Mr muscle turbo/oil, question

stuart.garlinge

Reaction score
Cleaning the turbo with Mr muscle at the weekend, and a friend said that once cleaned add some oil to the turbo as starting up totally dry will fry it, is this correct or not, just I've never seen it mentioned in any of the how tosts, cheers

Your not squirting the mr muscle inside the oil feed for the turbo so why would it not have oil in it ??
Think you need some nerw friends who know what they are talking about.
It's usually a temporary repair if it works, best way is to take the turbo apart and clean it properly.

What I know about engines you can write on the back of a postage stamp, only asking to get a sensible answer, now I understand, cheers,

the turbo has itself has an entry and an exit side
you only want to clean the EXIT side not the entry side
if you clean it with mr muscle you do not need to ad anything afterwards , simply put the unit back together and start the engine

If you plan on cleaning the turbo like I did here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...cleaned-but-its-not-much-better-few-pics.html, then yes, fill the oil feed with fresh oil, then refit the oil lines. It prevents the turbo from running dry on initial startup.

But if you're going to clean the turbo in situ, then just remove the exhaust from the turbo and fill with Mr Muscle. There are plenty of guides if you search.

Dan