved please? I'm looking to go the exact same route with mine.

The title of this thread is a little ominous but it's late and I couldn't think how else to ask the following:

I've recently had some work done on my car by MRC, I've had a Stage 1 remap, high flow filter, revised coil packs fitted, NRG race spark plugs, Forge inlet pipe, Forge turbo elbow and a Forge intercooler fitted. I'm really happy with the car and for now don't want to 'push' it any further..

But what I wanted to know is what you guys would recommend (if anything) I should do next or consider for keeping the car in a safe place in terms of minimising the additional strain on the engine by what I've had done.

Of course I know there is always a risk associated by tuning a car but I want to be mindful of what I'm doing rather than just chasing more power or sound etc.
I think it's a sensible setup but unless you have it done already I'm not sure if it's a necessity but maybe a gearbox tune would help. And definitely servicing more regularly. Including the the gearbox service.
Been running stage 2 with similar mods and doing oil/filter changes every 5k and major service every 10. Ran stage 2 for almost 20k with no issues. And for me mrc have looked after me pretty well.

Water meth injection is a decent option to keep inlet temps down further and also significantly reduce detonation. Just a matter of purchasing the kit and getting a switchable map for it even when you run out of water meth.

Just runs slightly cooler and personally for me it's not amazing in terms of power gains, but it does bring more of that cooler night drive feel to your day driving if that makes sense and it feels like heatsoke is almost non existant.
Congrats on the figures though mate saw the video on YouTube, very impressive for stage 1. I've seen many stage 2 cars struggle to achieve the same.

As above - more frequent oil changes and not teaching you to suck eggs but try to be aware of warming up before any heavy loading and also cooling down after the same.